Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1417

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

JJ Watt chased the money at the end of his career. I don’t blame him, but any discussion of him looking to win or compete for a SB is plain wrong. He signed with the Cardinals for god’s sake!

After playing for HOU, ARI probably looked like a SB contender. Go check out the 2021 roster, they were pretty talented. They won 11 games and got the 5th seed with Kliff Kingsbury at coach.
    Green Bay did not have the cap space to sign Watt to anything close to the deal he got in ARI. GB's special teams got them kicked out of the playoffs that year, not the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    After playing for HOU, ARI probably looked like a SB contender. Go check out the 2021 roster, they were pretty talented. They won 11 games and got the 5th seed with Kliff Kingsbury at coach.
    Green Bay did not have the cap space to sign Watt to anything close to the deal he got in ARI. GB's special teams got them kicked out of the playoffs that year, not the defense.
    Sure, the special teams pooped the bed, but when you have the HOF QB who's supposedly in the running for the GOAT, and you have Davante Adams, and you have Aaron Jones, then I'd say the offense that couldn't produce any points in the fourth quarter, and when you had the ball first with six minutes left and then again with two or so, and you couldn't produce even a field goal, I'd say that's on your HOF QB and the offense.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The year that JJ signed, AZ was coming off an 8-8 season. They did make the playoffs the next season and then fell apart winning 4 games in 2022.

JJ had 4 sacks in 2019, and then 5 sacks in the season heading into free agency, not exactly lighting it up.
    The 2021 AZ playoff year he was basically hurt the whole year with one sack. He did rebound in 2022 with 12.5 sacks in a season that didn’t matter.

AZ payed JJ $31M for a 2 year contract with $23M guaranteed. The Packers were never going to offer anywhere close to that for an injury prone player at the tail end of his career.
    For JJ, it was about the money playing on his last contract. For him to insinuate any other motive is pure poppycock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sure, the special teams pooped the bed, but when you have the HOF QB who's supposedly in the running for the GOAT, and you have Davante Adams, and you have Aaron Jones, then I'd say the offense that couldn't produce any points in the fourth quarter, and when you had the ball first with six minutes left and then again with two or so, and you couldn't produce even a field goal, I'd say that's on your HOF QB and the offense.
    That game and the TB game had me done with Rodgers to be honest. He didn't have "it" anymore. Maybe the fresh start will invigorate him, but even so, if the playoffs roll around and he decides that "shit, NY is cold too" then it won't matter.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The year that JJ signed, AZ was coming off an 8-8 season. They did make the playoffs the next season and then fell apart winning 4 games in 2022.

JJ had 4 sacks in 2019, and then 5 sacks in the season heading into free agency, not exactly lighting it up.
    The 2021 AZ playoff year he was basically hurt the whole year with one sack. He did rebound in 2022 with 12.5 sacks in a season that didn’t matter.

AZ payed JJ $31M for a 2 year contract with $23M guaranteed. The Packers were never going to offer anywhere close to that for an injury prone player at the tail end of his career.
    For JJ, it was about the money playing on his last contract. For him to insinuate any other motive is pure poppycock.
    Agreed. I don't mind that he took the cash, I just want him to be honest about it. If he really wanted to be a Packer it would have gotten done AND he would have made plenty of money.

I don't recall that it ever seemed realistic.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I don't recall that it ever seemed realistic.
    It wasn't. I'm not even sure why we're talking about Watt, he was never a 'former Packer', and only the dream he's pursuing is a happy retirement.

Wirh Alvin Kamara's suspension, Jamaal Williams will be the Saints' starting RB against the Packers at Lambeau on September 24.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    Wirh Alvin Kamara's suspension, Jamaal Williams will be the Saints' starting RB against the Packers at Lambeau on September 24.
    Wasn’t the Dancing Black Bear (Williams) instrumental in knocking the Packers out of the playoffs in week 18 last season?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

One of many Lions who were. But he ain't in Detroit no more.

KYPack

One of many Lions who were. But he ain't in Detroit no more.
    Jamaal broke a Barry Sanders record and was dependable if not dynamic. Swift was the opposite and they got rid of him.
    I think Gibbs and Montgomery are a nice one-two punch, but Williams was a gritty, heart-and-soul-of-the-team type of guy that they will miss more than some might think. Detroit has (finally) amassed some very good talent, but they have a lot of potential landmines this year.

Even without Kamara, NO can get by with Jamaal at RB for a few games. He won't cause GB's defense the same kind of problems in the passing game, but GB defense has given up an average of around 4.7 ypc over the last 4-5 years, so he might be able to run all day on them.

I was looking for the upvote button then remembered I was not on reddit!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jaylon Smith visiting New Orleans. For those who don't remember his time with the Pack:
    On October 7, 2021, Smith signed with the Green Bay Packers.[51] On November 2, 2021, Smith was released.[52] He appeared in two games, collecting one tackle in 27 defensive snaps.
    He was no Taco Wallace, but he was there, dammit!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

IIRC Jaylon Smith played for the NYG and helped them beat GB in London.
    For a guy who got his knee absolutely wrecked and all the nerve damage concerns, he's had a decent career. Good for him.

IIRC Jaylon Smith played for the NYG and helped them beat GB in London.
    For a guy who got his knee absolutely wrecked and all the nerve damage concerns, he's had a decent career. Good for him.
    I thought he looked absolutely finished when he had his stint with the Packers. Seemed he couldn't change direction at all. Started 11 games for Giants last year though. Was a fantastic player at Notre Dame before that injury. Probably would been a top 5 pick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jaylon looked like AJ Hawk syndrome. just too bulky in his stint with packers. i wonder if he slimmed down for NYG.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Jaylon looked like AJ Hawk syndrome. just too bulky in his stint with packers. i wonder if he slimmed down for NYG.
    His knee just cost him his athleticism. I remember criticizing the move when we claimed him. Maybe he has recovered enough to be adequate at this point, I wouldn't know. Had totally forgotten about him to be honest.

Jaylon Smith limping around at the NFL scouting combine and seeing all the guys basically crying for him is one of my least favorite memories around draft time. That knee injury cost him tens of millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    His knee just cost him his athleticism. I remember criticizing the move when we claimed him. Maybe he has recovered enough to be adequate at this point, I wouldn't know. Had totally forgotten about him to be honest.
    Certainly but I think he recovered and was an effective player for a little bit there. He was a pro bowler in Dallas once, and tbh I'm surprised it wasn't more than that. Really stinks for him over all. What could have been.

He still came out pretty well though. He got a big contact with 35m guaranteed from Dallas after doing his entire rookie deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orle...%20hit%20of%20.