Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges filed against Sharper - Rape and drug charges

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...dence/7812769/
    Sharper loses Arizona bid to be released on bail
    Sharper made not see freedom again for a very long time. Too many charges in too many states.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Sharper made not see freedom again for a very long time. Too many charges in too many states.
    I said it before and I'll say it again - I can't believe he didn't do a runner. Maybe he believed he was untouchable? He'd be a lot better off in a country without an extradition treaty...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again - I can't believe he didn't do a runner. Maybe he believed he was untouchable? He'd be a lot better off in a country without an extradition treaty...
    Yeah, desperate people do desperate things. Sharper's smart and charismatic enough to pull it off.....for awhile.

When I said that I doubt he'll be free again for a long time, I was thinking about him facing charges in five states and the length of time it would take to process each one. Because everyone assumes that he is guilty he's become the fallen NFL star that people love to hate. A local prosecutor or judge would face a serious public backlash if he let him go free pre-trial.

This guy has completely ruined his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Yeah, desperate people do desperate things. Sharper's smart and charismatic enough to pull it off.....for awhile.

When I said that I doubt he'll be free again for a long time, I was thinking about him facing charges in five states and the length of time it would take to process each one. Because everyone assumes that he is guilty he's become the fallen NFL star that people love to hate. A local prosecutor or judge would face a serious public backlash if he let him go free pre-trial.

This guy has completely ruined his life.
    Oh, Pandora's box is way beyond open now. My son was asking why he wouldn't get bail, and explained that even after he went through the system and got bail in one state he wouldn't get released, he'd get extradited to the next one in line - right? Some actual US citizens may be able to clear this up. Regardless, his opportunity to join John Mcafee in Belize or Rodman just north of you is gone.
    --

Regardless, his opportunity to join John Mcafee in Belize or Rodman just north of you is gone.
    Sharper would take American jail over North Korea. People don't risk their lives escaping there for nothing.

Oh, Pandora's box is way beyond open now. My son was asking why he wouldn't get bail, and explained that even after he went through the system and got bail in one state he wouldn't get released, he'd get extradited to the next one in line - right? Some actual US citizens may be able to clear this up. Regardless, his opportunity to join John Mcafee in Belize or Rodman just north of you is gone.
    It can get competitive between jurisdictions, but States, unless under enormous public pressure, generally like to coordinate because the alternative is shipping him back and forth and that gives his lawyers chances to delay. To get the cases expedited (such as its possible) its better to have it go one at a time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It can get competitive between jurisdictions, but States, unless under enormous public pressure, generally like to coordinate because the alternative is shipping him back and forth and that gives his lawyers chances to delay. To get the cases expedited (such as its possible) its better to have it go one at a time.
    Ok, that's what I thought - so he goes through the process in one state, then gets hauled off to the next state, rinse, wash, repeat. No shipping back and forth, but just because he makes bail in one jurisdiction does not mean he'll be out on the streets until trial.
    --

Not drawing the attention level the Hernandez case is, but looks like it might go on about at long.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS
    --

Not drawing the attention level the Hernandez case is, but looks like it might go on about at long.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS
    He has only been charged in 2 states, so he has that going for him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/sp...ef=sports&_r=2

The article from this LINK tells the story and might make you scratch your head.

Why?

How could a man that portrayed himself as such a fine gentleman be such a repeated sexual stalker? The manner in which he enacted these accused crimes is so bizarre. Placed him at such high risk of being accused....as he eventually was; as a result throwing away his life.

This case shocks and puzzles me. This is a crazy world we live in but this sort of thing. It's just too much.

There's more here regarding the specifics of the case:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...se_attorn.html
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 08-29-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Sharper has now been indicted with two others on rape charges in New Orleans. Could get life, if convicted.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-charges.html

Charges now pending in three states; California, Arizona and Louisiana.

What an utterly disgusting excuse of a human being.

I wonder if folks at 1265 had a bad feeling about him or if he was such an effective sociopath that it was totally under the radar?

Who would have thought Sharper was friends with Bill Cosby.

Strange world.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Who would have thought Sharper was friends with Bill Cosby.

Strange world.
    Guilty until proven innocent, we say here in the good old USA. Was Sharper in the Playboy mansion with all those wholesome, innocent girls too?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    And to think he used to intro himself on game day as "Darren, ain't nobody Shaper"! What a tool.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    And to think he used to intro himself on game day as "Darren, ain't nobody Shaper"! What a tool.
    Indeed. Those tools ain't cheap. Elitist!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Indeed. Those tools ain't cheap. Elitist!

Is that the Binford 9000 nail file?

State and federal charges. He's officially in it deep now.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I wonder if folks at 1265 had a bad feeling about him or if he was such an effective sociopath that it was totally under the radar?
    I've wondered that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I've wondered that, too.
    He was in Green Bay for 8 years, they re-signed him to a big contract and only released him when TT got to town and asked him to take a pay cut to clean up Sherman's salary cap mess. They also had him back in town for a workout after he was finished with New Orleans.

No, I'd say they had no idea.
    --