Thread: Charges filed against Sharper - Rape and drug charges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Bail set at $200K, prosecution wants it raised to $10M because the crimes cross state borders, and I assume because he also has means. This is looking bad, methinks he'd be well served to absorb the $200K hit and head for a country without an extradition treaty, because it looks like he's going away for a long time.

No way there is this much evidence spread across that many people, locations, etc and he's innocent. I have to wonder as this builds if stories about his behavior in GB might start to surface.
    It's possible. TT was Director of Pro Personnel during Sharper's first 2 years in Green Bay, and didn't hesitate much before getting rid of him when he came back as GM in 2005. The reason given was that he wanted Sharper to take a pay cut, but I wonder if the real reason was that he wanted Sharper to leave. I had the impression at the time that they just didn't want Sharper around, but wasn't sure why.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's possible. TT was Director of Pro Personnel during Sharper's first 2 years in Green Bay, and didn't hesitate much before getting rid of him when he came back as GM in 2005. The reason given was that he wanted Sharper to take a pay cut, but I wonder if the real reason was that he wanted Sharper to leave. I had the impression at the time that they just didn't want Sharper around, but wasn't sure why.
    Kind of makes you wonder now, doesn't it? The story at the time was that TT wanted him to take a huge pay cut million, from total compensation of $6 million down to $2. Not too often you see someone agree to 1/3 what they were due. I assumed they figured he was done physically, but maybe they just didn't want him around.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-15-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder now, doesn't it? The story at the time was that TT wanted him to take a huge pay cut million, from total compensation of $6 million down to $2. Not too often you see someone agree to 1/3 what they were due. I assumed they figured he was done physically, but maybe they just didn't want him around.
    Yup, and I'd lean towards TT wanting him out. There was some debate around here at the time about how bad the Pack's cap situation was, and if Sharper was really as done as the offer indicated. I think he wasn't, TT knew he would get his money elsewhere and was anxious to see the taillights of his car.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

When he was with the Packers I thought he was kind of a moron. When the Vikings signed him they had such safety problems I was semi ok with it. He played pretty well during his time in Minnesota and seemed like a decent guy. Of course I had always looked up to OJ Simpson too and look where that got me.....