Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1422

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That makes more sense to me. Punter is hanging out with the ST anyway and has more time to work with the long snapper as his practice is limited to punting the ball few enough times to avoid leg fatigue. And the punter also has to handle long snaps already. I guess it makes sense, but if you have a really good punter that can't hold, I would look for alternatives....not that our punter was good in December as Fritz mentions.
    Even the shittiest NFL player was probably one of the top athletes his high school ever produced. Many of them were their high school
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Henry Black has signed with Falcons.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Benkert had a tryout with the Texans
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Christian Ringo signed with the Cardinals last week. Former 2015 6th round pick who has bounced around the league.

He's made a living at it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Dexter Williams is back with the Packers.

^ Nice.

Always appreciated his hard-nosed style.

How bad is Kevin King? No interest with a month until the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    How bad is Kevin King? No interest with a month until the season starts.
    Not true. There's been lots of interest; he's gotten offers from both Home Depot and Burger King.

KYPack

LB Kamal Martin waived with injury designation by the Panthers. A Packer 5th round pick that didn’t pan out.

Weird that we whiff on Martin but then get equitable value on Barnes as an UDFA. Shotgun blast method works sometimes.

LB Kamal Martin waived with injury designation by the Panthers. A Packer 5th round pick that didn’t pan out.
    Was a little surprised they let him go after he showed promise his rookie year.
    I thought I read somewhere he was let go by GB because they thought his knees were in bad shape and wouldn't get better, so his prospects for staying healthy and having a long-term pro football career were not great. Didn't want to roster a guy who was always hurt.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

Did the regime change happen between the draft and the cut? If not, I don't really understand why they spent a 5th on him, if the circumstances above are accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Did the regime change happen between the draft and the cut? If not, I don't really understand why they spent a 5th on him, if the circumstances above are accurate.
    I think they took a chance on a guy who likely would have been a Day 2 pick if not for the knees. But I think him not being assignment sure in pass defense was a reason for him getting cut so soon.

JC Tretter announces his retirement after 8 seasons. Pretty unusual for a guy only 31 years old who was playing at a pro bowl level.

JC Tretter announces his retirement after 8 seasons. Pretty unusual for a guy only 31 years old who was playing at a pro bowl level.
    He's had injuries throughout his career though. He's a very smart guy who attended Cornell. He studied labor relations there and eventually became President of NFLPA. Unlike a lot of guys, he's well prepared for a 2nd career after football.

Should this be in the "Former Packers no longer chasing the dream" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's had injuries throughout his career though. He's a very smart guy who attended Cornell. He studied labor relations there and eventually became President of NFLPA. Unlike a lot of guys, he's well prepared for a 2nd career after football.
    He did early, but started all 16 games 4 years straight in Cleveland.
    I'm of the opinion he was very competent as union president and ownership doesn't want him and his good decisions around anymore.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think the UAW and Teamsters could use a president who's not crooked...I think the rank-and-file would support Tretter. He seems to have done a good job for the Players Association. I always liked the guy and thought he was a good player. I wish him well.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He did early, but started all 16 games 4 years straight in Cleveland.
    I'm of the opinion he was very competent as union president and ownership doesn't want him and his good decisions around anymore.
    In 2021 Tretter came out for eliminating OTA's and minicamps. It seems that since then, more players are skipping OTA's. That's probably what got him blacklisted as a player. But he's not going away. He'll be union President for another year and a half. And who knows? He might push to be the guy negotiating the next CBA in 2031.