Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    ANYBODY WATCH NO ?

Our old Friend Mr Hill just threw two TD's to lead a comeback and beat San Diego

Yet another backup far better than Kizer.

Another Patriots tight end will not be available to start the season. Lance Kendricks drew a one-game suspension for a violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Didn't LK get busted in Wisconsin for that?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Didn't LK get busted in Wisconsin for that?
    I dunno, but I know he ordered the Code Red. Dawson and Downey were just following orders.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I dunno, but I know he ordered the Code Red. Dawson and Downey were just following orders.
    He might not have been in his right mind.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ana-posession/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Datone released by Jags.

Two year Packer practice squad player, who always showed enough promise to intrigue coaches, including a year with Pittsburgh after GB, Herb Waters, has been waived.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Datone released by Jags.
    What a miss on that guy.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Here's an interesting one. Remember Mike Pennel, the huge DT? Spent three years in GB, playing some. Then two years with the Jets playing regularly. Signed a two year contract this off season with the Patriots, worth $8M with roster and game day bonuses but very reachable since he hadn't missed a game with the Jets. Waived this week.

Found this from an article when he signed, which also mentions former Packer Lawrence Guy:

According to Pro Football Focus, Lawrence Guy (90.1) and Pennel (87.1) were the highest graded interior defensive lineman in the AFC East last season. That includes both Shelton and Brown, who weren't even graded inside the top-5 among the division's interior lineman, all of which were Jets players outside of Guy.

Speaking of Guy, now that Pennel is in the fold, the Patriots have a chance to have a pretty solid tandem at defensive tackle next season. Guy has established himself as a strong option at the position throughout his tenure with the club. He arrived in 2017 and has blossomed into quite the reliable option for the Patriots. That favorable grade by PFF not only put him atop the interior linemen in the AFC East, but he's also eleventh among his peers in the entire NFL for last year. Last season, Guy totaled a career high of 59 tackles and 11 quarterback hits to go along with a sack and a forced fumble. In the playoffs, Guy was able to tack on three tackles, two quarterback hits and half a sack.
    Last edited by Patler; 08-30-2019 at 01:01 PM.

If a lord has to execute a citizen he should sharpen his blade and do it himself. Gotta hand it to Gute, he’s come in, sharpened his axe and conducted business as if ice runs through his veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Here's an interesting one. Remember Mike Pennel, the huge DT? Spent three years in GB, playing some. Then two years with the Jets playing regularly. Signed a two year contract this off season with the Patriots, worth $8M with roster and game day bonuses but very reachable since he hadn't missed a game with the Jets. Waived this week.

Found this from an article when he signed, which also mentions former Packer Lawrence Guy:
    Lawrence Guy has gone on to have a pretty good career with NE.

A few other former Packers in cuts announced Friday:

Joe Calahan
    Kofi Amichia
    Christian Ringo
    Quinton Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Lawrence Guy has gone on to have a pretty good career with NE.
    He was good with the Colts too.

"According to Pro Football Focus, Lawrence Guy (90.1) and Pennel (87.1) were the highest graded interior defensive lineman in the AFC East last season."

The mighty AFC East.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Our former Hail Mary threat, TE Richard Rogers, put on IR by the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Our former Hail Mary threat, TE Richard Rogers, put on IR by the Eagles.
    Incompetent Receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    A few other former Packers in cuts announced Friday:

Joe Calahan
    Kofi Amichia
    Christian Ringo
    Quinton Rollins
    If Joe Callahan and Taysom Hill were still here, we could have gotten rid of Rodgers, Kizer, and Boyle in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    If Joe Callahan and Taysom Hill were still here, we could have gotten rid of Rodgers, Kizer, and Boyle in one fell swoop.
    Just when I think you couldn’t possibly do anything dumber, you go ahead and do this... and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!

Vince Biegel made the initial 53 with New Orleans, Marshall Newhouse was put on IR, and Chris Banjo was released.

Jake Ryan never made it onto the practice field with the Jags this preseason. Said to have had a significant setback in his ACL surgery recovery in late July. It has now been more than a year since the surgery, so this doesn't sound good for him. He will start the season on the "Reserve/NFI" (PUP?) list.