Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1417

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

I'm okay with Carlson this year, but I do worry - and not really about the accuracy. You can learn and grow there. But I've seen the Packers pass on 50 yard FG's, and it seems to me it may be in part because he doesn't have a big leg. Am I wrong about that?
    I think Carlson's leg is fine... it's just inconsistent. There have been a few games where he's looking at a 50+ yarder and MLF decides no, I suspect that's due to field and weather conditions, as well as how Anders looks in warm-ups. BIG difference between kicking a 50 yarder with the wind vs. into the wind.
    He should improve his consistency with time, effort, and good coaching. Some K never manage to do it and bounce around the league...but you need to find a good kicker, more than you might think. Those XP and FG matter in close games and the playoffs.

For a rookie, he's been pretty good, though certainly not in Jake Moody territory.

His body language is not encouraging, though. He appears to be not very confident.

I'm surprised, with sites all needing content, there haven't been a few articles focusing on him this season, with an interview or something. They did a few articles before the season about him having a brother who's an NFL kicker, but nothing since then, really. I'd like to read about what kind of person he is, and maybe an analysis of what can be done to improve - does he need a kick shrink? Just experience? What does Bisaccia think?

Same with the punter. I think we got a couple of Irish Rugby Player Turns Punter articles early on, but how's he aquitting himself as the weather turns cold? How's he doing as a holder? What's he need to work on?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
    The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
    I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.

I'm not sad Rodgers was traded. Dude will not shut up about wanting to go on IR, Covid and all his other weird shit. Total attention whore. Kirk Cousins blew out his Achilles and he's not spouting weird shit on McAfee.
    Look at me throwing the ball on the sideline. Look at me with a headset on, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. Look at poor me, persecuted for believing in aliens and contrails. Poor me I have millions and live in Malibu but my cell reception sucks.

Shut up already. You might be a great QB, but you're also a total douche.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I'm not sad Rodgers was traded. Dude will not shut up about wanting to go on IR, Covid and all his other weird shit. Total attention whore. Kirk Cousins blew out his Achilles and he's not spouting weird shit on McAfee.
    Look at me throwing the ball on the sideline. Look at me with a headset on, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. Look at poor me, persecuted for believing in aliens and contrails. Poor me I have millions and live in Malibu but my cell reception sucks.

Douche Touche HAHA

I feel like you are letting your politics influence your opinion on Rodgers. Favre was a bigger douche. The main reason you see all his crap and not cousins is because he was the story of the offseason. He is also a recent MVP. The look at me is media driven as much as its rodgers driven. Just like the LeBron "I'm heading to Longbeach" thing. He got massive criticism for that, when it was ESPN and the media that made it an event. Rodgers the Jet was going to try to make a heroic comeback. It was a major story. One I don't care about therefore it didn't bother me that they made it a plotline. Rodgers the GM annoyed me, but honestly, Rodgers the Jet isn't in my head because....he is a jet.

Edit: Since I watch more chefs games I'm much more annoyed by Taylor Swift to be honest.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Fair enough. And yeah, I've not caught many KC games, but the Taylor Swift coverage to me is... annoying. I usually don't care who is in the luxury boxes on a televised game.

From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
    The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
    I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.
    What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.
    He is a lot like the other teams punters. I don't see him enough to have a solid opinion. Ok, not quite true, but its nice to note that we are winning games without seeing opposing punters.

I think Whelan has been "solid". Not special. He will be fine, but we might look to replace him next year if he doesn't show growth. His leg is huge though, and in certain scenarios that is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Your last sentence is the most important thing. As a punter he's not statistically very good, but I don't care much. Main thing he has to work on is fewer touchbacks.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think you bring camp competition in at both K and P next year. Carlson and Whelan are ok, but the missed XPs and inconsistency are a concern. Whelan has been pretty good as a holder from what I can tell, and his punts in general have been neither rockets nor horrible. He might get a little better. I think both have pretty strong legs, it's a matter of working to improve at their craft. Consistency is the thing for them now.

Like I said, if I were Gute I'd bring in competition to push them though.

Mason Crosby missed a 54 yarder for NYG that would've been the game winner against the LAR.
    Didn't look like it had the distance. That can happen with 39 year old kickers.

Would have been a help to GB if he'd have made it.

Montravius Adams collided with T.J. Watt, causing an MCL sprain.
    Tyler Goodson dropped a pass ending the Colts season.
    Hope the former Packers on the Bears have similar success tomorrow.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Allen Lazard is a healthy scratch today. He played 14 games for the NYJ, caught 23 passes, and made 12 million dollars.
    I know the Jets offense is trash because of their OL and rotation of QBs, but I think it's fair to say letting him walk was a good choice.

He's got 10M guaranteed next year also. Yikes.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Defying their coach’s order, the Sinners fed former Pack great, Jamal Williams, the rock out of the fucking victory formation. Williams scored his only TD this season on that pitiful play.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I wonder what kind of compensation pick the Packers will get. I think the formula used to be based on salary and performance, but that a couple of years ago they made the performance piece less applicable. But I don't know.

KYPack

Ironic gold
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...sh-bs-win-2024
    Aaron Rodgers offers a candid take on what the #Jets need to do to turn it around: "Flush the bullshit" -- meaning eliminate everything that is not directly involved in winning.
    Pretty sure that's what GB did this past Spring.

I'm curious what demons the NYJ exorcised, maybe Zach Wilson? Personally, I am 100% not sad Packers coverage no longer contains everything this nutcase says on McAfee.

Allen Lazard is a healthy scratch today. He played 14 games for the NYJ, caught 23 passes, and made 12 million dollars.
    I know the Jets offense is trash because of their OL and rotation of QBs, but I think it's fair to say letting him walk was a good choice.

He's got 10M guaranteed next year also. Yikes.
    And he trashed Gutes for not offering him a big contract. Gutes is looking smarter each passing week.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And he trashed Gutes for not offering him a big contract. Gutes is looking smarter each passing week.
    Meanwhile, in 5 games, Bo Melton has 16 catches for 216 yards, for the low low price (for the NFL) of $915K.

Ironic gold
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...sh-bs-win-2024

Pretty sure that's what GB did this past Spring.

I'm curious what demons the NYJ exorcised, maybe Zach Wilson? Personally, I am 100% not sad Packers coverage no longer contains everything this nutcase says on McAfee.
    So . . . I'm trying to work out your phrasing. You're NOT sad that the coverage does NOT contain everything that Rodgers says, is what I think you wrote. So you're happy not to be reading everything he pronounces upon, right?

I find it much more entertaining and satisfying to read what he says now that he's part of another organization.

As Bobble said, Guter is looking smarter and smarter as this plays out.

Especially in the last seven or eight weeks.

Last year's draft class, IF those players continue to grow and develop, will go down as an all-time best for the Packer organization, a once-in-a-lifetime draft.

Now my dream is that the Packers deal Bakhtiari to the Jest for a fourth-rounder or something.

KYPack