Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: M.M.M.D 1.0

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    there's a big difference with the guys that are just under 6' and a guy thats 5'8

and the to have to go up against guys that are 6'4-6'5 like we have all over the NFCN?

no thanks
    Joyner doesn't have to cover tall recievers/TEs. Capers could use Joyner like he did with Collins (and like the Seahawks are now doing with Thomas): Let the guy roam the middle of the field and all over the place. In man coverage, Joyner likely would be covering short slot receivers anyway on fake blitzes.

Note that I also advocate drafting another safety, Ed Reynolds. Dude can cover and cover TEs.

Blog Entries
    First off....thanks for having the stones to post this. It's an awesome mock draft and gives all of us time to learn about players we might not have known about otherwise.
    Overall I like the draft.........minus the 1st round pick.........it'd be awesome if you hit on a few of them. I did a mock last year...will this year as well....and of course...I hit on no picks

BTW..............the homer in me really wishes you would have inserted Badger ILB Borland as our third round pick. After all, he was the second best LB in Wisconsin last year..
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    No way do they draft a hobbit, period. 5'8". Woof. Hell no. Not even as an UDFA.
    A hobbit...in the Packers defensive backfield.

That's funny. X10. Good one !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    This is "My Mastery Mockery of a Draft," version 1.0, pre-combine and pre-compensatory picks. These are the players Ted Thompson should draft. Granted, not many folks have ever heard of these players. As the draft draws nearer and nearer, however, keep these dudes in mind.

Keep in mind that I hold a Master's in Mock Draft from the Mel Kiper Jr. School of College Football Scouting and Hair Design at the prestigious ESPNU.

Round/Player/Pos/College/Comment

1. Lamarcus Joyner, S, Florida St: 5'8" but a Bob Sanders clone. Runs a 4.5ish 40. Despite diminutive stature, hits like a wrecking ball. Physical as a horny goat. Excellent coverage skills. Unless Ted Thompson trades up, the Packers have no chance at mofo safety Clinton-Dix. Pryor is another tall, slow safety, a la Morgan Burnett.

2. Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford: 6'2", 205 lbs, 4.5 40. This guy would allow the Packers to play Joyner at "free," a la Nick Collins, a la Earl Fucking Thomas. Big, physical and fast. Had 6 picks in 2012; a ballhawk.

3. Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut: Lori Nickel would love to interview this guy in a locker room. Tall (6'4") and physical. Not as fast as former Bear great, Brian Urlacher, but a poor man Urlacher nonetheless.

4. Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama: 6'6" 252 lbs. A pass blocking OLB with pass rush potentials (7 sacks in 2012). Physical and is a distant relative of Goliath.

5. Kenall James, CB, Maine: 6'0" and runs the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Fast and physical, even at 175 lbs. Needs to add 10 lbs to be even more physical.

6. Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd: 6'4" 238 lbs, 4.4 40. Nobody knows where the fuck Shepherd is. Would be a 1st round pick if played at Alabama. 35 sacks in 47 games. Fast and physical.

7. Nick Perry, S, Alabama: Has prototypical size (6'1" 212 lbs). 4.55 40. Played in only 2 games in '13 due to injuries. Physical when healthy. Not a ball hawk (O pick in NCAA career) but has ok coverage skills. Better than MD Jenning.

Overview:

Ron Wolf once tailored an entire draft toward stopping former Packer-killa, Randy Moss. Colin Kaepernick currently owns the Packers. "Kap" is a modern day Packer-killa, and he isn't going away for a long time - unlike Moss, whom the Vikings stupidly got rid of. If Thompson is smart, he'd tailor a draft toward stopping Kap by drafting many a-fast and physical defenders.
    Told y’all Todd shoulda drafted Joyner.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 03-07-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    I know, Joyner was a drama queen on Hard Knocks. Dude threatened to quit football and go work at Walmart after Fisher and Williams refused to start him. But...., per ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...amarcus-joyner

[Joyner] excelled when given a chance to play safety under defensive coordinator Wade Phillips in 2017....Earned the third-highest grade among safeties by Pro Football Focus, finishing with three interceptions...Allowed a 31.8 passer rating when targeted and 0.36 yards per coverage snaps, ranked 12th among 59 safeties, according to Pro Football Focus...Was one of only two safeties to not miss a tackle in the passing game, and he also covered slot receivers when needed...Is an aggressive hitter with great ball skills.
    Meanwhile in Green Bay, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has morphed into an abomination.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

