Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges filed against Sharper - Rape and drug charges

Charges filed against Sharper - Rape and drug charges

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...245562921.html

At least seven women in four different states have accused former Green Bay Packers All-Pro safety Darren Sharper of drugging and sexually assaulting them, according to court documents filed in Los Angeles on Friday.

At least three other women and one man reported being drugged, according to records. Three of the alleged sexual assaults occurred on two consecutive nights in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...#ixzz2tLYbn9kg
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter
    Wow. Seven different women in four states allege sexual assaults, three others allege being drugged. I wonder what the deal is with the one guy?

Sharper's high-priced attorneys think "the truth will set him free" but we've heard that before........I have to sneeze......'In-cog-ni-to'!

They better be good because it looks like the captain of the "Love Boat" is in serious trouble.

I know most people here disliked Sharper but I was always a fan and was disappointed that he wasn't resigned. He played for several more years on winning teams after supposedly he was "done" and couldn't run any more.

However, if guilty, I have no sympathy for him or guys like him. There are groupies everywhere targeting athletes and he could have as much causal sex as he wanted. If he couldn't get it for free then he had plenty of money to pay for it. But drugging women and raping them? That's so low. They deserve whatever punishment they receive.

Even if found innocent, through his reckless lifestyle, Sharper blew a sweet gig at the NFL Network and the broadcast career he spent years planning for. He's done in the national media. Maybe he can do commentary for William and Mary games but that will be about it.

Arrogant, dumb a--.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...geles/5486639/

Damn I've always been a Sharper fan because the Sharper brothers are from Richmond VA so you know I'm going to root for my hometown boys but if true then fuck him. You have all that money and its not like you look like Patrick Ewing, you really need to drug females to get laid?

Is he married? Would explain trying to keep this hidden.

I thought though I read he was single.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ping-two-women

There, he gave each woman a shot, and both women subsequently passed out, prosecutors say. One woman told investigators she woke up naked hours later with Sharper sexually assaulting her. The second woman then woke up and "interrupted his actions," according to prosecutors.
    Nothing like providing your own witness for the prosecution. What a dope. If only illegal substances came with a dosing chart.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Damn I've always been a Sharper fan because the Sharper brothers are from Richmond VA so you know I'm going to root for my hometown boys but if true then fuck him. You have all that money and its not like you look like Patrick Ewing, you really need to drug females to get laid?
    Rape isn't about getting laid. It is all about power and control.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Rape isn't about getting laid. It is all about power and control.
    This is true.

Disclaimer: I don't know what happened, I am not accusing or exonerating. Very weird point: Sharper gave them injections? How did that happen?

Criminality aside, these are some very strange behaviors

I thought Stanley Kubrick was dead
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is true.

Disclaimer: I don't know what happened, I am not accusing or exonerating. Very weird point: Sharper gave them injections? How did that happen?

Shot of alcohol. They were out partying, he was transporting them from one location to another, said he had to stop at his hotel and gave them a drink while they waited for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is true.

I don't think it was injections. I think it was shots of liquor laced with drugs.

Sharper, once a star safety with the New Orleans Saints, is suspected of raping seven women in four states, all after offering them drinks laced with drugs, according to a court document submitted by a Los Angeles police officer investigating the case. The detective stated he suspected that Sharper also drugged additional people who accompanied these women, increasing the total suspected druggings to 11 cases combined since September.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Ahh, I see. Sharper may be the most notorious Packer criminal since Randall Woodfield
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    From: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ping-two-women

Nothing like providing your own witness for the prosecution. What a dope. If only illegal substances came with a dosing chart.
    I initially understood it to be injections as well, and was going 'wtf?'

Maybe he wouldn't have gotten caught if he hired one of those 'guess your weight' guys from a carnival as a wingman so he got the amounts right? My gf keeps saying that NFL players should all have a handler to follow them around, although I don't think out of work carnies is what she had in mind.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Bail set at $200K, prosecution wants it raised to $10M because the crimes cross state borders, and I assume because he also has means. This is looking bad, methinks he'd be well served to absorb the $200K hit and head for a country without an extradition treaty, because it looks like he's going away for a long time.

