Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask any question - I'll answer

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Mazda 6.....I'm thinking of going with this for my next vehicle. Any thoughts?
    Well, my feelings are mixed on this. The Mazda 6 is a beautiful car in its own right. I really like the design of the interior and exterior. However, it gets very poor gas mileage and is overpriced. Now the Mazda 3 is more affordable and gets better gas mileage, but has a smaller engine that may be more prone to breaking down. It's too early to judge with the 3 since they replaced the Protege what like 2-3 years ago?

Personally, as much as I'd like to keep jobs in America, i'd look long and hard at the VW biodiesel rabbit. Affordable and stylish, yet geared towards the future. Otherwise, i'd look at a Toyota or Honda for their efficiency and technology more advanced than Ford or GM.

I, too, am in the market for a car. The ol' 1997 2.4 L sunfire is on its final breath. I am really hoping I can get three more years out of this bad boy and drive it into the ground, but I have a hunch that is wishful thinking. The previous owner (my cousin) treated it like shit and it is very evident in its final days. It's death is well before its time. The Teal Tornado has treated me well, though.
    Used the 3 and the 6 are very comperable in price. The difference being the 6cyl gets not-so-good gas mileage. I am still considering a Honda, but they are far too much money for a new one anymore. I will probably end up with another truck though. I havent owned a car in 12 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

? HOFer
    Mazda 6.....I'm thinking of going with this for my next vehicle. Any thoughts?
    Well, my feelings are mixed on this. The Mazda 6 is a beautiful car in its own right. I really like the design of the interior and exterior. However, it gets very poor gas mileage and is overpriced. Now the Mazda 3 is more affordable and gets better gas mileage, but has a smaller engine that may be more prone to breaking down. It's too early to judge with the 3 since they replaced the Protege what like 2-3 years ago?

Personally, as much as I'd like to keep jobs in America, i'd look long and hard at the VW biodiesel rabbit. Affordable and stylish, yet geared towards the future. Otherwise, i'd look at a Toyota or Honda for their efficiency and technology more advanced than Ford or GM.

I, too, am in the market for a car. The ol' 1997 2.4 L sunfire is on its final breath. I am really hoping I can get three more years out of this bad boy and drive it into the ground, but I have a hunch that is wishful thinking. The previous owner (my cousin) treated it like shit and it is very evident in its final days. It's death is well before its time. The Teal Tornado has treated me well, though.
    Used the 3 and the 6 are very comperable in price. The difference being the 6cyl gets not-so-good gas mileage. I am still considering a Honda, but they are far too much money for a new one anymore. I will probably end up with another truck though. I havent owned a car in 12 years.
    I don't have a lot of knowledge on the new price or used price of either car. I know the VW Rabit is supposed to run about 14k or less I believe. That's not too bad considering its a future proofed car that gets like 40+ mpg I believe.

The Dashboard Confessional singer used to sing for Further Seems Forever. Why did he leave FSF to make acoustic Emo? I mean really. FSF has alot of power to their songs. DC sounds like they are crying.

? HOFer
    The Dashboard Confessional singer used to sing for Further Seems Forever. Why did he leave FSF to make acoustic Emo? I mean really. FSF has alot of power to their songs. DC sounds like they are crying.
    Because EMO gets the ladies and the dollars. All the teens these days are all on myspace with their whiney emo music. That, or they are gettin' into some newer, more popular indie bands. I blame the OC myself.

Because EMO gets the ladies and the dollars. All the teens these days are all on myspace with their whiney emo music. That, or they are gettin' into some newer, more popular indie bands. I blame the OC myself.
    I guess. FSF has gone downhill without him, and DC makes me sit down when I pee.

? HOFer
    I guess. FSF has gone downhill without him, and DC makes me sit down when I pee.
    I've never heard of the other band. I'm more of a flaming lips kind of guy

http://www.purevolume.com/furtherseemsforever

Not as good as they used to be.

? HOFer
    http://www.purevolume.com/furtherseemsforever

Not as good as they used to be.
    I'll have to check 'em out a little later. I'm at work so I can't really do that. I can get away with this since I am pretty discrete about it, but having audio on would give me away.

Headphones. They would be mad about listening to music?

? HOFer
    Headphones. They would be mad about listening to music?
    It's possible. I'm in the executive suite so i've got to keep it classy at all times.

What kind of music do you listen to? Do you pick up random chicks in the mall? Do you like cottage cheese? Red or blue? ESPN or ESPN2? Why? How? Where? What? When?

IE 7 RC1 or Firefox?

Im using IE7 right now and I have to say I actually like it.

Red sauce or green sauce on Mexican food?

Nike or New Balance?

Maybe it was MX400. Bestbuy had it for $25 so I couldnt pass it up. The aiming precision is ridiculous. It doesnt have the weird delay that I was used to with my old mouse either. That took me like an hour to get used to.

On a server with mostly CAL-O and CAL-M players I was 73-36. Thats the only thing that I changed.

Learn to use a trackball. You'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Maybe it was MX400. Bestbuy had it for $25 so I couldnt pass it up. The aiming precision is ridiculous. It doesnt have the weird delay that I was used to with my old mouse either. That took me like an hour to get used to.

On a server with mostly CAL-O and CAL-M players I was 73-36. Thats the only thing that I changed.

Try playing a First Person Shooter with a trackball, you will throw it out the window.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherpackfan
    What kind of music do you listen to?
    Alternative Rock

Do you pick up random chicks in the mall?
    Nope, i've got myself a sexy lady.

Do you like cottage cheese?
    Yep, bedtime snack

Red or blue?
    Red

ESPN or ESPN2?
    ESPN 2, generally they have more entertaining content on there.

? HOFer
    IE 7 RC1 or Firefox?
    Firefox. Best rendering engine and complies to the most standards. Personally, I like webkit browsers for my Mac. Safari is great, and the firefox team has created Camino (firefox that follows the aqua interface standards) is a great browser as we..

Im using IE7 right now and I have to say I actually like it.
    Does it render PR correctly? Do a comparison between FF and that, let me know how it looks. Most sites look like garbage in IE.

Red sauce or green sauce on Mexican food?
    I've never had the stones to try either. It's weird, I eat a lot of Chipotle/qdoba too. My perfect burrito is Black Beans, Chicken, 2 scoops of Mild Salsa, 1 scoop of medium, one scoop of hot, a half scoop of sour creme, a large fistful of cheese, and a boatload of lettuce. Soooo good!

Nike or New Balance?
    I have New Balance running shoes, Adidas tennis shoes, and Adidas cross training shoes for general purporse stuff. Most of my work shoes are aldo or bed-stu, and by most I mean my two pair.

? HOFer

Try playing a First Person Shooter with a trackball, you will throw it out the window.
    No way, thats the way they were meant to be played. I don't like it myself, but all the old school quake 1 gamers are unbelievably good with the trackball

No way, thats the way they were meant to be played. I don't like it myself, but all the old school quake 1 gamers are unbelievably good with the trackball
    Let me just say that I downloaded Q-test on my 28.8 modem after writing a dialing script in Win95A. I hate to sound this nerdy, but I was at the first Quake-Con in Texas. Trackballs are not for me.

? HOFer

Let me just say that I downloaded Q-test on my 28.8 modem after writing a dialing script in Win95A. I hate to sound this nerdy, but I was at the first Quake-Con in Texas. Trackballs are not for me.
    NERD-ALERT!!!@#!@#!

Why don't you have Pete Sampras as your avatar?
    Do you need a car in college?
    Are you an AFC or PUA?