Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They cut him and they are very think on the interior. Kyle Long is recovering from surgery and the other guy is a backup.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They cut him and they are very think on the interior. Kyle Long is recovering from surgery and the other guy is a backup.
    Yup. Says a whole bunch.

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
    Shields is visiting the Rams tomorrow, per a source. He will meet with the Browns later this week. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...51688775753728

2:23 PM - Mar 5, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
    Shields is visiting the Rams tomorrow, per a source. He will meet with the Browns later this week. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...51688775753728

Best of luck to Shields, but I don't believe it is worth the risk for him to resume his NFL career. Maybe he signs a low risk contract for a team, but I think it will end badly with another concussion.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13

My source tells me Wolf vouched to Thompson for Shields' signing after the 2010 draft, not Gutekunst.

Here's Gutekunst's scouting report on Shields: Can't play receiver...Raw as fuck as a corner.

Wolf's: Fast...Played for the U...Nuff said.

Don't be surprised to see Shields sign with Cleveland, especially now that Wolf is over there. Samwise has a large tattoo of the Packers' Super Bowl 45 ring on his neck with the G logo and all, so it's gonna be kinda awkward when he shows up at the Browns' palace.

I would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

If it hasn't been mentioned, Sitton to Miami

If it hasn't been mentioned, Sitton to Miami
    Who are you BEARMAN?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Or...

Todd Archer @toddarcher
    Free-agent linebacker Joe Thomas is visiting the Cowboys. He spent the last three seasons with the Green Bay Packers after a brief stint on the Cowboys’ practice squad in 2015. The Packers did not tender him as a restricted free agent, allowing him to... https://t.co/k0r6dDedAl

Several former members of the Green Bay Packers are on rosters of the four-team developmental league known as “The Spring League,” which will begin March 28.

The group is headlined by former Packers quarterback Jerod Evans, who spent a few months on the team’s practice squad last season. Green Bay released him in mid-December.

A former star for Virginia Tech, Evans is the top quarterback on the “East” team.

Running back Brandon Burks (East), offensive lineman Jacob Flores (North) and cornerback Raysean Pringle (West) are also on teams. All three were undrafted free agent signings by the Packers.

Rob Demovsky
    Linebacker Joe Thomas will sign with the Cowboys, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, after the Packers decided not to tender him as a restricted free agent. The minimum tender would have been $1.9 million, which is probably too high for someone who...
    https://t.co/0vQNRrXmtb

Rob Demovsky
    Linebacker Joe Thomas will sign with the Cowboys, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, after the Packers decided not to tender him as a restricted free agent. The minimum tender would have been $1.9 million, which is probably too high for someone who...
    https://t.co/0vQNRrXmtb

However, two years ago, he played 820 snaps.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

@caplannfl
    #Raiders signed RT Breno Giacomini.

Seth Payne @PayneNFL
    This bullshit, fake tough guy act keeps working. Jump on guys after the whistle to disguise getting your ass beat, and coaches think it’s tough. Can’t blame him, I guess.

Seth Payne @PayneNFL
    Honestly not even mad at the player. Man's gotta work. I'm pissed at coaches who can't see through the bullshit. How do you watch that sieve on film and think that's what your team needs?

Craig Romero @cprhou
    Giacomini allowed 64 QB hurries last year. That is FIFTEEN more than any other offensive lineman.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Breno > Marshmallow Outhouse. Maybe, but really that's like arguing Episode I versus II.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Breno > Marshmallow Outhouse. Maybe, but really that's like arguing Episode I versus II.
    Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic Choice?

Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic Choice?
    Yes. It is called "Giant Shit Sandwich and We all Gotta Take a Bite."

Blog Entries
    Breno and Marshmallow are two guys who you notice and are glad they are ex-Packers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Breno and Marshmallow are two guys who you notice and are glad they are ex-Packers.
    NEXT ON THAT LIST

SPITZER
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    NEXT ON THAT LIST

SPITZER
    Spitz was fine! He just wasn't Josh Sitton. He probably wasn't Lang either.

Blog Entries
    Spitz was fine! He just wasn't Josh Sitton. He probably wasn't Lang either.
    You lose credibility when trying to make those comparisons IMO

Spitz should have never been in there. When he was he showed himself to be not ready to play at this point
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?