Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packer Tailgate Tour: Red's Big Chance

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    to tell off Jarett Bush.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h
    #Packers #TailgateTour celebrities: M. Murphy, J. Bush, B. Jones, M. Crosby, P. Coffman, L. Dickey and J. Lofton: http://pckrs.com/jmf2

Escanaba, Ironwood, Superior, Rice Lake and Merrill. April 15-19.
    Jarrett Bush says Peppers makes Packers championship-caliber. So there.

"I think J.P., pound-for-pound, is one of the most athletic athletes in the league right now," defensive back Jarrett Bush told reporters this week, per the Green Bay Press Gazette. "I think he's going to give teams a lot of trouble, especially with Clay (Matthews), Nick Perry, Mike Neal and Mike Daniels. ... They can't just double Clay anymore, He's going to wreak havoc over there."

Said Bush of Peppers: "He's definitely a force to be reckoned with. I think with Clay and the whole gang, I think we'll be a championship-caliber team."
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Jarrett Bush is a more athletic athletic athlete than JP.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jarrett Bush says Peppers makes Packers championship-caliber. So there.
    Sounds like some of the Packer players have stars in their eyes, remembering the days of yesteryear when JP was worth the $17M Carolina paid him for a season. I wonder what he's got left? The Bears effectively traded him in for Allen, have to wonder why they made that decision.

Some contract notes - The deals each signed are for 3/27 and 3/24 respectively, so seem pretty similar at first glance. The Bear's are locked in to a 2yrs/15.5, it looks like if they release him after 1yr he still gets 15.5. He's got an $8.5M base in yr 3, so the Bears could keep him around for that if they think he's worth it.

Both teams opted for unbalanced cap numbers - Allen's are 3/12.5/8.5, Peppers are 3.5/12.5/10.5. The Packers could get out of it after 1 year for $8.5M.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Jarrett Bush is a more athletic athletic athlete than JP.
    LOL good to see I wasn't the only one who laughed a JB's comment.

Maybe Bush and Peppers -- that sounds like a euphemism if ever one existed -- can run the stadium stairs together to compete for most athletic athletic athlete on the team.

And now the story during this slow off offseason is the "what if they'd kept Bart as coach?" story. He was just growing into it, a GBPG article suggested.

But that was one god-awful defense he had there. The whole 2011 season, I kept thinking back to that 1983-era defense.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Sounds like some of the Packer players have stars in their eyes, remembering the days of yesteryear when JP was worth the $17M Carolina paid him for a season. I wonder what he's got left? The Bears effectively traded him in for Allen, have to wonder why they made that decision.
    Why? Because he would have had over an $18M cap hit for the Bears in 2014. He still counts $8.3 for them this year; but they can count that, Lamar Houston's 2014 cap ($5.04M) and Allen's 2014 cap ($3M) and still save $2M over what it would have been to keep Pepper3. In essence, they traded Peppers for Allen, Houston and $2M in 2014 cap space.