Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M.M.M.D 1.0

Rat Starter
    Btw, Joyner will run 4.3 at the combine. You read it here first.

Check out the breakaway speed.

Blog Entries
    TT already has a bias for bigger safeties. And in a division where we have Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffries...all giants....I'd be shocked if TT considered Joyner
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Nothing on the DL!? Do you feel comfortable at WR and TE?
    There's some depth at the end positions in Datone Jones, Worthy, Neal, Daniels and maybe Jolly. As for defensive tackles, the Packers might as well play offensive linemen there. Raji, Pickett and the other DTs had problems eating offensive linemen last season, although it should be noted that Hawk and Brad Jones sucked.

Enough with fat guys!

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    TT already has a bias for bigger safeties. And in a division where we have Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffries...all giants....I'd be shocked if TT considered Joyner
    Sure, Ron Wolf is long retired, but "midgetry," the hatred or intolerance of short people, is still alive in some places. DuJuan Harris' signing may have opened up Thompson's mind a bit.

Seriously, some of the finest safeties in the NFL in the past decade are/were under 6'. Collins, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Earl Thomas.

Thompson needs to think outside the box. Joyner will be an awesome NFL FS, APRH. The guy can cover. The same can't be said about a lot of the fraudulent safeties in the league today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Joyner is the complete safety. Can cover very well. Can blitz very well. Not afraid to hit. Excellent special teams player. Plus, dude's the only safety in this draft class that can outrun Kaepernick.

Check this out:
    Jesus he's small.

Not liking a lot of what I see there. Too many 'guided missile' hits, and since there isn't tackle practice in the NFL will he ever learn to tackle properly? The Bob Sanders comparison might be apt, but how long did he last in the NFL, and how many of those seasons did he play all of?

Damn, he is fast and can jump though. Shit you can't teach. Maybe it's enough, although I really don't see him as a first rounder.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Not liking a lot of what I see there. Too many 'guided missile' hits, and since there isn't tackle practice in the NFL will he ever learn to tackle properly?
    My thoughts exactly. A shorter, faster Atari Bigby.

Sure he can jump, he is black after all, but I would rather have a guy who's intercepting the ball on his feet, not desperately leaping to tip it away.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Joyner seems woefully short for a Ted Thompson safety. I'm not going to be so ignorant to say he's not on Ted's board but he would have to fall far enough to represent a value that Ted can't pass up. Ed Reynolds is a lot more likely to be a Packer IMO but I really hope not. He is great at jumping routes but has AJ Hawks hips which makes him look stupid in man coverage and even stupider in open field situations with ball carriers.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Joyner... has AJ Hawks hips.
    but does he have Bette Davis eyes?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    My thoughts exactly. A shorter, faster Atari Bigby.
    BIG HITS!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

BIG HITZ!!!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Doesn't he have to have flowing dreds in order to be in the Packers secondary? That alone disqualifies him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Sure, Ron Wolf is long retired, but "midgetry," the hatred or intolerance of short people, is still alive in some places. DuJuan Harris' signing may have opened up Thompson's mind a bit.

Seriously, some of the finest safeties in the NFL in the past decade are/were under 6'. Collins, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Earl Thomas.

Thompson needs to think outside the box. Joyner will be an awesome NFL FS, APRH. The guy can cover. The same can't be said about a lot of the fraudulent safeties in the league today.
    there's a big difference with the guys that are just under 6' and a guy thats 5'8

and the to have to go up against guys that are 6'4-6'5 like we have all over the NFCN?

no thanks

This discussion is bringing back all those good old memories of Buckley defending Irvin and Harper, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This discussion is bringing back all those good old memories of Buckley defending Irvin and Harper, is it not?
    It does, but of course it could also turn out like Tyrann Devin who is looking like a pretty damn good pickup.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

No way do they draft a hobbit, period. 5'8". Woof. Hell no. Not even as an UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    It does, but of course it could also turn out like Tyrann Devin who is looking like a pretty damn good pickup.
    ya, you pick guys who can play and put them in the right circumstances. Buckley ended up with a nice career once DCs realized you shouldn't put him in man coverage against huge receivers.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    No way do they draft a hobbit, period. 5'8". Woof. Hell no. Not even as an UDFA.
    Burnett is 6'1". Richardson, 6'2". Aaron Rouse was 6'4". Those guys can't cover, can't blitz and can't tackle worth a lick.

Earl Thomas is more like 5'9" if you take away the dreads, and he's the best safety in the NFL.

Burnett is 6'1". Richardson, 6'2". Aaron Rouse was 6'4". Those guys can't cover, can't blitz and can't tackle worth a lick.

Earl Thomas is more like 5'9" if you take away the dreads, and he's the best safety in the NFL.
    Tackling has nothing to do with height. Richardson is the best tackler in the secondary and he is the tallest. He might have shortfalls elsewhere, but tackling/height is not one of them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Joyner seems woefully short for a Ted Thompson safety. I'm not going to be so ignorant to say he's not on Ted's board but he would have to fall far enough to represent a value that Ted can't pass up. Ed Reynolds is a lot more likely to be a Packer IMO but I really hope not. He is great at jumping routes but has AJ Hawks hips which makes him look stupid in man coverage and even stupider in open field situations with ball carriers.
    AJ Hawk hips? WTF?

Reynolds has the potential to be a very good "strong" safety. The guy's a Harrison Smith clone, the guy Thompson should've drafted in 2012 instead of Perry.

Check this out:

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tackling has nothing to do with height. Richardson is the best tackler in the secondary and he is the tallest. He might have shortfalls elsewhere, but tackling/height is not one of them.
    Richardson is slow as a sloth. He definitely cannot cover. Missed his shares of tackles last season; looked average at best tackling to me.