View Poll Results: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver

9 42.86%
  • Seattle

12 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who wins the Super Bowl?

Is it too late to vote?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Seattle in a blowout, the contrarian pick...
    What do I win?

Two words for those who picked the Broncos to win - "Suck It".

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Two words for those who picked the Broncos to win - "Suck It".
    I couldn't have been more wrong
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I keep telling posters you don't want me to predict anything unless its to bet against me.

After the fact, I am golden on figuring it out though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    What do I win?
    Your wild rice is on the way

Manning has always been pretty sketchy with pressure in his face. He just usually never faces any because blitzers open holes in the defense that Denver's offense has exposed with quick-hitting pass plays.

Seattle not only harried Manning all game, but shut the door on the underneath stuff to boot.

The only time Manning won a SB was in Indy with a dynamite D opposite Rex Grossman! Peyton is a wonderful regular season QB but not so hot in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The only time Manning won a SB was in Indy with a dynamite D opposite Rex Grossman! Peyton is a wonderful regular season QB but not so hot in the playoffs.
    Well, that D was more mite than Dino. They were terrible for the entire season, especially against the run. The return of Bob Sanders saved them in the playoffs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Broncos - 31
    Seahawks - 20
    Whoops.

The only thing that I can say is that game was literally a curb-stomping.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Manning has always been pretty sketchy with pressure in his face. He just usually never faces any because blitzers open holes in the defense that Denver's offense has exposed with quick-hitting pass plays.

Seattle not only harried Manning all game, but shut the door on the underneath stuff to boot.
    when he through the pick I called it 5 seconds earlier (I was watching with a seattle fan). I said "hmmm....3rd and 7, haven't moved the ball yet. This is where Manning and Favre always feel like they MUST make a play and end up throwing a pick so you can't punt". It was great. Everyone thinks I'm a genius and they forgot the 10 things I was wrong about.

PS...Can anyone bump the thread where tank predicted that Peyton would cement his legacy as the greatest QB ever and I quoted it and said he would cement his legacy as the greatest regular season qb ever.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What do I win?
    The admiration of your peers. WELL DONE!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The problem with Manning is that, even as great as he is at this point in his career, he is an immobile QB. The Seahawks didn't have to worry about losing containment, having him scramble downfield,or running a bootleg play. And Manning is just not very accurate, or able to drive the ball down the field with his arm.

I won't take anything away from the defense, but the Bronco's offense played right into their strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The admiration of your peers. WELL DONE!
    ...or in some cases, their reluctant recognition. well done.

After that performance yesterday I wonder where Settle's D ranks among the best all time. You hold the number one scoring offense in NFL history to 8 points in the biggest game of the year after dominating the regular season as well. Settles d scored more points than Devers O. Who would have predicted that.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    After that performance yesterday I wonder where Settle's D ranks among the best all time. You hold the number one scoring offense in NFL history to 8 points in the biggest game of the year after dominating the regular season as well. Settles d scored more points than Devers O. Who would have predicted that.
    Football Outsiders had them at 3rd behind the 85 Bears and the 02 or 03 Bucs. 2000 Ravens should get some credit, but they played a very poor offensive slate of games and most ratings systems that take strength of opponent into account knock them down accordingly.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Denver 31
    Seattle 17

The debate then becomes who's better - Peyton or Montana?
    Well, guess I was wrong. Got caught up in the hype.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Football Outsiders had them at 3rd behind the 85 Bears and the 02 or 03 Bucs. 2000 Ravens should get some credit, but they played a very poor offensive slate of games and most ratings systems that take strength of opponent into account knock them down accordingly.
    FWIW, all of those teams only won one Superbowl and failed to maintain their level of dominance.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.