Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

SI.com does have him as the top defensive FA available

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/07/2014-nf...gent-bargains/

1. LaMarr Houston, DL (Oakland Raiders)

It’s not known why the Raiders, in desperate need of great players all along their roster and with $65 million in cap space, haven’t sewn up one of their few legitimately high-quality homegrown prospects. But Houston said last December that he feels the Raiders are ready to move on without him, a notion that head coach Dennis Allen doesn’t share. At 6-foot-3 and 300 pounds, Houston is amazingly versatile — he can play three-tech tackle, end and even outside linebacker with consistency and effectiveness. Houston bagged a career-high six sacks last season, plus 27 quarterback hurries. And if playing in Oakland has decreased his profile enough that he’s not seen as a near-elite player around the league, someone’s going to get an enormous bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    The National Football Post's Aaron Wilson reports the Packers are interested in free agent DE Arthur Jones.

They're also interested in Lamarr Houston, perhaps indicating GM Ted Thompson will finally emerge from his annual free-agency hibernation this year. Jones is drawing a ton of interest, also being connected to the Titans, Giants, Redskins, and Vikings. He'll probably command $7 million per year or more.
    TT doesn't really hibernate, he is more like a cicada. He only surfaces every few years to sign a high dollar FA

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Nah I've seen this guy play, I see him more as the next Cullen Jenkins.
    If we pay him the FA contract it will probably take to get him, I sure hope he is better than Jenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If we pay him the FA contract it will probably take to get him, I sure hope he is better than Jenkins.
    gotta wonder why a team with 65 or 70 million in free cap space isn't trying to keep him, if he's really any good

its not like the raiders don't need good players

Well the last time we signed an ex-raider it worked out pretty well.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

If those stories are citing "League Source", as Andrew Brandt reminded everyone recently, remember its another job title for an agent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

the titans are going to try and trade chris johnson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...chris-johnson/

who the hell in their right mind would trade anything for a running back, that you would then have to pay 8 million dollars to, who only averaged 3.9 yards per carry last year, and blames everyone but himself?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 30m
    If you thought Everson Griffen #Vikings deal ruled out Jared Allen, you’re right. Agent Ken Harris said Allen & Vikes parted ways last night
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h
    It is is confirmed and official. Jets are releasing CB Antonio Cromartie, as he tweeted.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 4h
    For all the coach speak about how important running and stopping the run are, very low FA buzz surrounding RBs and 2-down ILBs.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4h
    The 5-year contract for #Vikings DE Everson Griffen is for $42.5M with $20 guaranteed. Pass-rushers are getting paid, too, along with CBs

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4h
    Presumed interest in Jairus Byrd from Browns hasn't materialized yet http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qEM

Chris Wesseling
    ‏@ChrisWesseling
    Best team-player fit among free agent defensive linemen? I'm going to send Lamarr Houston to Green Bay as Raji's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chris Wesseling
    ‏@ChrisWesseling
    Best team-player fit among free agent defensive linemen? I'm going to send Lamarr Houston to Green Bay as Raji's replacement.
    thats all well and good if we sign him, but it still doesn't fix our biggest hole on defense SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIN to ink Everson Griffin (who I think would make a good 3-4 OLB) for 5yr/42.5M. Could be a good piece in Zimmer's D.

Edit: I see pbmax beat me to it.

Reports coming out of Tennessee that if CJ does not take a pay cut (he's already said he won't) that he'll be traded or cut. lol at the idea of a trade - who's buying an $8m middle of the road RB?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

LT musical chairs going on. all should be in the 7-8 million a year range

brenden albert to the fins
    rodger saffold to the raiders
    Jared Veldheer to the cards

and for those that have never seen veldeer before

he's the small guy on the left

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
    MT @ebenezersamuel: Giants not alone in Quarless hunt. Six other teams involved, and Packers working to keep him. Rising star. L.I. product.

I am not buying this in any shape or form.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h
    Am told TE @Quarless81 has been in touch with more than a half dozen teams, including the #Packers. Don't know where he'll land yet.

Nope. Still not.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-10-2014 at 12:23 AM.

If anyone has a subscription to Packer Report, would love to know what he is adding to this story:

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h
    Source Confirms #Packers Interest in Jones (with context on what signing would mean) http://gnb.scout.com/2/1382547.html#...XImH-0.twitter

Dammit how did the Packers let the Bear hire competents?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h
    Report: Bears expect to sign DE Michael Bennett http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qGl

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h
    No surprise here, but #Packers are not one of the teams to show interest in S Jarius Byrd so far.