Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Posted February 21, 2014

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/21/nfl-fre...y-rumors-2014/

NFL free agency: Latest rumors, buzz

NFL Free Agency ... By SI.com Staff

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 25m
    Report: Seahawks plan to cut DE Red Bryant to create cap space for DE Michael Bennett http://wp.me/p14QSB-9pZi
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Doc Jennings will not be tendered.

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/statu...87500791832579

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

He was beat so many times, he's already been tenderized.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Damn. Sick burn mraynrand.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He was beat so many times, he's already been tenderized.
    His other nickname is McCormick.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, at least someone in the Packer front office can send a message.

Last year, Raji and his agent, David Dunn, turned down an offer from the Packers that was for $8 million per year and contained in the range of $20 million in guarantees.

As Raji's mediocre season unfolded, the Packers rescinded their offer.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...#ixzz2uIAka4iO
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

good to hear

I wonder if MM was partly referring to Raji when he said this at his season ending PC:

“Well, I'm not going to get into specifics of conversations and this and that. But I think when adversity hits, people go one way or the other, so a lot of it was good, some of it wasn't so good. And with that, when you set a path, and particularly with the program, it's about the program. Everybody has to buy into the program, and when you do that, you're able to get through times like we were able to get through this year. But also, things show up that you may not think were there. With that, it just gives you more information, gives you more of an opportunity to grow.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

When I read it at the time, I believed he was referring to Raji or Shields. I guess it was Raji.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I wonder if MM was partly referring to Raji when he said this at his season ending PC:
    I think most people, writers and Datone Jones included, think MM was referring to Raji. I don't see him coming back, unless he is shamed in free agency. But I don't think he will be - someone will take a chance on talent like that. He strikes me as one of those guys who will get a good contract from a team like the old Raiders or the Vikings or Jets, have one really good year, then play down to the level he displayed this year since he's got his contract in his pocket.

I'd like to see them sign Pickett for another year if he's affordable. Again, maybe someone will spot him a big contract, just for his limited snaps and his locker room character.

I'm not hearing much about Jolly. Not at all. I wonder what his condition is, medically?

And when MM says things like “In planning, I want to be more multiple"

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...#ixzz2uKjvrt99

What the hell does that mean, exactly? He said it in relation to Sam Barrington, I think. But what the fudge does that mean? When I see "I want to be more multiple" I think of Bretsky's fantasies.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Its a defensive scheme. It means we might actualky line up in a 4-3 from time to time. (!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think most people, writers and Datone Jones included, think MM was referring to Raji.
    After seeing Jones's comments, I felt M3 was referring to Raji as well. Guys usually know what's going on in their own position group. I'm willing to bet Raji started making comments to the effect that he wasn't going to do anything to injure himself in a contract year because their season was shot anyhow. Those comments probably bubbled up to M3's ears.

What the hell does that mean, exactly? He said it in relation to Sam Barrington, I think. But what the fudge does that mean? When I see "I want to be more multiple" I think of Bretsky's fantasies.
    Maybe he just meant that it would be nice to be able to stop run and pass, and not pick one.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I think most people, writers and Datone Jones included, think MM was referring to Raji. I don't see him coming back, unless he is shamed in free agency. But I don't think he will be - someone will take a chance on talent like that. He strikes me as one of those guys who will get a good contract from a team like the old Raiders or the Vikings or Jets, have one really good year, then play down to the level he displayed this year since he's got his contract in his pocket.

I'd like to see them sign Pickett for another year if he's affordable. Again, maybe someone will spot him a big contract, just for his limited snaps and his locker room character.

I'm not hearing much about Jolly. Not at all. I wonder what his condition is, medically?

And when MM says things like “In planning, I want to be more multiple"

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...#ixzz2uKjvrt99

yeah, i think it means we're also going to need a whole slew of 4-3 guys to go a long with all the 3-4 guys

good thing most of our guys are already better fits for the 4-3

just more playing time for more guys

and since we're all talk right now about changing up everything on defense

i'd like to recommend that we dump the shitty zone coverage that has been burning us over and over again for years now

its obviously too complicated for the players and coaches we have

Doesn't mean 4-3 personnel or even that alignment. Remember McCarthy also said they had plans for different packages that went by the wayside when Jones and then Matthews got hurt.

McCarthy is saying you can't not use what you have on the sideline even if someone is injured. So if you had a plan for Psycho with Jones and Matthews rushing from the same side, you can't stop using that D if Matthews is hurt. Injuries cannot make you be simple. Mostly because the Packers rarely are assignment sure when young.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Doesn't mean 4-3 personnel or even that alignment. Remember McCarthy also said they had plans for different packages that went by the wayside when Jones and then Matthews got hurt.

