Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
Results 1,301 to 1,314 of 1314

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Blog Entries
    I think he still have stuff left in the tank but he's looking for as much money as he can get and his attitude is marginal. I'd pass
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    why would anyone want him? he's a giant head case and a distraction for his team. he's a horrible teammate, he's blamed almost every single member of his team over the last couple years for him sucking, and he gets less then 4 yards per carry

you can get that our of a mid round rookie for like 350,000 a year

someone might take a flyer on him for cheap, but my guess is his career is very close to being over
    Yup, my guess too. He might be able to extend his career in a Tomlinson-like fashion if he's willing to swallow his pride but at this point I'd bet he's asking a lot more than a team will pay him for that type of a role.

I wonder how much of his speed he has retained? Maybe he can return kicks!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Patler woulda given Scott Wells more!
    No, not even close.
    I argued at the time that retaining Wells was more important than keeping Finley, because they had no one on the roster ready to step in for Wells. I mistakenly thought that Quarless would be ready to play in 2012, but if not they had lots of guys to catch the ball. A TE doesn't have to be one of them.

But, I wasn't in favor of an offer even as much as Wells got from the Rams, because he was either injured or nursing what were borderline significant injuries for years. When they talked that kind of money, I said let him go.

I admit to liking the Saturday signing. I thought he still had a year or two left. He didn't.

when you have a qb like rodgers you pay his protectors more...if they're worth it. just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well, when you look at the way things work a lot of times. if you're a tackle in college, and you can't cut it as a tackle in the pro's, then you move to guard

if you then can't cut it as a guard, or if you were a guard in college but can't cut it there in the pro's, you move to center
    To answer both your points, center isn't as important in college as it is in the NFL. Although you do bring up valid food for thought. In college a lot of centers are undersized try hard guys who can't cut it in the pros, but that doesn't diminish their role in the NFL.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    No, not even close.
    I argued at the time that retaining Wells was more important than keeping Finley, because they had no one on the roster ready to step in for Wells. I mistakenly thought that Quarless would be ready to play in 2012, but if not they had lots of guys to catch the ball. A TE doesn't have to be one of them.

But, I wasn't in favor of an offer even as much as Wells got from the Rams, because he was either injured or nursing what were borderline significant injuries for years. When they talked that kind of money, I said let him go.

I admit to liking the Saturday signing. I thought he still had a year or two left. He didn't.
    I'm just teasing, you see. I was watching the NFL network where they do all those Top 10 lists. I was stunned when they did the Top 10 Packers of all time and Scott Wells was #7!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    To answer both your points, center isn't as important in college as it is in the NFL. Although you do bring up valid food for thought. In college a lot of centers are undersized try hard guys who can't cut it in the pros, but that doesn't diminish their role in the NFL.
    I prefer former wrestlers, or guys who lived in my childhood hometown of Cherokee Iowa.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Chris Johnson is at the Jets’ facility

The Jets are the Randall Tex Cobb of being able to absorb PR punishment. This can only end badly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 52m
    Vikings claim Terrell Manning off waivers http://wp.me/p14QSB-9sAU
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chris Johnson signs a two yr. deal with the Jets. Haven't seen the terms of the contract announced yet.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 10m
    i can confirm that sidney rice re-signed with the seahawks because i read his tweet

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 10m
    i can confirm that sidney rice re-signed with the seahawks because i read his tweet
    I confirm your confirm PB! Thats two sources right?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 52m
    Vikings claim Terrell Manning off waivers http://wp.me/p14QSB-9sAU
    About time they did their annual dip in the ex-Packer player pool!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    About time they did their annual dip in the ex-Packer player pool!
    LOL so true. It must be written in the CBA that any Packer that leaves via FA will end up either with Reggie McKenzie in OAK, John Dorsey in KC, or MIN.