Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1422

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Jace Sternberger is leading the USFL in TD's:
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...ng-touchdowns/
    Somehow I suspect this is more reflective of the talent level of the USFL than a jump in the abilities of Sternberger.
    I think he always had receiving talent. But he blocked like Mr. Rogers. Not sure how much he is asked to block in USFL.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think he always had receiving talent. But he blocked like Mr. Rogers. Not sure how much he is asked to block in USFL.
    Not much talent there either. He might have been ok at catching the ball, but he didn't get open often. Thankfully they finally learned that plodding, useless TE's are not worth drafting.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Jace Sternberger is leading the USFL in TD's:
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...ng-touchdowns/
    Somehow I suspect this is more reflective of the talent level of the USFL than a jump in the abilities of Sternberger.
    I don't think he was plodding - his 40 time was ok for a TE. He was a so-so athlete on the NFL level. Watch the clips - he's split out wide on most of the highlights, he's not inline like MLF probably wanted to use him. Also, the coverage is not great. It's definitely a step down from NFL pass coverage.

I think the struggles as a young TE in the NFL were real for him, and with some maturity and good USFL film he probably gets a shot to play in the NFL again... not in GB though. Good for him for having some success in the USFL at least.

Did I miss discussion of Adrian Amos signing with the Jets?

I guess Chuck Clark has an injury and Asst GM Rodgers suggested Joe Douglas give Amos a call.
    As for Smash, good dude and good player. His performance fell off last year and GB likely needed to move on.

Good luck to Amos in Florham Park.

Amari Rodgers waived by the Texans.

Last week, Jace Sternberger signed with the Bills.

Sounds like a "mutual decision" and Rodgers requested he be released in an attempt to catch on elsewhere. Texans added a bunch of WRs via FA and draft and he was on the bubble anyway.
    For being a darling of many scouts when he was drafted, he really hasn't panned out.

It's possible that the Packers mixed system and Aaron's 50 million hand signals screwed up Amari's development, but looking at the scouting report, Clemson manufactured ways to get him open and he couldn't beat college corners in man coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Did I miss discussion of Adrian Amos signing with the Jets?

I guess Chuck Clark has an injury and Asst GM Rodgers suggested Joe Douglas give Amos a call.
    As for Smash, good dude and good player. His performance fell off last year and GB likely needed to move on.

Good luck to Amos in Florham Park.
    Wow. That's four now - Cobb, Lazard, Billy Turner and now Amos. Boy, one more injury in that receiver room, and Jordy Nelson might start getting a little boner out there on his Kansas farm.

And since Guter often makes a surprise big-name cut during training camp, that's another body that might end up moving to Gotham City.

It's getting just a leetle creepy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wow. That's four now - Cobb, Lazard, Billy Turner and now Amos. Boy, one more injury in that receiver room, and Jordy Nelson might start getting a little boner out there on his Kansas farm.

And since Guter often makes a surprise big-name cut during training camp, that's another body that might end up moving to Gotham City.

It's getting just a leetle creepy.
    Tim Boyle, Malik Taylor, and Adam Pankey are also there. I’ll bet anyone my minimum-wage paycheck that Boyle wins the QB2 gig and Wilson quits futbol to work full time for Mormon Boyz.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Beloved by Packers fans, Cobb being healthy would have been met with celebration in Green Bay. New York is a different animal, though, and apparently he is presence on the team is not appreciated by many Jets fans.

Cobb has certainly had a long run of injury-plagued seasons. In fact, there have only been two seasons in his entire career in which he played a full season’s worth of games. After playing 15 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2019, Cobb has appeared in 10, 12, and 13 respectively in each of the following seasons.

After signing with the Jets, many Packers fans, while saddened by his departure, realized that he was tied to Rodgers.
    https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-news...s-news-rumors/

Cobb was better than expected last season, but I don't think he was "beloved", and I didn't see a lot of long faces when Cobb left.
    The writer thinks that Jets fans are much bigger assholes than Packer fans. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-news...s-news-rumors/

Cobb was better than expected last season, but I don't think he was "beloved", and I didn't see a lot of long faces when Cobb left.
    The writer thinks that Jets fans are much bigger assholes than Packer fans. I doubt it.
    'Beloved' is definitely overstating things. There was some hope that reuniting with Rodgers in 2021 would lead to a revival in his career, but I don't think any Packers fans are sad that he is gone. With no previous history, the Jets fans know he's just an old receiver taking a roster spot from someone who might develop into something good or be useful on special teams. He's only there to make Rodgers happy, and everyone knows it.

Jonathan Garvin was let go on his birthday. Maybe he and Amari will get camp invites to tryout for the JetPacks

JetPacks, that's a good one hahahaha - those things that don't go very far and often come crashing down. Yup, I could see that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    JetPacks, that's a good one hahahaha - those things that don't go very far and often come crashing down. Yup, I could see that.
    Yep, the JetPacks won the off-season, just like the Mets. I expect it will work out just as well.

I think Aaron left on way better terms than the drama w/ Brett. If there’s no conflict and they’re national games - I’ll prob watch a couple Jets games. We want AR to play 51% of the snaps and snag us a top 10 pick, right?

65% of the snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Tim Boyle, Malik Taylor, and Adam Pankey are also there. I’ll bet anyone my minimum-wage paycheck that Boyle wins the QB2 gig and Wilson quits futbol to work full time for Mormon Boyz.
    I would take that bet....not sure what I'm going to do with $83.17, but I'll figure it out.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would take that bet....not sure what I'm going to do with $83.17, but I'll figure it out.
    80 frogskins get you a year-long subscription to Mormon Boyz.

Don’t be a free-wanker like Tex. Pay for your aphrodisiacs. Free-wankers like Tex are the reason why, nowadays, whenever I want to watch Bretsky’s beloved Wisconsin Badgers play in the Brazzers Dot Com Bowl, I gotta shell out 25 frogskins to stream AND another 25 to download. Used to be, long before the free-wankers showed up, $9.95 was enough for both streaming and downloading.

And, as an aside, I used to be racist like Tony ODay. Then I discovered - and started paying - for this site called Dog Farts. Site made me see that it’s just humans doing what dolphins do - interacting with each other for purposes other than procreation. I ain’t see race anymore, hombre.

Beware, though, long-term addiction to the aphrodisiacs can - and do - make one dull. Upon being institutionalized, I wanted to be a writer. By fate, my roommate moved out of the dorm room we shared. Alone and with fast internet, I was able to expose myself to a tons of aphrodisiacs. I became addicted. Became dull. Couldn’t talk to chicks. Couldn’t write cool stuff. Switched major to accounting and economics, aiming to work for a major corporation upon release from the institution. Today, I remain addicted. Still dull. Still can’t talk to chicks. Oh, I work for a major corporation alright - just as a minimum-wage burger flipper instead of a six figures suit flipping the fat cats’ books.

Moral of the story: addiction to the aphrodisiacs ain’t no joke, hombre.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Half of me wants to google "mormon boyz" but then the logic center in my brain says "don't you fucking dare".
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

https://lombardiave.com/posts/packer...r-01h6ydnfjed5

One of the problems with the “what if?” articles like this is that the writers often seem to forget that it was the offense that was the problem in big games, not the defense. Detroit only scored twenty points last year in the finale.

But maybe the writers think JJ would’ve returned some fumbles for touchdowns or something.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack