Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotarace View Post
    One year 5 million dollar deal is being reported...teams aren't paying ex packers anywhere near what we were willing to pay them.
    You're right. That's $5 million more than we were willing to pay this year.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Cobb signing with Cowboys.
    Solid teammate and citizen who was tough until the injuries robbed him of his athleticism. Was a valuable Bear killer. Wish him the best unless GB plays DAL.

Jeebus.

Aaron Wilson
    Jake Ryan (Jaguars), $8M, $1M gtd, $500K signing bonus, salaries $1M ($500K gtd), $5.5M; $31,250 per game active annual, 2020 is option to be exercised prior to 22nd day before 2020 lg yr, if exercised $1M of salary gtd, $1.75M annual playtime incentive

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jeebus.

Aaron Wilson
    Jake Ryan (Jaguars), $8M, $1M gtd, $500K signing bonus, salaries $1M ($500K gtd), $5.5M; $31,250 per game active annual, 2020 is option to be exercised prior to 22nd day before 2020 lg yr, if exercised $1M of salary gtd, $1.75M annual playtime incentive
    so really its only a 1 year 2.25 million dollar deal

Matthews is signing with the Rams.

He tweeted a photoshop of his new 52 uniform.

Mike Garafolo

Two-year deal for LB Clay Matthews with the #Rams worth a max of $16.75 million, source says. He had more lucrative offers on the table but he just welcomed his third child and really wanted to play close to home. Plus, a shot at another ring doesn’t hurt.

Mike Garafolo

Two-year deal for LB Clay Matthews with the #Rams worth a max of $16.75 million, source says. He had more lucrative offers on the table but he just welcomed his third child and really wanted to play close to home. Plus, a shot at another ring doesn’t hurt.
    This was the rumor, and I'm not surprised. It makes sense for a lot of reasons. Was a difference maker in his younger years and seemed like a good guy. I think he leaves as the GB sack leader all time?
    Adios, and thanks for all the memories.

Mike Garafolo

Anyone know the contract details. I'd be curious to know just how much the Rams are actually going to (over) pay him this year, since I highly doubt he will play well enough to see the second year of the contract.

Clay's motor may always be running, but he's down to two cylinders and his timing belt is slipping.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Bye Felicia

Clay was one of the building blocks of the Super Bowl Champs. Played through a lot of injuries that eventually took their toll, but still played hard.

It will be interesting to see how Wade Phillips will utilize him.

Thanks for the memories.

Two great Packers. I will miss them both. I loved every second I was able to watch them play. It's time to move on for sure, but that doesn't mean it's not sad.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I love Steroids!
    "The Clay Matthews Story"

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I love Steroids!
    "The Clay Matthews Story"
    Tough but fair.

goodbye cliff

remember how people always talk about how its better to get rid of a guy one year too early rather then one year too late?

well this one was a few years too late

It will be weird not seeing Ray Nitschke/John Andersen/Brian Noble/AJ Hawk/Clay Matthews playing linebacker for the Packers any more.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Arod feeling a little lonely?

Guess I'm feeling nostalgic today.

video was blocked joe

the error message says, " this player sucked and is finally no longer part of this team"

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    video was blocked joe

the error message says, " this player sucked and is finally no longer part of this team"
    Just click where it says, Watch On Youtube.

Now that Cobb is with Dallas, will be go by the name Randall "Tex" Cobb?