Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

All these recent posts prove is that it's not the coaching staff's fault. These guys can't play anywhere. It's TT's fault for drafting them or signing them.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Someone will kick the tires on Janis for his ST ability. But as a WR? Nope. He's had plenty of chances, he is what he is at this point...an ace ST gunner.

What's Khyri Thornton up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Someone will kick the tires on Janis for his ST ability. But as a WR? Nope. He's had plenty of chances, he is what he is at this point...an ace ST gunner.

What's Khyri Thornton up to these days?

the thing is an ace ST gunner who can occasionally contribute on offense is worth keeping around. Jordy and janis are 2 players that should still be on GB's roster. Yet they keep some shit that contributes little to nothing, ST or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    All these recent posts prove is that it's not the coaching staff's fault. These guys can't play anywhere. It's TT's fault for drafting them or signing them.
    I don't think that is quite true. They have talent playing elsewhere the former regime mismanaged, especially on defense. Too early to say for some of these releases. Its fair to say they are not highly thought of.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    the thing is an ace ST gunner who can occasionally contribute on offense is worth keeping around. Jordy and janis are 2 players that should still be on GB's roster. Yet they keep some shit that contributes little to nothing, ST or otherwise.
    32 teams seem to disagree with this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    32 teams seem to disagree with this.

It's a conspiracy because he's white.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It's a conspiracy because he sucks.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Um...every team in the NFL is cutting guys who it turns out aren't good enough to play in the NFL. Packers are experiencing more turnover this year than normal, but a new GM and DC are likely a factor in that.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-05-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Um...every team in the NFL is cutting guys who it turns out aren't good enough to play in the NFL. Packers are experiencing more turnover this year than normal, but a new GM and DC are likely a factor in that.
    You and PB both missed the irony of my post? I'm slipping.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Or we are.

Or we are.
    Guilty as charged.

Blog Entries

Here I thought you were finally coming to your senses Fritz
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Aaron Ripkowski is working out for the Patriots, along with 7 other JAGs.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...endall-wright/

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Here I thought you were finally coming to your senses Fritz
    I do think TT had poorer drafts later - not completely piss-poor, except maybe 2015 - but just drafts where he hit on only a couple of guys who could play, really play. The '16 is an example - Clark looks to be a stud, but the rest of the draft has yielded, so far, a shaky backup tackle, a two-down ILB, a rotational d-line guy, and a return guy whose numbers belie his bonehead plays. Not horrible, but not the kind of draft that they needed to get where they want to go. The '17 draft might be better - if King can stay healthy. Williams and A. Jones look like good running backs. Hope is fading for both Josh Jones and Montravius Adams, though maybe safety is a hard position to get and Jones will become accomplished.

So I still think Thompson was good at his job, but maybe not so good as I'd thought he was. He just hasn't seemed to have been able to hit on that All-Pro blue chipper like Matthews or Rodgers or Nick Collins in a while. Still, it's funny when people just make blanket statements about right and wrong and good and bad. Rarely is life that simple, yet we all love to look for a black-and-white answer. Thus I was being ironic in my condemnation of TT in this thread.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Great post Fritz. I had many of those thoughts. Thompson was a big believer of scouting. We can find the best young guys and develop 'em. That's a great theory, but you've got to produce. TT didn't want to sign many vets bc it would take reps and development time from his draft picks. It was sound when he was hitting on his picks, but he began to miss. When he was canned, it was time to go.

Or we are.
    Are you doing the "it's not you, it's me" thing? How cute...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Dallas Cowboys depth chart lists Datone Jones as a starter at DT.

Buffalo Bills depth chart lists Marshal Newhouse as the backup LT. Since leaving GB, he has started 40 games in four years with three different teams. Buffalo makes it 4 teams in five years. Good enough to play in a pinch, but the guy you always want to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Dallas Cowboys depth chart lists Datone Jones as a starter at DT.

Buffalo Bills depth chart lists Marshal Newhouse as the backup LT. Since leaving GB, he has started 40 games in four years with three different teams. Buffalo makes it 4 teams in five years. Good enough to play in a pinch, but the guy you always want to replace.
    And true to form for a (former) Packer defender, Datone will miss Week 1 with a knee injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...ut-for-week-1/

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And true to form for a (former) Packer defender, Datone will miss Week 1 with a knee injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...ut-for-week-1/
    . ...and Nate Palmer is on IR with the Titans while Eric Walden got an injury settlement from Seattle. How long before Burnett hits the Steelers injury report?

ahmad brooks has been suspended for 6 games,even though he isn't on a team

whatever the violation was, it might have come when he was a packer last year. or it could have just happened