Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1422

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

The union made kind of a limp-wristed deal with the league last time around. I don't know how much the NFL wanted him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In 2021 Tretter came out for eliminating OTA's and minicamps. It seems that since then, more players are skipping OTA's. That's probably what got him blacklisted as a player. But he's not going away. He'll be union President for another year and a half. And who knows? He might push to be the guy negotiating the next CBA in 2031.
    He's said as much
    “I would argue I’m going to accomplish more in the next 18 months than I would have ever gotten close to playing football during that time,” Tretter said.
    as well as saying if his phone rings now, he'll say no.

Dude has a degree in Labour Relations from Cornell, so I'd hazard a guess that he knows what he's doing - as well as building a nice resume when that is done!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ty Summers picked up off the waiver wire by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Ty Summers picked up off the waiver wire by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
    Ford and Summers - two ships passing in the night.
    --

Kyler Fackrell with the raiders
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Now that Mike Maycock has demonstrated that draft "experts" are no more than fans who watch a lot of tape and get paid for it, it's harder to think this is a good move for the Raiders. That Alex Leatherwood pick was an all-time stinker. Not quite Tony Mandarich level, maybe, or maybe it is? Guess we'll see with da Bears now picking him up. And apparently also picking up a good part of his fat contract. BWAHAHAHA, da Bears!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Richard Rodgers has signed with Chargers practice squad.

Tim Boyle signs with Lions practice squad.

Tom Grossi

The Chicago Bears hosted former Packers QB Kurt Benkert for a workout, per source.

Sigh...
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-06-2022 at 02:53 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Richard Rodgers has signed with Chargers practice squad.

Tim Boyle signs with Lions practice squad.
    Are there any restrictions at all as to who is eligible for practice squads now?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Are there any restrictions at all as to who is eligible for practice squads now?
    No. Teams can have 6 players on PS no matter how long they have been in the NFL. The other 10 must have less than 2 accrued seasons.

I suppose it's a job, but I wonder if it'd be kind of humiliating to be a former star trying to hang on, and get stuck on a practice squad.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hyde out for year w/ neck injury

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Now that Mike Maycock has demonstrated that draft "experts" are no more than fans who watch a lot of tape and get paid for it, it's harder to think this is a good move for the Raiders. That Alex Leatherwood pick was an all-time stinker. Not quite Tony Mandarich level, maybe, or maybe it is? Guess we'll see with da Bears now picking him up. And apparently also picking up a good part of his fat contract. BWAHAHAHA, da Bears!
    Since Mandarich had a relatively decent career as a guard for the Colts, I'd say the Leatherwood pick was a total BUST.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Since Mandarich had a relatively decent career as a guard for the Colts, I'd say the Leatherwood pick was a total BUST.
    You may be right about that. Leatherwood has played 0 snaps so far this year. For the BEARS.
    If he doesn't show something his career could be over in less than 12 months.

Per PFF:
    The Raiders shopped Leatherwood this summer but were unable to find any buyers. He earned a 57.7 PFF grade this summer exclusively playing right tackle in the preseason. Last year, while playing right tackle and right guard, he earned a 45.5 PFF grade during the regular season and playoffs.

“The tape was so bad, man,” the scout said. “He’ll benefit from a fresh start and their scheme, but he’s got a ways to go.”
    I'd consider Mandarich a bust (but not a total bust) because while he did have a brief post-GB career, he busted out for GB given where he was drafted.
    Compare with AJ Hawk, taken 5th but played for GB for 9 years, missing 2 games during that time and racking up 900+ tackles and 19 sacks. Hawk wasn't a playmaker, but he was available and a lot better than many ILBs they've had since until recently.

So was Mike Neal ultimately blackballed for leading the steroid ring or what? I feel like there was never closure on that story ever since Elliot Wolf slipped up and said the Packers were moving on at the draft and no team signed him.

Ryquell Armstead, who spent time on Packers practice squad in 2021 is one of 6 players getting a tryout with the Packers. Packers have an open spot on their practice squad.

Ryquell Armstead, who spent time on Packers practice squad in 2021 is one of 6 players getting a tryout with the Packers. Packers have an open spot on their practice squad.
    It'd be good for him to stick so when he scores the Dagger TD, we can say the Packers gave the opponent the NyQuil.

Not pursuing the dream. Sorry I don't know how to embed the tweet. Shields says he wouldn't do it again. He sounds bad. I had a traumatic brain injury and it got much worse the last 6 years. I'm not nearly as bad as Sam sounds, but I am pretty much unable to do any work. At least I have no problem reading (the one thing that doesn't bother me). Post Concussion Syndrome is not worth the money: I can verify. And it can be completely debilitating and life threatening. Anyways, this is a link to the tweet. The whole interview is linked there.

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/sta...ets-nfl-career

edit: I do have some hope. I have three possible treatments (2 much less expensive than I thought). Main stream medicine has nothing.

Wrong thread.

blake martinez just retired in the middle of the season with the raiders

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    blake martinez just retired in the middle of the season with the raiders
    Right as he was about to be named starter too. That Raiders team has a case of the McDaniels.