McCarthy is saying you can't not use what you have on the sideline even if someone is injured. So if you had a plan for Psycho with Jones and Matthews rushing from the same side, you can't stop using that D if Matthews is hurt. Injuries cannot make you be simple. Mostly because the Packers rarely are assignment sure when young.

But this doesn't make sense to me. Is MM saying that, even if his preferred starters get hurt, he still wants to run the same very complex schemes with a bunch of rookies and guys who were on the DL last year?

If so, that's a recipe for even more of the communication breakdowns that lead to a wide receiver strolling into the end zone with the ball while two Packer defensive backs argue about who was supposed to take the guy. Unless one of the Packers slipped and is laying on the ground, thirty yards away, only to later tell reporters it wasn't clear that it was his guy to cover.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

But this doesn't make sense to me. Is MM saying that, even if his preferred starters get hurt, he still wants to run the same very complex schemes with a bunch of rookies and guys who were on the DL last year?

If so, that's a recipe for even more of the communication breakdowns that lead to a wide receiver strolling into the end zone with the ball while two Packer defensive backs argue about who was supposed to take the guy. Unless one of the Packers slipped and is laying on the ground, thirty yards away, only to later tell reporters it wasn't clear that it was his guy to cover.
    Its tough to parse. But it can still be very simple. You can still run only the basic concepts, but like McCarthy does with his offense, you swap out bodies to get different match ups.

So with Jones and Neal on the field at the same time, Neal might always be the interior pass rush and Jones at OLB/DE. You could go four OLBs with Daniels and Jones and play nickel. The only thing that would need to change is question of who rushes and who drops back. You put Hawk and DB in and take Jones and OLB out and play psycho dime.

Same defenses, different personnel.

What is clearer is what Capers does now. Defined packages and groups. Outside of injury, you know if they call base, nickel or dime who will be where. Even fans can tell you this. Blitzes are standard with exceptions for occasional slot/corner or safety blitz. Offenses plan for this and scheme and use formation to out matchup them (especially first two 49er games) to create mismatches (Perry on WR, Gore on ILB, etc.). To combat this and provide solid coverage, Capers relies on some pattern reading and some complex rules in the secondary to reign in what offenses are trying to do. This is where injuries and youth hurt them. They often blow those adjustments.

If the Packers had the talent to overwhelm (2010) it wouldn't matter. Capers can call a good enough game and scheme to put players in a good spot and if they make plays, everything is OK. But the big talent edge (Collins/Woodson) is gone. And the INTs that used to bail them out have disappeared.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its tough to parse. But it can still be very simple. You can still run only the basic concepts, but like McCarthy does with his offense, you swap out bodies to get different match ups.

So with Jones and Neal on the field at the same time, Neal might always be the interior pass rush and Jones at OLB/DE. You could go four OLBs with Daniels and Jones and play nickel. The only thing that would need to change is question of who rushes and who drops back. You put Hawk and DB in and take Jones and OLB out and play psycho dime.

Same defenses, different personnel.

What is clearer is what Capers does now. Defined packages and groups. Outside of injury, you know if they call base, nickel or dime who will be where. Even fans can tell you this. Blitzes are standard with exceptions for occasional slot/corner or safety blitz. Offenses plan for this and scheme and use formation to out matchup them (especially first two 49er games) to create mismatches (Perry on WR, Gore on ILB, etc.). To combat this and provide solid coverage, Capers relies on some pattern reading and some complex rules in the secondary to reign in what offenses are trying to do. This is where injuries and youth hurt them. They often blow those adjustments.

If the Packers had the talent to overwhelm (2010) it wouldn't matter. Capers can call a good enough game and scheme to put players in a good spot and if they make plays, everything is OK. But the big talent edge (Collins/Woodson) is gone. And the INTs that used to bail them out have disappeared.
    I think you're right. Less volume but more variance by cross training players to avoid injury. I don't expect the scheme to look different either.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    PBMax (or anyone else),

Are you suggesting that - say on 3rd and 15 - the Packers will mix up the personnel but still have a dime package (6 dbs).....OR that they will use dime sometimes and other times use psycho or some other package (so rather than maybe two lineman an OLB and a DB pass rushing as might happen in dime, they might sometimes have 4 dbs and rush 5 or six, but the rushers would be two linemen and 3 OLBs).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck