Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

There goes the Stallions' special teams play.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    There goes the Stallions' special teams play.
    He once was a well regarded DC in college. Maybe his secondary makes up for it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

For lack of a better thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Gutekunst also has Thompson at his side, at least for now. The former GM who was pushed aside 14 months ago now serves as a senior adviser, although he recently moved back to his home in Texas. A source said he’s not expected to travel much to Green Bay anymore because of his declining health and the need to have someone travel with him.
    I know we were all surmising about it, but I guess the end of his health came rapidly.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Ouch. I am sad for him. He was - is - such a decent human being. I wonder how apparent his decline was, the last few years as GM? These things can be hard to gauge.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ouch. I am sad for him. He was - is - such a decent human being. I wonder how apparent his decline was, the last few years as GM? These things can be hard to gauge.
    it was two three years ago i commented on here that his post draft presser was hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    it was two three years ago i commented on here that his post draft presser was hard to watch.
    Yeah. When he came back from that longer than expected absence after having a medical procedure, he looked lost.

I wonder if part of the problem the last 3-4 years was that Ted really wasn't running the show.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Yup, it was very apparent then that something was wrong with him

It’s nuts he stayed around for a couple more years calling the shots

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah. When he came back from that longer than expected absence after having a medical procedure, he looked lost.

I wonder if part of the problem the last 3-4 years was that Ted really wasn't running the show.

You think fat mike weaseled his way into making the decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Yup, it was very apparent then that something was wrong with him

It’s nuts he stayed around for a couple more years calling the shots
    Ted is like the guy at work who is 70 years old and can comfortably retire. Everybody wonders why the person sticks around, but they can't think of themselves ever doing anything but work.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You think fat mike weaseled his way into making the decisions?
    Speculation was that Ball picked up the pieces.

Lions released TJ Lang. He played just 19 games for them in two seasons.

Speculation was that Ball picked up the pieces.
    If that's the case, maybe it's good that Murphy didn't give him the GM job.

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

He was calling Mike Sherman for advice?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Maybe.

Or his barber.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    LaDarious Fucking Gunter started at CB in the playoffs, for fuck’s sake! Proof that Todd was still in charge back then.

Sherman would’ve signed Antonio Cromartie. Even though Cro wasn’t the pimp he was in his youth, with his time-vested experiences fighting NFL wars, he woulda limited Julio Jones to 100 yards receiving and a TD instead of 250 and 3 as goddamned Gunter did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    LaDarious Fucking Gunter started at CB in the playoffs, for fuck’s sake! Proof that Todd was still in charge back then.

Sherman would’ve signed Antonio Cromartie. Even though Cro wasn’t the pimp he was in his youth, with his time-vested experiences fighting NFL wars, he woulda limited Julio Jones to 100 yards receiving and a TD instead of 250 and 3 as goddamned Gunter did.
    I'm pretty sure they weren't excited to have to use Gunter, but injuries and their approach to building depth at the position was the reason. Thing is, if he was some diamond in the rough prospect that was going to be developed, he certainly didn't stick around Green Bay and no other club really wanted him.

Which is worse as a reputation, having other teams make a silk purse out of your sow's ear, or realizing that what you thought could be a silk purse was actually a sow's ear and nobody else thought it was worth the bother?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

HHCD is a Bear for a year. He only got a one year deal. Makes me think teams are tempestuous about him.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Anyone want Jordy back on a one year deal? He may retire, who knows?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-jordy-nelson/

Anyone want Jordy back on a one year deal? He may retire, who knows?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-jordy-nelson/
    I think Jordy might devote all his time to his other job.