Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1417

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And he trashed Gutes for not offering him a big contract. Gutes is looking smarter each passing week.

anybody who thought the Lizard was a #2/#3 WR in the NFL should watch his routes last year and compare them with Reed/Wicks/.

Lizard is a great guy; he's a nice guy...who should be making about minimum wage (WHICH IS A LOT OF CHING) in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So . . . I'm trying to work out your phrasing. You're NOT sad that the coverage does NOT contain everything that Rodgers says, is what I think you wrote. So you're happy not to be reading everything he pronounces upon, right?

I find it much more entertaining and satisfying to read what he says now that he's part of another organization.

As Bobble said, Guter is looking smarter and smarter as this plays out.

Especially in the last seven or eight weeks.

Last year's draft class, IF those players continue to grow and develop, will go down as an all-time best for the Packer organization, a once-in-a-lifetime draft.

Now my dream is that the Packers deal Bakhtiari to the Jest for a fourth-rounder or something.
    Yup. Rodgers is a great thrower of the football but otherwise a douchey dipshit. I'm glad Packers don't have that distraction in the locker room or in the press. I'd rather read about how the team is playing.
    Reading about it with a perspective that it's a different organization - and one in a major media area - is kind of funny, and provides cringey entertainment.

Gute took a very big gamble on Jordan Love, and if it didn't pan out we'd be talking about QBs in the draft, possibly with a new GM and HC. His '22 and '23 drafts are looking very promising as well. He likely bought himself a few more years with the team.
    For a while I thought MLF might land on the hot seat, especially when this team was looking at potentially dropping SD, KC, etc. and being 3-9, but he's done pretty good work figuring out what some of these guys can do and getting them to do it. Not many coaches survive 2 losing seasons, he doesn't have that problem either. What will be a problem are expectations for next year. People are going to expect this team to win 11 games and that's no gimme. They still have some cap, roster and coaching issues to sort out... and they won't sneak up on anyone next year. Should be exciting though.

Blog Entries
    With the firing of Belichik in NE, the Pats need a new coach and a GM. They've decided (supposedly) to go with no GM and split the duties btw two front office types. One of those guys is former Packer FO type Eliot Wolf, son of Ron.

I wonder what kind of compensation pick the Packers will get. I think the formula used to be based on salary and performance, but that a couple of years ago they made the performance piece less applicable. But I don't know.
    5th rounder... allegedly. We'll see.

R5 sounds about right for Lazard.
    I figured his ceiling was a WR2 at best but WR3 most likely. I lost no sleep when he left GB for NYJ, but even I admit to overvaluing him on the GB roster.
    Yes, Rodgers was saying he was a WR1 to start last year, but that was bonkers. Lazard isn't a separator, he's not speedy, he's big and smart and if you scheme him open or the defense sleeps on him, he gets results.

He's not worth 10-11M a year though. What he does has value, but you can find players that do what he does for much less. Malik Heath can do a lot of the same things as a UDFA, which tells me I overvalued Lazard as a Packer. He's really more like a solid WR4 who you bring in on 4 or 5 wide sets or to block or play ST.

Seeing how MLF has adapted his offense this year to work Reed in is a welcome change. They've needed players who are more dynamic with the ball in their hands for a few years.

Former Packers playing or coaching in Super Bowl:

49ers: LB Oren Burks
    LS Taybor Pepper
    LB coach Johnny Holland

Chiefs: WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    DL Mike Pennel
    Head coach Andy Reid
    OLB coach Ken Flajole
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Never should have let Pennel go. He is a load inside. He carved out a nice little career for himself.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The New York Jets have made wide receiver Allen Lazard available in trade talks this offseason, according to The Athletic. However, a major hurdle for the Jets in getting any sort of potential deal done will be Lazard's contract.

Lazard is only entering Year 2 of an original four-year $44 million deal that he signed with the Jets last offseason.
    Did the Jets consult AR about this???

Maybe when they made this decision, Joe Douglas said "Hey Aaron, you mind just, uh, letting Allen know we've decided to move on from him? It'll come off better, coming from you."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Nobody is giving up anything to inherit a terrible contract for Lazard.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Nobody is giving up anything to inherit a terrible contract for Lazard.
    Agree. Why would they?
    He's 28, had a 46.9 catch percentage and a career-low 22.2 receiving yards per game last year, and made more money than GB's WR's combined. Half of his $44M contract is guaranteed.

How much does he have left in the tank? Is he anything more than a good WR3 or WR4? Assuming Rodgers doesn't skip football to play VP candidate, he should have a modest bounceback season, but I don't think you're getting more than 40 catches from him.

I doubt NYJ can trade him. They probably convert some of his salary to bonus, cut him after the season and eat the dead cap. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree. Why would they?
    He's 28, had a 46.9 catch percentage and a career-low 22.2 receiving yards per game last year, and made more money than GB's WR's combined. Half of his $44M contract is guaranteed.

How much does he have left in the tank? Is he anything more than a good WR3 or WR4? Assuming Rodgers doesn't skip football to play VP candidate, he should have a modest bounceback season, but I don't think you're getting more than 40 catches from him.

I doubt NYJ can trade him. They probably convert some of his salary to bonus, cut him after the season and eat the dead cap. Yuck.
    Maybe the, uh, Bears.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Maybe the, uh, Bears.
    Even the Bears aren't that stupid, or are they?

Maybe the, uh, Bears.
    Why? They have Tyson Bagent.

Patrick Taylor signing with 49ers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    anybody who thought the Lizard was a #2/#3 WR in the NFL should watch his routes last year and compare them with Reed/Wicks/.

Lizard is a great guy; he's a nice guy...who should be making about minimum wage (WHICH IS A LOT OF CHING) in the NFL

At this point I think the JETS agree with this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I am glad Lizard got paid what HE thought he was worth. I am glad he proved he is clueless about his worth and gutes was spot on.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Patrick Taylor signing with 49ers.
    They are going to need him. In my opinion the 49ers are trending towards a Super Bowl hangover. McCaffrey has taken a pounding the last two seasons with them so he’s probably due for a little downtime.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I am glad Lizard got paid what HE thought he was worth. I am glad he proved he is clueless about his worth and gutes was spot on.
    Was it really that hard to see? We all knew and he only got to stay cuz of 12.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Was it really that hard to see? We all knew and he only got to stay cuz of 12.
    Just goes to my post in the other thread. Players feel butt hurt all the time. Its part of the business. If every player retires a packer and is happy with every move they made regarding said player then we would probably average 6 wins a season.