Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Thornton's motor was not supposed to be his issue coming out. I just don't think he can play. Doesn't matter if he was a third rounder or a 5th rounder. He made a play here or there, but I'm surprised he was picked up by a 3-4 squad...
    Based on their depth chart, NE isn't a 3-4 team anymore. http://www.patriots.com/schedule-and-stats/depth-chart

Desmond Bishop released by 49ers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Desmond Bishop released by 49ers.
    That can't be a good sign for his career status.

Dude made some big plays during the Super Bowl run.

Blog Entries
    It's funny how some guys are good to see cut, as in, good always hated that sumbitch.

Other players, you are sad to see 'em down on their luck.

Bishop is the latter, he always gave good effort, he just can't run anymore,

WR Adrian Coxson is retiring after suffering severe concussion August 1.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/325432381.html

Coxson, who played college football at Stony Brook, dropped out of practice on Aug. 1 after experiencing dizziness. He was taken to a hospital, and further tests the following day led to the diagnosis of a concussion.

He still experiences headaches and a general foggy feeling more than a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    WR Adrian Coxson is retiring after suffering severe concussion August 1.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/325432381.html

Coxson, who played college football at Stony Brook, dropped out of practice on Aug. 1 after experiencing dizziness. He was taken to a hospital, and further tests the following day led to the diagnosis of a concussion.

He still experiences headaches and a general foggy feeling more than a month later.
    I hope for the best for him. I do think its odd that a camp body that practices for one week is now labeled a Packer (for life) in every article I read.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Bishop is the latter, he always gave good effort, he just can't run anymore,
    way too beat up. Has no legs.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    way too beat up. Has no legs.

Yeah, but he won't let go when you are about to get sucked into the vacuum of space.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

On the street again: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...326166451.html

Running back Rajion Neal, who was signed to the Miami Dolphins' practice squad after being released by the Packers, saw his second chance come to halt Wednesday. The Dolphins cut Neal and signed former New England tailback Jonas Gray in his place.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Danny Lansanah had a decent 2014 for the Bucs and could have an even better 2015.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 22m22 minutes ago
    With health questions at QB this week, Browns signed former Packers QB Matt Blanchard to their practice squad.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    With health questions at QB this week, Browns signed former Packers QB Matt Blanchard to their practice squad.
    Guaranteed he will be starting week 16.

Fail for Cardale!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jake Stoneburner, on Miami's PS, now signed to regular roster.

Dujuan Harris signed to Saints PS. Hard to believe he still has PS eligibility, but he does.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Man, he used to be a QB with potential. Too bad he's already at the NFL's elephant graveyard.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blackmon continues to be gainfully employed despite being cut by two thirds of the NFL teams over the course of his career:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...henacho-on-ir/
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Looks like the dream ends for Will Blackmon. Cut by Seattle.
    The guy is a survivor. He has been in the league for 8 of the last 9 years and has a Super Bowl ring. He could show up somewhere again this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Blackmon continues to be gainfully employed despite being cut by two thirds of the NFL teams over the course of his career:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...henacho-on-ir/
    I'm not surprised. Reminds me of an OL the Packers had as a backup a few years ago. His name eludes me right now. But as I recall, he was in his 11th or 12th season having played for almost as many teams. He had started only a handful of games in his career. But he had a well paying job for a dozen years.

I'm not surprised. Reminds me of an OL the Packers had as a backup a few years ago. His name eludes me right now. But as I recall, he was in his 11th or 12th season having played for almost as many teams. He had started only a handful of games in his career. But he had a well paying job for a dozen years.
    This could be referring to Allen Barbre, Breno Giacominni, or perhaps (most specifically) Jamon Meredith.

This could be referring to Allen Barbre, Breno Giacominni, or perhaps (most specifically) Jamon Meredith.
    For some reason, the name that immediately came to mind for me was Grey Ruegamer (I had to look up the last name). The most notable thing I remember about him is Favre's comment about how he had to get used to how much the guy sweated, soaking the ball!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

None of those. They were all Packer draft picks. The guy I'm thinking of was signed very late in his career as an injury replacement. I know Meredith came back for a few weeks, but he is still young.

None of those. They were all Packer draft picks. The guy I'm thinking of was signed very late in his career as an injury replacement. I know Meredith came back for a few weeks, but he is still young.
    Grey Ruegamer? He played 2000-2008 and had 17 career starts, 11 of those with the Packers in 2004. He only played for 3 different teams though. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...R/RuegGr20.htm