Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 6m6 minutes ago
    Source: the Lions have claimed DL Jerel Worthy. 2012 second round pick of the Packers was waived by KC on Monday.

I think they do need some depth, but I wonder if there's not a little of that hometown-boy-gets-a-favor going on. Maybe they're hoping that being back home will somehow help the guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Here's one for you. If the Packers had a crystal ball on draft day to see Worthy's future and Russell Wilson's future, they could have selected Wilson instead, and perhaps in the course of playing him in the pre-season 2012, 2013, or during the 2013 stretch when Rodgers was hurt, Wilson could have built up enough interest to have trade partners lined up and the Pack could have parlayed him into draft picks. I know it's ridiculous to think they would have spent that pick on Wilson, but it's interesting to think about what might have been.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Be careful Carolina, some Packer fans, who spent too much time envisioning alternate scenarios about the Mandarich draft, still haven't returned to present day.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Flynn cut by the Patriots. He's a Packer to the heart, can only play in GB, and was on the NFI because he had a hamstring.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-matt-flynn/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Flynn cut by the Patriots. He's a Packer to the heart, can only play in GB, and was on the NFI because he had a hamstring.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-matt-flynn/
    From what I have been hearing this has been coming for a few days close to a week, and was no surprise. They also will likely bring him back when the hammy is healed, they just wanted an able body in camp to do some throwing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-tight-end/

DJ Williams signs with the Redskins. Probably to play QB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-tight-end/

DJ Williams signs with the Redskins. Probably to play QB.
    Actually, the Indigenous Americans would love to have the Packers TE situation. They've had 2 TE's get hurt and their starter missed 12 games last year.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Be careful Carolina, some Packer fans, who spent too much time envisioning alternate scenarios about the Mandarich draft, still haven't returned to present day.
    I'm still not over drafting Rich Campbell over Ronnie Lott in 1981. The Packers were so bad at drafting then.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Flynn to the Jets - if he gets healthy, he could end up starting there! Not like he's behind an entrenched started or anything.
    --

Forgot to grab the link, but I think Jarius Wynn was placed on an injured list with the Bills.

Yep, injured reserve. http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bill...arius_wyn.html

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Flynn to the Jets - if he gets healthy, he could end up starting there! Not like he's behind an entrenched started or anything.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/jets-coa...ble-1440026273

He also is not guaranteed to win a backup job, he has lingering hammy. The Jets coach certainly offered him a warm welcome in his quote to press.

Flynn is a mystery. Last preseason the camp watchers said his arm was reinvigorated - throwing with some new zip. Not so much when he played in games. He is only 30, not old for a qb.

Are there really no other vets waiting by phone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/jets-coa...ble-1440026273

He also is not guaranteed to win a backup job, he has lingering hammy. The Jets coach certainly offered him a warm welcome in his quote to press.

Flynn is a mystery. Last preseason the camp watchers said his arm was reinvigorated - throwing with some new zip. Not so much when he played in games. He is only 30, not old for a qb.

Are there really no other vets waiting by phone?
    Supposedly, choices 2 & 3 were Vick and Rex Grossman(!).

So the answer is no, probably.

Vick & Rex don't sound so terrible to me.

Chewy said that Craig Nall still has a cannon for an arm; none of the old timers could catch his passes at the flag football game this summer. Maybe Jets should have scouted game.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Supposedly, choices 2 & 3 were Vick and Rex Grossman(!).

So the answer is no, probably.
    ninja'd, when was the last time you did that old timer?

You forgot Tyler Thigpen and Seneca Wallace. And this guy, who let the team he looks good in green

‏@JaredLorenzen22

Umm @nyjets just saying I already look great in green. #ComingbacktoNYC #ThrowboyTees

--

Red will be heartbroken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
    Free agent CB Jarrett Bush, already suspended 4 weeks, was just suspended an additional 10 weeks, source said. Former #Packers CB

Blog Entries
    I'll be the first on to call it

He'll resign with GB just in time for another Super Bowl Run !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Flynn should have gotten the Tommy John surgery years ago. He'd probably be not terrible if his elbow weren't so chewed up.

Red will be heartbroken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
    Free agent CB Jarrett Bush, already suspended 4 weeks, was just suspended an additional 10 weeks, source said. Former #Packers CB
    can I get a big 'ol wtf? out of this?

Dude fall off the wagon or something? Did he ever get in a sniff of trouble before, and all of a sudden he goes to an Italian restaurant and trashes the joint so it looks like something out of Atomic Lobster?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I'm still not over drafting Rich Campbell over Ronnie Lott in 1981. The Packers were so bad at drafting then.

There was a story a few years ago in the JSO that suggested Packer scouts really, really loved this Notre Dame kid named Montana, but Bart wanted to show he was da man so he passed on that guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Sometime TE and full time pain in the ass ST player Brandon Bostick was cut today by the Vikes.