Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    My guess is that no team will want to touch him this season, probably due to a behind closed doors demand by NFL brass to not even think about it. But he'll be on a roster come next season.
    Ditto:

RB Ray Rice Born: January 22, 1987 (age 27), will run the ball in the NFL again unless he elects to retire.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Tags:

' He said that while Goodell had “correctly” set out to address events with the Saints in the broader context of current player safety concerns, he noted that when a “change in culture rests heavily on prohibitions, and discipline and sanctions that are seen as selective, ad hoc or inconsistent, then people in all industries are prone to react negatively — whether they be construction workers, police officers or football players.” He continued: “Rightly or wrongly, a sharp change in sanctions or discipline can often be seen as arbitrary and as an impediment rather than an instrument of change. That is what we see on the record here.” '

Apparently RG wasn't listening. What a shit show this whole thing is. Neither Tags nor Rozelle got mired in this BS, at least not to my recollection. Gooddell is a damn joke and a bad one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Tags:

' He said that while Goodell had “correctly” set out to address events with the Saints in the broader context of current player safety concerns, he noted that when a “change in culture rests heavily on prohibitions, and discipline and sanctions that are seen as selective, ad hoc or inconsistent, then people in all industries are prone to react negatively — whether they be construction workers, police officers or football players.” He continued: “Rightly or wrongly, a sharp change in sanctions or discipline can often be seen as arbitrary and as an impediment rather than an instrument of change. That is what we see on the record here.” '

Apparently RG wasn't listening. What a shit show this whole thing is. Neither Tags nor Rozelle got mired in this BS, at least not to my recollection. Gooddell is a damn joke and a bad one at that.
    Tanier nicely dovetailed Rice (mostly) and Peterson's case to that Tagliabue point by noting that Goodell's MO has been to under-react and the respond to critics by overreacting. We (on this board) had previously called this governance by PR.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tanier nicely dovetailed Rice (mostly) and Peterson's case to that Tagliabue point by noting that Goodell's MO has been to under-react and the respond to critics by overreacting. We (on this board) had previously called this governance by PR.
    Im pretty confident that if it were governance by Packerrats, it would be more coherent, logical, consistent and competent than it currently is.

In RG's defense, this was uncharted ground for the NFL and he had to make it up as he went along. That's why there was no policy for this. In Tags and Rozelle's day, or even earlier in Goodell's tenure, it wouldn't have landed on the internet and attracted national attention, etc. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it did happen and simply got swept under the carpet. Does anyone seriously think, say, Romanowski never decked a chick?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    In RG's defense, this was uncharted ground for the NFL and he had to make it up as he went along. That's why there was no policy for this. In Tags and Rozelle's day, or even earlier in Goodell's tenure, it wouldn't have landed on the internet and attracted national attention, etc. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it did happen and simply got swept under the carpet. Does anyone seriously think, say, Romanowski never decked a chick?
    I agree that the subject and the public reaction to it changed under their feet over time. But other corporations have been dealing with that for years, if not a decade or more. The NFL was clearly behind and had no sold policy to fall back on, only platitudes and a case by case approach.

And there were signs of trouble along the way. One man as judge and appeal needs to be beyond reproach and from simple DUI to DUI manslaughter to Roethlisberger's rape allegations, he has been all over the board and the players let the League know this.

The professionals in the League Office should have seen the trouble the Player Conduct Policy was going to cause (it was intended to deal with the problem with no having a Policy before it) by being so open ended. Compared to the NBA or the MLB, the NFL was woefully unprepared.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Goodell's MO has been to under-react and the respond to critics by overreacting. We (on this board) had previously called this governance by PR.
    governance by Packerrats? You mean like mostly absentee and then arbitrary?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Im pretty confident that if it were governance by Packerrats, it would be more coherent, logical, consistent and competent than it currently is.
    I see you beat me to it, but you still got it wrong.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    society has changed in other ways as well. For example, rape now is defined to include saying 'no' or feeling bad about what happened anytime after the fact, up to four-five decades later (which would describe most marriages).

Except when it's Skinbasket's week to be commish. At that point, Park Ave resembles an atomic testing ground.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    Except when it's Skinbasket's week to be commish. At that point, Park Ave resembles an atomic testing ground.
    With dic pics.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    I have no way to refute this.