Thread: Lacy considering radical step to lose more weight

Lacy considering radical step to lose more weight

Lacy is considering getting his haircut.
    The dreadlock tackle worried him because of knee injury risk.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...hair/89474754/

I am stunned it doesn't happen more often. As always, the Steelers and Mike Munchak have brought a new level of physicalness to the table.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Maybe Clay can slide by with the goldilocks, but any offensive skill player is just plain dumb to expose themselves like that. Might as well have a rope as tail.

not only does it hurt like hell to get tackled by your hair, and you risk the same types of injuries as a horse collar, but you also cost your team by giving the other guys one more thing to grab

if it wasn't for the long hair, that guy wouldn't have brought down lacy last night

can teams/coaches force players to cut their hair. or is that a bygone cba issue?

somebody in the nfl cut their dreads off the other day and lost 4 lbs.
    it might help him avoid a horse collar-like injury also.

Sounds like Lacy isn't in a big hurry though.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...hair/89474754/

After Friday night, Lacy said, he’s “debating” getting a haircut when he travels home to Louisiana during the Packers’ bye week in late September.

"I’m debating after that," Lacy said. "I don’t know how many more of those I’d like to experience. We’re in camp. So I’ve got to wait until I get out of camp, and then I’ll assess it.”

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    somebody in the nfl cut their dreads off the other day and lost 4 lbs.
    it might help him avoid a horse collar-like injury also.
    they just showed the play again on nfln (they're showing the whole game right now.

his right knee did buckle exactly like a horse collar, he's really lucky he didn't lose the season, that could have cost him 10's of millions of $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    they just showed the play again on nfln (they're showing the whole game right now.

his right knee did buckle exactly like a horse collar, he's really lucky he didn't lose the season, that could have cost him 10's of millions of $$$$
    If he's inclined to get it cut, I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers give him a day or 2 to go do it, if that's what he needs. . It's not like they practice every day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

yup. mentioned this in the game thread. the nfl will wait for someone to get hurt before they change their tune on 'the hair is part of the uniform' bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If he's inclined to get it cut, I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers give him a day or 2 to go do it, if that's what he needs. . It's not like they practice every day anyway.
    Heck, all he has to do is go see his team mate, Kennard Backman:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/g...-barber-082815

Backman, a sixth-round pick out of UAB in this year's draft, picked up the practice in high school by testing his skills on his little brother's head. Since then, he has gained enough confidence to cut his teammates' hair. His clients in Green Bay now include Ty Montgomery, Mike Pennel, Jayrone Elliott, Tay Glover-Wright, James Vaughters and Adrian Hubbard, according to the Journal Sentinel.

"I've cut quite a few heads," Backman said, per the Journal Sentinel.