Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 1,401 to 1,417 of 1417

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    They are going to need him. In my opinion the 49ers are trending towards a Super Bowl hangover. McCaffrey has taken a pounding the last two seasons with them so he’s probably due for a little downtime.
    This.

Eagles will bounce back this season, but the door is open for the Pack to walk through it.

The Falcons have signed Kevin King. He last played in 2021.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Signed him to do what? Be a scout?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Man I hate King. The guy is a dwarf, tackle him if he gets by you Kevin, ya dolt!

DC's love a tall corner that can run. they are usually fool's gold.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Man I hate King. The guy is a dwarf, tackle him if he gets by you Kevin, ya dolt!

DC's love a tall corner that can run. they are usually fool's gold.
    As the official Packerrats Packers historian, I must remind y’all that the Polar Bear coulda drafted Wisconsin’s own, TJ “White As the Snow of Greenland” Watt.

Instead, Polar Bear opted to trade out of the 1st round. Then he leaked rumors about the Packers using the 1st pick of the 2nd round on QB Deshone Kizer in hope of getting a trade offer for the pick. No fish bite, so the Polar Bear went with the injury prone King.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I read the article in ACME on King's signing. Apparently he intended to sit out the 2022 just to recover from all his injuries, then come back in 2023. But then . . . "In 2023, his planned return to the game, King tore his Achilles during a workout, leading to him missing the entire season for a second straight year."

I don't want to laugh at someone's misery, but that is kinda funny. The injury-prone guy takes a year off to recover from all his injuries, and then, during a workout on his way to a comeback, he . . . . gets injured.

Will he even get through two practices?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    As the official Packerrats Packers historian, I must remind y’all that the Polar Bear coulda drafted Wisconsin’s own, TJ “White As the Snow of Greenland” Watt.

Instead, Polar Bear opted to trade out of the 1st round. Then he leaked rumors about the Packers using the 1st pick of the 2nd round on QB Deshone Kizer in hope of getting a trade offer for the pick. No fish bite, so the Polar Bear went with the injury prone King.
    For a historian, your memory is crap. Watt was much more of a medical risk coming out of college than King was. King played all four years. missing only a few games to injury over the four years. Watt injured both knees during his college career losing one entire season because of the first and being limited another whole season because of the second. Watt really had only one season to be judged on. At the time of the draft, many had concerns about his medical history.

It's really easy to criticize retrospectively, when you have years and years of their pro careers to color your arguments. As the official Packerrats historian you should be more respectful of the historical truth and more accurate in how you relay it....or relinquish your position.

Blog Entries
    Tank is the Self Proclaimed PR historian. The official PR historian and all round fact checker is, was, and always will be Patler.

Tank's official title is village idiot and bullshit artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    For a historian, your memory is crap. Watt was much more of a medical risk coming out of college than King was. King played all four years. missing only a few games to injury over the four years. Watt injured both knees during his college career losing one entire season because of the first and being limited another whole season because of the second. Watt really had only one season to be judged on. At the time of the draft, many had concerns about his medical history.

It's really easy to criticize retrospectively, when you have years and years of their pro careers to color your arguments. As the official Packerrats historian you should be more respectful of the historical truth and more accurate in how you relay it....or relinquish your position.
    Packers historian - not Badgers historian. I ain’t watch college futbol since 2008. Though, I must note, why John Stocco never played in the NFL but Brooks Fucking Bollinger did is beyond fucked. Stocco was awesome in red.

Anything prehistoric, from the Packers origin to 1991, I am more than happy to yield to you. The “Realms,” however, is my thing. First Realm started when Wolf traded a 1st to Atlanta for some hillbilly backup QB from Mississippi…

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I read the article in ACME on King's signing. Apparently he intended to sit out the 2022 just to recover from all his injuries, then come back in 2023. But then . . . "In 2023, his planned return to the game, King tore his Achilles during a workout, leading to him missing the entire season for a second straight year."

I don't want to laugh at someone's misery, but that is kinda funny. The injury-prone guy takes a year off to recover from all his injuries, and then, during a workout on his way to a comeback, he . . . . gets injured.

Will he even get through two practices?
    Good question.

Blog Entries

This is from the timeframe of the "realm" You made up the part about TT dangling the pick for potential trade. You lie to further your anti TT narrative. You are the village idiot, not the PR historian.

. The “Realms,” however, is my thing….
    Supposed the be “the Realms ARE my thing,” right Fritz?

While we’re chatting grammar, why do southerners say you “was” instead of you “were”?
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 04-10-2024 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Flipping burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This is from the timeframe of the "realm" You made up the part about TT dangling the pick for potential trade. You lie to further your anti TT narrative. You are the village idiot, not the PR historian.
    It’s the off-season, so Harrell the poster is busy falling in love, but if you ask him to take the time to check his Twitter archive, he’ll tell you that Twitter was buzzing at that time about the Packers taking Kizer. It’s only logical for the Packers to leak the rumor, with the aim of starting a bidding war for the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

...Twitter was buzzing at that time about the Packers taking Kizer. It’s only logical for the Packers to leak the rumor, with the aim of starting a bidding war for the 1st pick of the 2nd round.
    No, it is not logical to make that assumption. It is more likely that the buzz simply grew from some fan or would be draft guru coming up with a goofy prediction.

No, it is not logical to make that assumption. It is more likely that the buzz simply grew from some fan or would be draft guru coming up with a goofy prediction.
    Ian Rapaport ain’t some fan or would-be draft guru. Dude has deep sources within the NFL. Odds were, the Packers “leaked” their interest in Kizer to Rapaport. Even said they received trade offers from multiple teams.

Given how much Thomson loved draft picks, it was obvious as fuck that his bluff got called. Thompson couldn’t find a trade partner and settled for King.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 04-10-2024 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Learning Portuguese.

I think the moral of this story is, draft Payton Wilson because injuries in college aren't necessarily indicative of injuries in the pros.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Supposed the be “the Realms ARE my thing,” right Fritz?

While we’re chatting grammar, why do southerners say you “was” instead of you “were”?
    If the realms are a single category than the realms is my thing would be correct. Sort of like the NFL is my thing even though there are 31 teams and the bears.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.