Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Cut DeSean Jackson

Exclamation Eagles Cut DeSean Jackson

Nope. It's for real. Not a gag.They weren't happy with him for various reasons.

Latest on possible reasons: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._troubles.html

Shorter version: knew and was business affiliated with a gang member who was imprisoned and tired for murder. Was acquitted. DeSean not involved in crime but was questioned about whereabouts of one of the suspects.

Question: If I was a possible witness for an alibi (or the reverse), should I expect the police to call my place of employment? What was that about?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Latest on possible reasons: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._troubles.html

Shorter version: knew and was business affiliated with a gang member who was imprisoned and tired for murder. Was acquitted. DeSean not involved in crime but was questioned about whereabouts of one of the suspects.

Question: If I was a possible witness for an alibi (or the reverse), should I expect the police to call my place of employment? What was that about?
    They (probably?) wouldn't do that do you...but it's not like they can treat him the way they do other people.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    They (probably?) wouldn't do that do you...but it's not like they can treat him the way they do other people.
    racists!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    If I was a professional athlete, I think I would eventually quit out of paranoia. That report, plus team security having ins with the FBI and local law enforcement would drive me batty.

Steinbrenner tried to adopt an entire FBI field office in Tampa and hired them regularly to do research and security work for him. Howard Spira wasn't the only guy George cozied up with to dig up dirt on people.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Will be interesting to see where he ends up and how much he gets paid.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Have him end up in New England. That should create an entertaining media circus.

BTW what is the going suspension rate for flashing gang symbols?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I really hope he doesnt go to SF

teams really are cracking down on the whole gang affiliation thing

there were teams at the combine or before the combine that wanted pictures of players tatoos so that they could have the FBI look at them and tell them if there were any gang related tatoos

This is because of an active NFL player executing people in New England. I don't blame the NFL on this. The Eagles probably jumped the gun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    This is because of an active NFL player executing people in New England. I don't blame the NFL on this. The Eagles probably jumped the gun, though.
    Either way you have to do some kind of damage control. If Jackson or one of his friends does something stupid while still a member of the Eagles, and then it becomes known that the Eagles were away of his less savory connections...hoo boy...it would be a very bad day in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Either way you have to do some kind of damage control. If Jackson or one of his friends does something stupid while still a member of the Eagles, and then it becomes known that the Eagles were away of his less savory connections...hoo boy...it would be a very bad day in Philly.
    Due diligence yes. But the murder case, unless there are details we don't know, seems more than arms length from him.

A bigger, more immediate question, is why did he have $200K in his house to get stolen a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    teams really are cracking down on the whole gang affiliation thing

there were teams at the combine or before the combine that wanted pictures of players tatoos so that they could have the FBI look at them and tell them if there were any gang related tatoos
    See, I think that is stupid unless you are going to do a metric ton of followup. Might be a lot of mistakes made on that basis.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-28-2014 at 09:17 PM.

The actual total of the cash was said to be $20k... The total of all the goods taken from his safe, including the gems, his handgun, et al was 200k

The actual total of the cash was said to be $20k... The total of all the goods taken from his safe, including the gems, his handgun, et al was 200k
    Well, that's slightly more reasonable.

maybe its just because i'm poor

but why does someone need to have $20,000 in pocket money just lying around?

i wouldn't doubt the robbery threw up a giant red flag. $20k in cash, and a hand gun stolen?

to me that looks suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    It will be. There are supposedly a few teams kicking the tires right now, but they have to be all wondering what the Eagles know that they don't.

PFT is saying a 1yr deal for $6-7M is possible. He was scheduled to make 10.5, did his value drop that much as a result of getting cut by the Eagles? Theoretically, teams should be willing to pay a bit more if they don't have to make a long term commitment.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If I were a millionaire, I'd probably keep some cash around just incase the IRS went batshit on me for some reason. For all we know, he was going to a teammate's house to play poker.

Jeff McLane of the Philly Inquirer isn't buying the gang theory. He maintains nothing in the reports was unknown to the Eagles and other NFL teams well before this offseason and that some of his relationships were known on draft day. He thinks its either convenient (or planted) cover for a decision the coach had already made.

That's a tough call. Leaving Jackson to twist in the wind and burning Joel Segal in the process seems like the kind of thing that could backfire.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...authenticate=y

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    maybe its just because i'm poor

but why does someone need to have $20,000 in pocket money just lying around?

i wouldn't doubt the robbery threw up a giant red flag. $20k in cash, and a hand gun stolen?

to me that looks suspect
    Some of this may be black culture stuff. A lot of my black friends do transactions in cash. I've asked a few guys and it comes down to not 'trusting the man.' (with good reason, eh). Many don't keep money in banks, stuff is stashed at home, people keep shades drawn all day long so people can't see what they have. Seems like Desean's stash is the same behavior writ large.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck