Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1427

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jaylon looked like AJ Hawk syndrome. just too bulky in his stint with packers. i wonder if he slimmed down for NYG.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Jaylon looked like AJ Hawk syndrome. just too bulky in his stint with packers. i wonder if he slimmed down for NYG.
    His knee just cost him his athleticism. I remember criticizing the move when we claimed him. Maybe he has recovered enough to be adequate at this point, I wouldn't know. Had totally forgotten about him to be honest.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    His knee just cost him his athleticism. I remember criticizing the move when we claimed him. Maybe he has recovered enough to be adequate at this point, I wouldn't know. Had totally forgotten about him to be honest.
    Certainly but I think he recovered and was an effective player for a little bit there. He was a pro bowler in Dallas once, and tbh I'm surprised it wasn't more than that. Really stinks for him over all. What could have been.

He still came out pretty well though. He got a big contact with 35m guaranteed from Dallas after doing his entire rookie deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orle...%20hit%20of%20.

Jaylon Smith limping around at the NFL scouting combine and seeing all the guys basically crying for him is one of my least favorite memories around draft time. That knee injury cost him tens of millions of dollars.

Shemar Jean-Charles signed to 49ers Packer squad.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Shemar Jean-Charles signed to 49ers Packer squad.
    Now THAT should be interesting.

Interesting. I wonder what they saw that they liked. He didn't seem to show much here.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Steelers signing Tariq Carpenter to practice squad.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I don't post much in this thread. I just figure gone is gone. However, I read this article about a couple of Giants players being mad at Aaron Rodgers, and I was wondering why. It seems that in their preseason game last week, Randall Cobb of all people compltely laid out a Giants player with a beautiful (but judged to be illegal) blindside block. And the Giants thought Rodgers was laughing and joking around about that.

I'm not rooting for Rodgers at all beyond the 65% of course, or Cobb either, but hell yeah, I'd be cheering and laughing about that too.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Looks like the Danny Etling fan club has officially folded.
    For all the whining that he should be a part of our roster, he hasn’t seen a single look since we released him.

I hope the Steelers don’t turn Carpenter into a plus ILB. I thought GB liked him better than they apparently did.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Just saw that Oren Burks is with the '49ers, looks like he was with the last year as well. He's listed as their starting SAM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Wow. He was not an instinctive linebacker.

KYPack

That would surprise me, but he is definitely capable of contributing on Special Teams.

Blog Entries
    Tyler Goodson just caught on with Indy.

Good luck, Kid. I saw you do something once, but can't remember what it is

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Tyler Goodson just caught on with Indy.

Good luck, Kid. I saw you do something once, but can't remember what it is
    Haha. Pretty much.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I didn't see anything of Tonyan with the Bears Sunday. Is he hurt? Did he play? What?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I didn't see anything of Tonyan with the Bears Sunday. Is he hurt? Did he play? What?
    According to pro-football-reference, he played 4 offensive snaps with no targets, and 4 special teams snaps with one tackle. Not surprised you didn't notice him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I actually saw him once. Surprised since it was 4 plays.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Tonyan was on the injury list with a back injury, but both he and Big Dog got in for a few snaps. Neither did much. I think one of the Presidents (either Rudy Ford or K.Nixon) got the better of Tonyan when he tried blocking them. Cole Kmet is the clear TE1 for CHI, those guys are... IDK what. Old? Is Tonyan washed up already?

I did notice after the game while Jordan Love was being interviewed that Big Dog and Bahktiari were in the background talking and they had a photo taken together on the field. Another Packer came up and gave Lewis some love as well. I bet that dude could come back as an assistant TE coach if he wanted. Still a lot of respect for him. Well deserved.