Thread: Charges filed against Sharper - Rape and drug charges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If he posts bail, I suspect he will have to turnover his passport as well. No way they give him an easy chance to leave the country with that many potential charges in his future.
    Meh. There are ways and there are ways. A passport prevents commercial air travel, that's about it. Hernandez had plenty of notice the walls were closing in and should've known enough to get out (he thought he was invincible). Sharper is a bit older and one would think, wiser. In his shoes I'd be leaving Dodge, and handing over $200K and a passport would seem like a fricken bargain to me.

edit: I notice you said east chance to leave the country, so you well know he wouldn't have too much trouble.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Meh. There are ways and there are ways. A passport prevents commercial air travel, that's about it. Hernandez had plenty of notice the walls were closing in and should've known enough to get out (he thought he was invincible). Sharper is a bit older and one would think, wiser. In his shoes I'd be leaving Dodge, and handing over $200K and a passport would seem like a fricken bargain to me.

edit: I notice you said east chance to leave the country, so you well know he wouldn't have too much trouble.
    Yes, I wrote "easy chance" for a reason; there is always a way to do things, but it can be expensive. Leaving the country isn't the problem, entering a new one causes the difficulty, and the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yes, I wrote "easy chance" for a reason; there is always a way to do things, but it can be expensive. Leaving the country isn't the problem, entering a new one causes the difficulty, and the expense.
    Possibly, yes. I've got some limited experience there, and can say that you can get yourself into Nigeria pretty inexpensively. Question is, do you really want to be there?

I imagine John McAfee could hook him up in a slightly nicer place somewhere in South America!
    --

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    you can get yourself into Nigeria pretty inexpensively.
    apparently the hardest part about Nigeria is getting 20 million out of the country, especially if you are a wealthy foreigner.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    apparently the hardest part about Nigeria is getting 20 million out of the country, especially if you are a wealthy foreigner.
    20 million what?

I commonly carried a couple hundred K...Naira. 20 million Naira is a good down payment on a middle class house in a nice neighborhood

Reading back, it looks like I'm condoning the idea of Sharper making a run for it. Let me clarify, I hope like hell he does the time coming to him, I was just building a hypothetical situation (see my sig!) as to what he could do to expand his options at this point!
    --