Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1417

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

2 many Josh's for me.

You got it Joe
    They both suck. No wonder you got them mixed up, KY.

But they suck in different ways, I think. Josh Jones was a Ted Thompson special - a fantastic athlete who Ted must've thought could learn the ways of an NFL safety. He never could, of course. He had no instincts whatsoever and a fairly large ego, which made learning even more impossible.

Josh Jackson was a Gutey pick - in this case, a very productive college guy who had limited athleticism.

But yeah, they both suck. And I'm with George Cumby - Josh Jackson can't help the Chiefs pick up any nuances of Joe Barry's defense, because Josh Jackson couldn't pick up the nuances of anyone's defensive system. Or so it seemed. Or maybe it was just that he was too slow and too grabby. But I don't think the dude ever even played well or much on special teams.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Josh Jones was a fool. He didn't want to play the hybrid S/LB position, even though at 6-2, 220 he was perfectly suited for it.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Kentucky, heed not the Mailman.

Aided by ‘roid, Josh Jones gained about 100lbs of muscle and is now the starting RT for the Rednecks (Roman Catholic in Irish) of Arizona. Google it.

Rashan Gary did eat Jones’ lunch the other day, though, which was surprising b/c, according to Fritz, the U of Michigan is known for it’s schoolers, not edge rushers. Fritz proclaimed Gary a bust the moment he was drafted.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

NFLPA President JC Tretter says players would support removing taunting point of emphasis

hard no. taunting has no place in sports IMO and should be reserved for football forums

You're half right, Harlan. Let freedom of speech i.e. taunting if that's the speech you want to speak reign supreme in forums. But also, give it the green light on the field too. If it results in a fight, they can always penalize the perps in the fights. Nobody is gonna get hurt punching guys with helmets anyway hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Field Yates
    @FieldYates

The Broncos are working out former Packers TE Jace Sternberger.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

#Lions coach Dan Campbell tells reporters that QB Jared Goff (oblique) won’t practice today. Reserve Tim Boyle, still on IR but with his window open, will take first-team reps — potentially opening the door to Boyle starting.
    Tim Boyle with a chance to start this week?

Bashaud Breeland cut by Vikings.
    He was very inconsistent this year -- some good play, some terrible play. Fighting with coaches is not a good look.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-cut...215858042.html

Jaylen Smith got picked up by the Giants and as made a tackle or two today.

Hard not to root for Jaylon. I just think it's too much to overcome.

He had several really good seasons after the bad injury. It's kinda a mystery why his career has nose-dived now.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    He had several really good seasons after the bad injury. It's kinda a mystery why his career has nose-dived now.
    He was never terribly fast but seemed capable of diagnosing plays accurately and took good angles, as well as dealing well with blockers. When he lost another step he looked like he was running in water and just didn't belong on the field anymore. Not sure why he lost that step so relatively young, he's not 30 is he?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Lane Taylor on the Texan's covid reserve. I forgot he was there, anyone know he was starting and how he was playing in general?
    --

Ty Montgomery with a STs tackle in the saints game

In the 'almost a Packer' department - Blake Bortles signs with the Saints lol. Dude is raking in some money flying around the country to be a stand-by emergency QB! He came back to the Packers for the KC game after being cut at the tend of TC and wasn't he (briefly) with another team in the interim?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    In the 'almost a Packer' department - Blake Bortles signs with the Saints lol. Dude is raking in some money flying around the country to be a stand-by emergency QB! He came back to the Packers for the KC game after being cut at the tend of TC and wasn't he (briefly) with another team in the interim?
    Great way to see some great NFL matchups from a prime view - and get paid to do it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Not exactly a "Packer still pursuing the dream", but Jordan Rodgers is broadcasting the Purdue game (Music City Bowl). He may have to work overtime.

And Josiah Deguara's second cousin on his mom's side has her Amish Wildyng coming up, which she will be broadcasting on Tik Tok in snippets.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Chris Banjo, of "More Banjo" fame made a big play in last weeks game. The Cards ran a fake punt. Banjo threw a first down pass to a wide receiver who made a helmet catch to keep the Birds alive. Banjo is 31 and has played for four NFL teams. Mainly an ST guy, he has lashed together a multi year career as an NFL fringe guy. He has pursued the dream and has caught it.

Ty Montgomery remains to be a "what could have been" for me. He looked quite crisp to me before that horrible ankle injury. I remember seeing that thing just buckle under him.