Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Saints release Lance Moore. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...orleans-saints

They apparently decided that Moore is less.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

That Finley report sounds a day or two ahead.

PFT reported this week his Doc and Neurologist were out of the country, returning today. Goal was to be examined and cleared to train by Tuesday, next week. Saturday is the start of legal tampering (i.e. contact with other teams). But signatures on contracts can't happen until next Tuesday.

Team Docs still need to make the call on him actually playing in a game though.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-07-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think he just meant that he's masturbating.
    Yeah, he's too young to be concerned about the bowel movement type of blessing, so your guess might be spot on.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 3h
    Confirming @JasonLaCanfora report: Source tells @FOXSports1 that Matt Cassel deal is for 2-year, $10 million with @Vikings
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Confirming @JasonLaCanfora report: Source tells @FOXSports1 that Matt Cassel deal is for 2-year, $10 million with @Vikings
    anyone else think it's a little bizarre the way that turned out? He opts out of a contract with the team then resigns with them? Granted, for more money, but I thought he wanted out.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Jared Allen had a nice interview last week and noted his focus was going to a winner with a very established GM, QB. Noted his focus is not money but trying to win it all

Denver, Seatttle, New England, San Fran, and Green Bay came to mind
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Did he name those teams or did you? I'd be surprised if he'd have much interest in becoming an OLB at this point in his career. NE seems like a perfect landing spot.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

lets hope the vikings in all their wisdom resign ponder for about 15 or 16 per year too

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    anyone else think it's a little bizarre the way that turned out? He opts out of a contract with the team then resigns with them? Granted, for more money, but I thought he wanted out.
    There are a lot of Patriot connections to Cassell, O'Brien and Penn State so Matt must have bought into Norv and Zim. Plus, the odds of the Vikings taking a QB high are probably lower than the Texans grabbing one. Less competition.

That Finley report sounds a day or two ahead.

PFT reported this week his Doc and Neurologist were out of the country, returning today. Goal was to be examined and cleared to train by Tuesday, next week. Saturday is the start of legal tampering (i.e. contact with other teams). But signatures on contracts can't happen until next Tuesday.

Team Docs still need to make the call on him actually playing in a game though.
    i just don't buy it. everyone else that has had that operation has been out for at least close to a full year, even the ones that had the "less risky" c4-c5 and c5- c6, fusions were out for around 10 or 11 months

so finley is now cleared in, what, 3 or 4 months? i don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i just don't buy it. everyone else that has had that operation has been out for at least close to a full year, even the ones that had the "less risky" c4-c5 and c5- c6, fusions were out for around 10 or 11 months

so finley is now cleared in, what, 3 or 4 months? i don't buy it
    Cleared in this circumstance would be cleared to return to physical activity, like training. And even that could be limited to running or swimming and no weighs, etc.

"legal" tampering begins in just over an hour, agents will be legally allowed to shop their players to teams before the tuesday free for all begins.

no contracts can be signed before tuesday, but deals can be negotiated and "agreed to"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Did he name those teams or did you? I'd be surprised if he'd have much interest in becoming an OLB at this point in his career. NE seems like a perfect landing spot.
    No..that was me....he's smarter than to name any specific teams
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
    A #Saints player tweeted as if Pierre Thomas was released, as well. At this point, he was not. Could happen, also could be back on new deal

Do the Saints, if the Tweet is true, have any RBs left?

Hoo boy will Atlanta be prepared for the change from Tony to Jermichael?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 54s
    We writers do not assume based on Tweets. Right, @mneal96? RT @JermichaelF88: Good Morning ATL! (Thanks for the heads up, @stditka.)

EDIT:
    Just a wedding! No negotiating allowed during nuptials but you can discuss scheme fits during the dance.

Michael Neal ‏@mneal96 2m
    @jasonjwilde @JermichaelF88 @stditka lol wedding day for @MoBetta_42

Jermichael just tweeted that he will do the waltz and the salsa, but will not do the hokey-pokey because it requires him to move into the middle of a large group of dangerous people at some point. He says that he's tuned in perfectly to his dance partner on all this.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I've sussed it out. Ian Rapoport is the pipeline for David Dunn. Explains he detailed info on Raji and general info on Packers (Rodgers and Matthews).

wrong thread...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 8m
    Bucs announce their release of OL Davin Joseph, after being unable to real him. Jags have signed DL Red Bryant, as @AdamSchefter reported

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1h
    First tidbit of #Packers FA news today. No deal yet for veteran DT Ryan Pickett but he's been in touch with them and will continue to talk.