Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: vs Patriots Week 13

More Banjo: vs Patriots Week 13

Defense! Defense! Defense!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shields concussion, Lattimore had an ankle I think.

Cardinals losing and would be tied with Packers for best record in NFC if it holds.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    The Pack D won that one without getting a turnover. Pretty damn impressive.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Really gave Aaron some time.

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista 14m14 minutes ago
    You can see amount of respect Belichick has for Rodgers/McCarthy. Talked to both longer than usual after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The Pack D won that one without getting a turnover. Pretty damn impressive.
    Not their usual MO, I agree.

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 21m21 minutes ago Framingham, MA
    Damn. Packers o line has been very good today.

You have to hand it to Bach. he gets beat around the edge once or twice a game but he never quits or gives up and stays glued to the guy. Comes back and plays better as it goes along.

Tough son of a gun mentally. Great find with him, Linsley and Tretter I expect.

Packer bloggers were ReTweeting people bailing on the game after the Pat TD and the subsequent Packer FG.

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 7s7 seconds ago
    The #Patriots offense put up 34 points against the #Lions #1 ranked defense. And #Packers fans are still saying the GB D is not good enough.

Barrington/CM3 were the nickel LB. CM3 was the dime LB. I wonder who wore the headset.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer bloggers were ReTweeting people bailing on the game after the Pat TD and the subsequent Packer FG.

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 7s7 seconds ago
    The #Patriots offense put up 34 points against the #Lions #1 ranked defense. And #Packers fans are still saying the GB D is not good enough.
    Shit. That was when the fun started.

McCarthy Post Game Presser

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11s11 seconds ago
    McCarthy: The end of the game is what you're looking for as a coach. All 3 phases made key plays down the stretch. #NEvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: I thought Aaron (Rodgers) played extremely well. Did a great job extending plays from the pocket & buying WRs extra time. #NEvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Playing against one of the greatest QBs that's played in this generation, it's a big win for us. #NEvsGB

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Barrington/CM3 were the nickel LB. CM3 was the dime LB. I wonder who wore the headset.
    Was Barrington nickel or base? Seemed like he was out there for a lot of the NE run plays.

Was Barrington nickel or base? Seemed like he was out there for a lot of the NE run plays.
    I believe nickel. Will have to see the snap counts later this week.
    Go PACK

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 19m19 minutes ago
    #Packers S Micah Hyde on beating the Patriots: "We told you guys this week it was just another game. We were lying."

Aaron Rodgers Post Game Presser

Green Bay Packers @packers · 15m 15 minutes ago
    #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (24-38, 368 yards, 2 TDs) is now at the podium. Watch live: http://pack.rs/248bn #NEvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 17m 17 minutes ago
    Rodgers: We moved the ball pretty efficiently all day, just kind of stalled in the red zone. #NEvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 16m 16 minutes ago
    Rodgers: They're a matchup defense. They wanted to try to take away Jordy (Nelson), so we tried to get Davante (Adams) involved. #NEvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 14m 14 minutes ago
    Rodgers on TD to Nelson before half: It was big. He made a great catch & he's been great in the open field. Athletic play at the goal line.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 12m 12 minutes ago
    Rodgers: It's another character win for us. Eddie (Lacy) had another great game, some tough running. You have to run the football. #NEvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 11m 11 minutes ago
    Rodgers: Everybody contributed to this win, and that's what we told them in the huddle. #NEvsGB

Rodgers may not be elite because it wasn't a close win or a game winning drive, but he is ahead of Peyton Manning in one category; lifetime record versus Brady.

Rodgers 1-0

Manning 5-11

It's the biggest win for them since the superbowl. Keep the mental edge at Lambeau; beat an elite QB; Defense is not a liability.

Both teams played a good, clean game and the home team held serve by clinching it on the last drive. That's the way it's supposed to look among the best.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Rodgers may not be elite because it wasn't a close win or a game winning drive, but he is ahead of Peyton Manning in one category; lifetime record versus Brady.
    That gets all of the run in the metrics community due to the arbitrary boundaries of said stats but that 3rd down throw to Cobb to kill the game was everything that is clutch.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    That gets all of the run in the metrics community due to the arbitrary boundaries of said stats but that 3rd down throw to Cobb to kill the game was everything that is clutch.
    Going against an earlier post I made... pay the man 9 million and be done with it...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Absolutely. And to be fair, the guy doing to research has been adding to it and trying to weed out defense and other influences. Scott Kascmar is legit and he knows its an outlier but finds it interesting, which it certainly is.

Problem is no other media outlet wants to look at context, they just want to argue and find fault. Kinda what we do here. But I trust the guy to do solid work on it. He acknowleged to Wilde on Twitter that it wasn't the whole story on Rodgers play and had multiple causes.

Don't know much about interception guy at 538, but he seems on the level too, though more convinced his finding should result in changes to approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Patriots 4-10 on 3rd down
    Packers 10-17

Packers defense able to get off the field today.
    I am stealing this for More Banjo. That's a huge deal for a D that usually yields long drives.