Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1417

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Haha!!! It’ll be interesting. I’m rooting for the hippy tho!
    I'm not. I want the Jets to suck to the point he doesn't bother coming back. I want that second to be near the top of the round.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I don't think Rodgers will play, the NYJ are out of the playoffs and why risk rushing your QB onto the field?
    They are begging Zach Wilson to start and he's not having it after getting the hook and being demoted to QB3 behind Boyle and Simian. NYJ are a mess.

It was floated by someone (Rapaport?) that they might let Rodgers dress and be the emergency QB3 just for the fans and team -- and for Rodgers to thumb his nose at naysayers and SCIENCE! - but without any real intention of letting him play. The dude is 39 or so, let him heal completely and be ready for 2024.

I have to think this is the end of Zach Wilson in NY, and the Jets will spend a draft pick on a QB to develop but who will likely flame out (looking at you Bo Nix). Is Wilson worth rehabbing as a backup? I feel like that OL did him no favors, but he also has some terrible habits that need to be coached out of him. (Many players do)

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I don't think Rodgers will play, the NYJ are out of the playoffs and why risk rushing your QB onto the field?
    They are begging Zach Wilson to start and he's not having it after getting the hook and being demoted to QB3 behind Boyle and Simian. NYJ are a mess.

It was floated by someone (Rapaport?) that they might let Rodgers dress and be the emergency QB3 just for the fans and team -- and for Rodgers to thumb his nose at naysayers and SCIENCE! - but without any real intention of letting him play. The dude is 39 or so, let him heal completely and be ready for 2024.

I have to think this is the end of Zach Wilson in NY, and the Jets will spend a draft pick on a QB to develop but who will likely flame out (looking at you Bo Nix). Is Wilson worth rehabbing as a backup? I feel like that OL did him no favors, but he also has some terrible habits that need to be coached out of him. (Many players do)
    Wouldn't it be great if the Jest used their first-round pick on a QB instead of someone who could help Rodgers immediately next year?

That would be so cool.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if the Jest used their first-round pick on a QB instead of someone who could help Rodgers immediately next year?

That would be so cool.
    Even better would be Packers then taking a WR in the 1st round.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

That would be so cool.
    It would be hilarious, and also quite possible. They don't exactly have a succession plan, unless they can mend fences and figure out how to develop Zach Wilson. Rodgers will be 40.

I doubt GB picks a WR early unless Marvin is suspected of criminal ick and falls to GB. (They wouldn't take hin in that case, not packer people). They have a lot of young receivers and Toure/Dubose are under contract still.
    Would be super hilarious though.

That would be so cool.
    Hahahahahaha
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I just read that Mason Crosby is signing with the Rams practice squad.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I just read that Mason Crosby is signing with the Rams practice squad.
    He will be moved to the active roster in a few days.

The Pats waived Ty Montgomery for letting a punt get blocked.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

MVS has only eighteen catches for KC this year.

Tonyan had a catch or two for da Bears today.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I guess the Jets let Zach Wilson know leading into the game that they’re gonna trade him next year.

Coaches usually like the hype their guy up, tell him they believe in him and have confidence in him. Some sort of psychology brain shrinking thing where guys play better when they have confidence feel appreciated. The Jets are trying something a little different here, and while it may not be quite as effective as the old tried and true confidence building, it is much more hilarious and true to their seasons clown identity.

Blog Entries
    Cobb scored his first TD for the Jesters today

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Cobb scored his first TD for the Jesters today
    Did he throw it to himself?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I guess the Jets let Zach Wilson know leading into the game that they’re gonna trade him next year.

Coaches usually like the hype their guy up, tell him they believe in him and have confidence in him. Some sort of psychology brain shrinking thing where guys play better when they have confidence feel appreciated. The Jets are trying something a little different here, and while it may not be quite as effective as the old tried and true confidence building, it is much more hilarious and true to their seasons clown identity.
    Not Bobby Knight. He'd be telling Wilson what a POS he is.

Apparently whatever they told Wilson worked. Thirty points? Wow.

KYPack

Wilson had a decent game, IIRC he threw for over 300 yards. There are usually 2-3 upsets (however mild) and I'd say the Jets beating the Texans was one of them.
    Wilson certainly has talent, the question is whether NYJ ruined him between the ears.

Was surprised to see Cobb catch that TD. I suppose for all the money you put into signing all these ex-Packers you might as well see what you can get from them. Cobb hasn't played much so he was healthy, which gives him an advantage at this time of the season.

All those contracts and salary cap Lazard, Turner, Cobb and even Amos took up sure feels like a very big overpay.
    Tonyan has 7 catches for 58 yards on the year, Tonyan didn't have any catches yesterday but Cole Kmet (#85) did. Tonyan is #18.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Tonyan has 7 catches for 58 yards on the year, Tonyan didn't have any catches yesterday but Cole Kmet (#85) did. Tonyan is #18.
    I saw ole Mercedes Lewis catch a rock in that game. Dude appears slower than a sloth nowadays. Can still block, though.

Let’s draft a J-Mike clone in the 3rd in ‘24! The TE room is too white.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I guess letting him know they don’t like him or want him around was exactly the type of motivation he needed. He went with the fuck it mindset and just chucked it around.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Former Packers’ kicker Mason Crosby signed with the Giants to replace Cade York, who is now the third Giants kicker this season to go on injured reserve. York, who was scheduled to make his Giants debut Monday in Philadelphia, injured his quad in practice Thursday.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Mason will be solid from forty yards and under.

Boy, the use of the field goal, and the competence of kickers, seems to have changed. Fifteen or so years ago, kickers were pretty much expected to nail kicks 50 yards and under. Now, if it's 45 yards or more, it's seen as some huge risk and a doubtful possibility. There are still some of those big-leg/good accuracy kickers out there - the Iggles guy from U of M is awesome (a third-round kicker worth the pick), and the Cowboys have a very good kicker. But these days, as you watch games on TV, announcers hem and haw about kickers - even in decent weather - being able to make 45 yarders. They talk as if it's some huge thing.

I'm okay with Carlson this year, but I do worry - and not really about the accuracy. You can learn and grow there. But I've seen the Packers pass on 50 yard FG's, and it seems to me it may be in part because he doesn't have a big leg. Am I wrong about that?

KYPack

Crosby hit a 52 yard FG for the Giants, his first FG attempt of the season.