Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Rice should just do and say everything Vick said to get reinstated replacing the word "dogs" with "women." If you can manipulate the media to get kicked out you can manipulate them to get back in.
    I believe in 2nd and 3rd chances. I have no problem with Rice & Vick seeking redemption, I hope it is sincere.

Vick was a high profile QB with a lot of flash. Rice is a generic RB. Vick needed money, Rice is set. I don't see Rice coming back.

Protect the Shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The part that bothers me most is the response to mob mentality. Nothing changed from the original suspension to his total ban, other than the video. They knew it was a case of domestic violence, the video didn't change that. But, public perception changed, so then the NFL changes a ruling they had already made.

Sooner or later team will conduct surveys to see who the fans want to be the starters. After all, it's better for the league to give the fans the players they want to see.
    The mob is outside the offices though and they have defied it before: rules changes being the significant one.

From this side of the interent, it looks like the public railroaded the NFL. From inside it might look different. Biscotti (as someone mentioned) and Goodell have both been quoted that they thought it was a slap. If the investigation is actually thorough, maybe we get an answer to whether that is plausible or not.

In either event, basing your discipline on role that the handrail played in knocking out the woman was a bad idea without video. If they handing a standing committee for player discipline, with policies and procedures, they might learn from this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Pro Bowl is not a good example because there's nothing at stake. A storyline has to be created - the league has to give the game meaning.

Does your employer have the right to conduct its own investigation of something you've been accused to doing outside of work?
    Yes.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Now Jonathan Dwyer is done for the year after head butting his wife and breaking her nose.

What has gotten into NFL running backs???

70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Per PFT the Ravens knew all the details on Ray Rice right from the start. Word is they conducted an emergency damage control meeting tonight. More details to come. I should send them a thank you card for getting the media off my teams back as the sharks veer off to them so I can think about football this sunday.

Yep. Ravens execs were briefed twice about the contents of the inside elevator video, including by Rice's criminal defense attorney. At nearly the same time, both the team and the League stopped trying to get the video.

Ultimately, on April 1, the Revel, under subpoena, provided Diamondstein with a copy, and he received the same copy from prosecutors on April 5. By phone, Diamondstein told Cass that the video was "f---ing horrible" and that it was clear "Ray knocked her the f--- out." The lawyer advised Cass that the video, if released, would amount to a public relations disaster for the Ravens and for his client.
    Why did they stop?

In May, the company extended the naming rights and sponsorship agreement with the team for $60 million over 10 years. A source says the bank expressed concerns about the Rice matter to the Ravens after the first TMZ video had become public.
    It's pretty damming. Its makes the Ravens look guilty of a cover up and the League/Goodell look like accessories or incompetent.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...er-goodell-nfl
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I think Czabe's assessments are nearly spot on (go read his post).

Rice admitted to hitting his girlfriend. His fiance acknowledged and sat up there confirming it. The league and police reviewed and provided their punishments.... but since there's a video - you suspend him indefinitely? Rice didn't lie about any of it. It now appears the NFL has, though.
    At this juncture, Czaban's observation is both correct and has been explained.

The NFL had to overreact after it under reacted at the Raven's (and Rice and Wife's behest). The Ravens were worried about the M&T Bank sponsorship. They should have been more worried about possession of the tape and their cover up of their knowledge of it (they knew it wasn't only a slap gone horribly wrong).

If Goodell had any actual power, he would fine the team and suspend Raven's officials for covering up what they knew. He would fine his own NFL Security staff. And then he would reduce his salary or resign for getting so thoroughly played by amateurs. The Ravens got this over the League Office only because he hadn't seen the video.

The only question is whether Goodell participated or was just incompetent and happy to spout platitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Yes.
    Wow. So essentially you're willing to give up any notion of personal freedom and privacy?

Orwell was clairvoyant.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wow. So essentially you're willing to give up any notion of personal freedom and privacy?

Orwell was clairvoyant.
    I am a partner at our firm and we purposefully put a conduct code in our contracts. We want ourselves and our employees to represent our firm well in the community.

We wouldn't fire someone for most offenses but want to make sure we can if we have to.

Also, wisconsin is an at will employment state. We can fire anyone for any reason.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I vehemently disagree with the way this country has gone in the direction of the loss of individual freedom, but I'm going to stop there.

I'd rather talk about what the hell is wrong with the Packer defense.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Ray Lewis on Ray Rice: “There are some things you can cover up…then there are some things you can’t”

Yep. He said that.

Lying Liars Are Lying Again: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-commissioner/

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kraft On His Continued Support for Roger Goodell
    “I’m in his corner,” Kraft tells Jim Corbett of USA Today. “I’ve worked with him for 20 years. He’s hard working, a man of good character and morals. And he’s a solid citizen. I really believe that. He really is a man of integrity. He really has had the best interest of the league [at heart]. And I’ve seen it first-hand. He felt he made a mistake. He corrected it before anything came out.
    Didn't almost the EXACT opposite happen, or am I misreading this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-indefinitely/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...video-emerges/

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Ray Rice has won his appeal and can now sign with any NFL team. Who's going to get him and for how much?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Protect Sam Shields!
    FIFY
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Ray Rice has won his appeal and can now sign with any NFL team. Who's going to get him and for how much?
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that at this time there is no word on any other NFL Organizations expressing an interest in signing Ex Baltimore Raven RB Ray Rice.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Belichick.

Hoody Genius is not afraid of the circus. He signs notorious players all the time. From Corey Dillion to Randy Moss to Tim Tebow to La-la Blount, so long as you got game and you're not indicted of murder, no reason you can't don the red, white and blue.

If the Packers shut down the Pats run game on Sunday, you can bet Rice will be the first person Belichick calls.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 11-28-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Its amazing that a guy who there is a video of him knocking out his wife, now looks like a victim because of how badly the NFL has fucked this up

FIRE GOODELL!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is that no team will want to touch him this season, probably due to a behind closed doors demand by NFL brass to not even think about it. But he'll be on a roster come next season.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

HA!

It would be much funnier if someone hadn't been beaten to expose this point. Goodell understands leadership, policy construction and adherence as well as I understand the Poincaré conjecture and solution.

In other words, Roger Goodell is, in a very basic and fundamental way, unqualified for his job. Tagliabue nailed it, from a slightly different angle, that Goodell thinks he is a benevolent emperor but does not understand that even Caesar had limits to his power. The League is doing too well to be bothered by this much, but he is just a talking hairdo at this point.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...own-pr-devices

Tags Take (goes back to Bountygate): http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/sp...pagewanted=all