That was some guy named rodgers12 and since I know you wouldn't have multiple accounts as thats a violation you told us nothing.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

" I know, Joyner was a drama queen on Hard Knocks. Dude threatened to quit football and go work at Walmart after Fisher and Williams refused to start him. But...., per ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...amarcus-joyner

[Joyner] excelled when given a chance to play safety under defensive coordinator Wade Phillips in 2017....Earned the third-highest grade among safeties by Pro Football Focus, finishing with three interceptions...Allowed a 31.8 passer rating when targeted and 0.36 yards per coverage snaps, ranked 12th among 59 safeties, according to Pro Football Focus...Was one of only two safeties to not miss a tackle in the passing game, and he also covered slot receivers when needed...Is an aggressive hitter with great ball skills.
    Meanwhile in Green Bay, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has morphed into an abomination..."

Nice Follow-up.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-07-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That was some guy named rodgers12 and since I know you wouldn't have multiple accounts as thats a violation you told us nothing.
    No !

He told us he has an excellent sense of humour.

This Thread is a Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    This is "My Mastery Mockery of a Draft," version 1.0, pre-combine and pre-compensatory picks. These are the players Ted Thompson should draft. Granted, not many folks have ever heard of these players. As the draft draws nearer and nearer, however, keep these dudes in mind.

Keep in mind that I hold a Master's in Mock Draft from the Mel Kiper Jr. School of College Football Scouting and Hair Design at the prestigious ESPNU.

Round/Player/Pos/College/Comment

1. Lamarcus Joyner, S, Florida St: 5'8" but a Bob Sanders clone. Runs a 4.5ish 40. Despite diminutive stature, hits like a wrecking ball. Physical as a horny goat. Excellent coverage skills. Unless Ted Thompson trades up, the Packers have no chance at mofo safety Clinton-Dix. Pryor is another tall, slow safety, a la Morgan Burnett.

2. Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford: 6'2", 205 lbs, 4.5 40. This guy would allow the Packers to play Joyner at "free," a la Nick Collins, a la Earl Fucking Thomas. Big, physical and fast. Had 6 picks in 2012; a ballhawk.

3. Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut: Lori Nickel would love to interview this guy in a locker room. Tall (6'4") and physical. Not as fast as former Bear great, Brian Urlacher, but a poor man Urlacher nonetheless.

4. Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama: 6'6" 252 lbs. A pass blocking OLB with pass rush potentials (7 sacks in 2012). Physical and is a distant relative of Goliath.

5. Kenall James, CB, Maine: 6'0" and runs the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Fast and physical, even at 175 lbs. Needs to add 10 lbs to be even more physical.

6. Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd: 6'4" 238 lbs, 4.4 40. Nobody knows where the fuck Shepherd is. Would be a 1st round pick if played at Alabama. 35 sacks in 47 games. Fast and physical.

7. Nick Perry, S, Alabama: Has prototypical size (6'1" 212 lbs). 4.55 40. Played in only 2 games in '13 due to injuries. Physical when healthy. Not a ball hawk (O pick in NCAA career) but has ok coverage skills. Better than MD Jenning.

Overview:

Ron Wolf once tailored an entire draft toward stopping former Packer-killa, Randy Moss. Colin Kaepernick currently owns the Packers. "Kap" is a modern day Packer-killa, and he isn't going away for a long time - unlike Moss, whom the Vikings stupidly got rid of. If Thompson is smart, he'd tailor a draft toward stopping Kap by drafting many a-fast and physical defenders.
    What a terrible draft this would have been.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-set-to-be-fa

Rams place the non-exclusive franchise tag on S Lamarcus Joyner; while, WR Sammy Watkins set to be a FA

he safety tag number sits at $11.29 million for one season. Sides have until July 16 to hammer out a potential multi-year deal.

" The expectation for weeks had been that the Rams prioritized franchising Joyner over free-agent-to-be Sammy Watkins. L.A. had hoped to get a long-term deal done with one in advance of Tuesday's tag deadline to free the tender for the other, but a pact couldn't be struck in time."

By: Kevin Patra ...Around the NFL writer

Published: March 6, 2018 at 01:12 p.m. Updated: March 6, 2018 at 03:56 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    What a terrible draft this would have been.
    Looking at one positive and Rodgers12's Mock:

How many TT 1st Round Picks received the non-exclusive franchise tag?