Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Yes, hard to believe that Janis will no longer be a Packer WR.

He had just passed Joel Mason, Lee Morris, Jack Chancy, and Jug Girard on the all-time Packers reception list. The sky was the limit for this guy. He will definitely be missed.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Had Janis been given the opportunities that Adams was it may be a different story. Stubby would let the fraud fuck up numerous times a game and he still got to play. Janis even thought about screwing up and stubby wouldn't play him.
    Yep, Janis is better than Adams - only Stubby held him back. lol - great take.

Even so, I expect Janis to get a few opportunities to catch some bombs in Cleveland.

It's funny - Cleveland Brown Stadium is next door to the Rock and Roll HOF - the HOF is like a Goodwill drop off site for musicians and the Brownies are like the Goodwill drop off for former Packers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yep, Janis is better than Adams - only Stubby held him back. lol - great take.

Even so, I expect Janis to get a few opportunities to catch some bombs in Cleveland.

It's funny - Cleveland Brown Stadium is next door to the Rock and Roll HOF - the HOF is like a Goodwill drop off site for musicians and the Brownies are like the Goodwill drop off for former Packers.

Yes because that's exactly what I said. I still think he would have been pretty damn good had he been given the leeway to fuck up like the fraud has been given. I'm still not convinced that Adams is anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Farewell Sweet Prince. Packers are gonna miss you.

What the hell was it !?

Did MM have trouble identifying JJ and ARod in crucial pressure packed situations (check the Jersey Number Mike !) so he kept Janis on the bench?

That Man Janis has some serious skills. He should have been coached up to be a more consistent weapon in Regular Season games. Could it be that again the Packer Coaching might be deemed suspect !?

" Janis looks to be no more than the No. 4 receiver in Cleveland but has proven to be an excellent special teams gunner chasing down kickoffs and punts. " So again....the Green Bay Packers get to having to replace and presently weakeron ST's.

" What in hell is going on around here." VL

I think he would have looked good as a NE Patriots. ... I hope he lights it up in Cleveland.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-02-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What the hell was it !?

That Man Janis has some serious skills. He should have been coached up to be a more consistent weapon in Regular Season games. Could it be that again the Packer Coaching might be deemed suspect !?
    Help me out here with the narrative. Is the thinking that Packer coaching was great with Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley (when he was healthy), etc. etc., but they just happened to blow it on the seventh round pick whom all other teams passed over, but who was obviously extraordinarily talented? And that other teams would have successfully exploited Janis' vast talents, like they do for all the other all pro seventh round picks, but were all corporately hypnotized into passing him over for seven rounds? Or are we to believe that Rodgers, who is the autonomous, independent, self-made QB, who makes the offense and the whole organization run, despite the horrible negative influence of the coaching staff and GM, was able to drag all the other no-talent Ted loser WRs to top scoring status, but inexplicably failed in the case of Janis? Or that the coaching staff kept Janis on the team for ST play, and specifically held him back as a WR because, even though his talent was obvious to all, they simply wanted to hold him back out of spite? Or is there another narrative I'm missing?
    Last edited by mraynrand; 04-02-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The Packers win, or used to despite stubby and his ineptness. When a player has talent that needs to be coached up, he is not the coach to do it. He can coach the players that pretty much anyone could because they are so talented.

Help me out here with the narrative. Is the thinking that Packer coaching was great with Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley (when he was healthy), etc. etc., but they just happened to blow it on the seventh round pick whom all other teams passed over, but who was obviously extraordinarily talented? And that other teams would have successfully exploited Janis' vast talents, like they do for all the other all pro seventh round picks, but were all corporately hypnotized into passing him over for seven rounds? Or are we to believe that Rodgers, who is the autonomous, independent, self-made QB, who makes the offense and the whole organization run, despite the horrible negative influence of the coaching staff and GM, was able to drag all the other no-talent Ted loser WRs to top scoring status, but inexplicably failed in the case of Janis? Or that the coaching staff kept Janis on the team for ST play, and specifically held him back as a WR because, even though his talent was obvious to all, they simply wanted to hold him back out of spite? Or is there another narrative I'm missing?
    The answer is yes... to everything.
    Go PACK

The Packers win, or used to despite stubby and his ineptness. When a player has talent that needs to be coached up, he is not the coach to do it. He can coach the players that pretty much anyone could because they are so talented.
    The Packers had so much talent that they won in spite of MM? Yet Thompson was a horrible egomaniac who blew picks left and right? Does not compute.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    The Packers had so much talent that they won in spite of MM? Yet Thompson was a horrible egomaniac who blew picks left and right? Does not compute.

This team has holes at almost every position. That would be due to who if not the one that was in charge for the last 13 years? As far as stubby, yeah he's mediocre at best.

Blog Entries
    Yes because that's exactly what I said. I still think he would have been pretty damn good had he been given the leeway to fuck up like the fraud has been given. I'm still not convinced that Adams is anything special.
    Rusty.....we agree on some things but you kill some credibility on this one

Janis runs poor route and consistently makes poor decisions that cause bad things to happy for Green Bay. Unreliability is not a good trait to have as a WR in a pass happy offense.

Janis didn't earn any more reps that he recieved
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Rusty.....we agree on some things but you kill some credibility on this one

Janis runs poor route and consistently makes poor decisions that cause bad things to happy for Green Bay. Unreliability is not a good trait to have as a WR in a pass happy offense.

Janis didn't earn any more reps that he recieved

But it could be argued that Adams was unreliable until he wasn't. The difference being he kept getting reps.

Future AllPro receiver Jeff Janis signed for $1.25 mil with no guaranteed money. A true bargain.

No signing bonus just $100,000 workout bonus.

Despite board expectations, Janis doesn’t seem to embody Belichickism. As he went to the Browns on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Future AllPro receiver Jeff Janis signed for $1.25 mil with no guaranteed money. A true bargain.

No signing bonus just $100,000 workout bonus.

Despite board expectations, Janis doesn’t seem to embody Belichickism. As he went to the Browns on the cheap.
    I thought he'd get at least the same $$ as Jordy. He's younger, faster, more athletic, has had no major injury, and steps up in playoff games.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I thought he'd get at least the same $$ as Jordy. He's younger, faster, more athletic, has had no major injury, and steps up in playoff games.
    I still don't understand some folks dislike of janis? Is it disappointment? I mean, Jesus christ, the man is gone, let him rest in peace and wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I still don't understand some folks dislike of janis? Is it disappointment? I mean, Jesus christ, the man is gone, let him rest in peace and wish him the best.
    Speaking for me, I like him. But I also think he's pretty limited. I don't believe the Janis lovers view that he's an overlooked great or even good talent. I think that some team, like Cleveland, needing some WR talent, might be able to get him a few more chances, but I don't think he'll even be much more than a slant or go guy. I wish him well, especially since it would be nice to see Cleveland win a game or two. As far as disappointment, I have none. He was a good ST player and had some moments as WR. That's pretty good for a 236th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I am not actually dancing on his (putative) grave. Janis is a fantastic athlete and freak at WR. He was a Pro Bowl special teamer. But he just doesn't work in this offense. Maybe Hue Jackson has a better plan.

Some board members are very pro Janis and seem to me to be projecting his shortcomings on McCarthy. Some thought the Patriots would run at the chance to acquire him. My post was directed at them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not actually dancing on his (putative) grave. Janis is a fantastic athlete and freak at WR. He was a Pro Bowl special teamer. But he just doesn't work in this offense. Maybe Hue Jackson has a better plan.

Some board members are very pro Janis and seem to me to be projecting his shortcomings on McCarthy. Some thought the Patriots would run at the chance to acquire him. My post was directed at them.
    You do know that every time Janis has a good game there will be threads started on what a stupid choice it was to let him go.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You do know that every time Janis has a good game there will be threads started on what a stupid choice it was to let him go.
    At this point I would imagine new threads (plural) after each successful catch.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    At this point I would imagine new threads (plural) after each successful catch.
    I am putting the over/under at 8 threads.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I am putting the over/under at 8 threads.
    I think being wide open down the field as the QB runs for their life gets a thread too.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.