No way there is this much evidence spread across that many people, locations, etc and he's innocent. I have to wonder as this builds if stories about his behavior in GB might start to surface.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Bail set at $200K, prosecution wants it raised to $10M because the crimes cross state borders, and I assume because he also has means. This is looking bad, methinks he'd be well served to absorb the $200K hit and head for a country without an extradition treaty, because it looks like he's going away for a long time.

No way there is this much evidence spread across that many people, locations, etc and he's innocent. I have to wonder as this builds if stories about his behavior in GB might start to surface.
    It's possible. TT was Director of Pro Personnel during Sharper's first 2 years in Green Bay, and didn't hesitate much before getting rid of him when he came back as GM in 2005. The reason given was that he wanted Sharper to take a pay cut, but I wonder if the real reason was that he wanted Sharper to leave. I had the impression at the time that they just didn't want Sharper around, but wasn't sure why.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

TT got rid of Sharper because he was overpaid, couldn't tackle, and at the time was injury prone.

If he posts bail, I suspect he will have to turnover his passport as well. No way they give him an easy chance to leave the country with that many potential charges in his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's possible. TT was Director of Pro Personnel during Sharper's first 2 years in Green Bay, and didn't hesitate much before getting rid of him when he came back as GM in 2005. The reason given was that he wanted Sharper to take a pay cut, but I wonder if the real reason was that he wanted Sharper to leave. I had the impression at the time that they just didn't want Sharper around, but wasn't sure why.
    Kind of makes you wonder now, doesn't it? The story at the time was that TT wanted him to take a huge pay cut million, from total compensation of $6 million down to $2. Not too often you see someone agree to 1/3 what they were due. I assumed they figured he was done physically, but maybe they just didn't want him around.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-15-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Sharper's high-priced attorneys think "the truth will set him free" but we've heard that before........I have to sneeze......'In-cog-ni-to'!

They better be good because it looks like the captain of the "Love Boat" is in serious trouble.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...geles/5486639/

Fred Smoot was the captain of that ship, your memory is a little hazy.

I agree with people that 7 allegations from 4 states leaves one by default to believe there is a crime here. He'll have his day in court but me thinks his next conquest will be bubba in the cell next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder now, doesn't it? The story at the time was that TT wanted him to take a huge pay cut million, from total compensation of $6 million down to $2. Not too often you see someone agree to 1/3 what they were due. I assumed they figured he was done physically, but maybe they just didn't want him around.
    Yup, and I'd lean towards TT wanting him out. There was some debate around here at the time about how bad the Pack's cap situation was, and if Sharper was really as done as the offer indicated. I think he wasn't, TT knew he would get his money elsewhere and was anxious to see the taillights of his car.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If he posts bail, I suspect he will have to turnover his passport as well. No way they give him an easy chance to leave the country with that many potential charges in his future.
    Meh. There are ways and there are ways. A passport prevents commercial air travel, that's about it. Hernandez had plenty of notice the walls were closing in and should've known enough to get out (he thought he was invincible). Sharper is a bit older and one would think, wiser. In his shoes I'd be leaving Dodge, and handing over $200K and a passport would seem like a fricken bargain to me.

edit: I notice you said east chance to leave the country, so you well know he wouldn't have too much trouble.
    --

Meh. There are ways and there are ways. A passport prevents commercial air travel, that's about it. Hernandez had plenty of notice the walls were closing in and should've known enough to get out (he thought he was invincible). Sharper is a bit older and one would think, wiser. In his shoes I'd be leaving Dodge, and handing over $200K and a passport would seem like a fricken bargain to me.

edit: I notice you said east chance to leave the country, so you well know he wouldn't have too much trouble.
    Yes, I wrote "easy chance" for a reason; there is always a way to do things, but it can be expensive. Leaving the country isn't the problem, entering a new one causes the difficulty, and the expense.