Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Rob Demovsky
    Linebacker Joe Thomas will sign with the Cowboys, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, after the Packers decided not to tender him as a restricted free agent. The minimum tender would have been $1.9 million, which is probably too high for someone who...
    https://t.co/0vQNRrXmtb

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    Linebacker Joe Thomas will sign with the Cowboys, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, after the Packers decided not to tender him as a restricted free agent. The minimum tender would have been $1.9 million, which is probably too high for someone who...
    https://t.co/0vQNRrXmtb

However, two years ago, he played 820 snaps.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

@caplannfl
    #Raiders signed RT Breno Giacomini.

Seth Payne @PayneNFL
    This bullshit, fake tough guy act keeps working. Jump on guys after the whistle to disguise getting your ass beat, and coaches think it’s tough. Can’t blame him, I guess.

Seth Payne @PayneNFL
    Honestly not even mad at the player. Man's gotta work. I'm pissed at coaches who can't see through the bullshit. How do you watch that sieve on film and think that's what your team needs?

Craig Romero @cprhou
    Giacomini allowed 64 QB hurries last year. That is FIFTEEN more than any other offensive lineman.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Breno > Marshmallow Outhouse. Maybe, but really that's like arguing Episode I versus II.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Breno > Marshmallow Outhouse. Maybe, but really that's like arguing Episode I versus II.
    Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic Choice?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Breno and Marshmallow are two guys who you notice and are glad they are ex-Packers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Breno and Marshmallow are two guys who you notice and are glad they are ex-Packers.
    NEXT ON THAT LIST

SPITZER
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    NEXT ON THAT LIST

SPITZER
    Spitz was fine! He just wasn't Josh Sitton. He probably wasn't Lang either.

Blog Entries
    Spitz was fine! He just wasn't Josh Sitton. He probably wasn't Lang either.
    You lose credibility when trying to make those comparisons IMO

Spitz should have never been in there. When he was he showed himself to be not ready to play at this point
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Spitz should have never been in there. When he was he showed himself to be not ready to play at this point
    I agree. He wasn't ready. But he had the attitude you need. He never gave up even when beaten.

Marshmallow was the king of getting beat and giving up.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

In other Ex-OL news, Evan Dietrich Smith re-upped with Tampa. His 9th season in the league, he's a swing man now, backing up all interior line positions.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I agree. He wasn't ready. But he had the attitude you need. He never gave up even when beaten.

Are we talking about Jason Spitz, Guard, GBP 2005-2010? Louisville's own?

Wasn't ready? He started 45 games over four seasons, two with Bert (including a year they SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SUPERB OWL) and two with Rodgers?

He got bumped out of the lineup by Sitton after having a back injury?

Are you the second and third accounts of Retail Guy

He was never spectacular and could be beaten, but was a more natural Guard than Colledge. The injury robbed him of his toughness. He needed to be replaced and was, though it took an All-Pro to do it. I think your memories of him are tainted by his backup time and exit.

He was better than any other interior starter/backup they had until Linsley/Tretter.

This guy?

By saying Sitton obviously and Lang probably were better than a (healthy) Spitz, I am somehow losing credibility?

Have you lost all memory of 2005-2010?

Who is winning versus the battle against the Giants Aces? Spitz ain't falling down!

Confusing Spitz with Barbre perhaps? Or Moll? Maybe even Coston?

Spitz came in with Colledge, and was clearly the more NFL ready of the two, and until he was hurt, Spitz was better and more consistent than Colledge. The Packers always wanted Spitz at center, but couldn't do it his first few years because he was their best guard.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Are we talking about Jason Spitz, Guard, GBP 2005-2010? Louisville's own?

Wasn't ready? He started 45 games over four seasons, two with Bert (including a year they SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SUPERB OWL) and two with Rodgers?

He got bumped out of the lineup by Sitton after having a back injury?

Are you the second and third accounts of Retail Guy

He was never spectacular and could be beaten, but was a more natural Guard than Colledge. The injury robbed him of his toughness. He needed to be replaced and was, though it took an All-Pro to do it. I think your memories of him are tainted by his backup time and exit.

He was better than any other interior starter/backup they had until Linsley/Tretter.
    Sorry, Spriggs not Spitz.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic Choice?
    Yes. It is called "Giant Shit Sandwich and We all Gotta Take a Bite."

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Sorry, Spriggs not Spitz.
    OK, now I understand you. You may be misguided, but doubt is understandable about SPRIGGS™

Bretsky still has to explain who he is talking about.

Blog Entries
    OK, now I understand you. You may be misguided, but doubt is understandable about SPRIGGS™

Bretsky still has to explain who he is talking about.

DAMMIT..........DAMMIT.....DAMMIT............SORRY PB

I'm all over Spriggs; post was made right when I got back from fun in the sun. Spriggs is my new whipping boy

Looks like the Jordy Nelson sympathy tour is in full swing now. ...