Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Santonio Holmes is looking for work. I've always been a fan and after a couple of shit seasons in NY he might be one of those Charles Woodson types of guys you can buy low with. He turned 30 a week ago.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Bennett was roughly a 4 year $32 million deal by the last reported offer from Seattle. At the time, it was thought Bears were offering more.

EDIT: via PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-other-teams/

Bennett will make $28.5 million over four years. He gets $10 million in 2014, $16 million through the first two years, and $21 million over three.

Of the total, $16 million is guaranteed. It’s unclear how much is fully guaranteed beyond the first year.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-10-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h
    Was told last night current price for Jairus Byrd was $8 mil, TJ Ward $7 mil and Donte Whitner $6 mil per season. No idea where it is today.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3h
    Agent for Raiders FA DL Lamarr Houston said Packers have not called about his client

For any other team, I would say this closes the book. But since its the never a FA Packers, I think this could be confirmation he is going to GB.

roFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h
    Report: Bears, Browns, Jets suitors for Donte Whitner, whom San Francisco wants to retain http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qHR

Begin foaming at mouth, NOW!

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 2h
    Bryant said he was going to green bay and then kansas city and the Redskins were interested before signing with #Jaguars.

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 1h
    Massive DE Red Bryant said today that he was to visit #Packers (Sun) & KC (Mon) before he decided Fri to go with Jax (4 yrs, $17M), Bradley.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-10-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
    One team showing very real interest in #Ravens DE Arthur Jones is the #Colts. The interest is mutual. Jones has gotten a lot of play so far.

Jason LaConfora, in the one place I can say mentions it specifically, say the Packers like Jones and doesn't even mention Houston. I wonder if Houston rumors are a McKenzie/Thompson link, more than a matchup a player and suitor. Giants also mentioned for Jones.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...b-markets-slim

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 52m
    No medical clearance yet for pending free agent Jermichael Finley, who nonetheless figures to take multiple visits (and physicals) this week

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3h
    Agent for Raiders FA DL Lamarr Houston said Packers have not called about his client

For any other team, I would say this closes the book. But since its the never a FA Packers, I think this could be confirmation he is going to GB.
    I'll be confused if Houston is in play, but it sure looks that way. Good young player that hasn't missed a start in 4 years, Raiders have a ton of cap room. Why isn't he signed?

If this was a few years ago, I'd say he just wanted out of Oakland and told his agent not to answer the phone when they called, but they shouldn't be as dysfunctional with Al gone and Reggie running the show.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ maybe Oakland is looking for someone else to set the number? Crazy idea, but maybe they think others will offer Houston less than he thinks Raiders should give him. Then they come back and offer a little more and they actually get a better deal.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 52m
    No medical clearance yet for pending free agent Jermichael Finley, who nonetheless figures to take multiple visits (and physicals) this week
    For the low, low price of $500,000, I can set him up with an ortho doc who will clear him tomorrow!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

RT @rvacchianonydn: I've heard free-agent C Evan Dietrich-Smith could sign quickly tomorrow. Giants are the favorites, from what I can tell.

Louis Delmas going to the Dolphinss.

Bears release Michael Bush.

David Baas released by Giants, who are rumored to be interested in EDS.

Micael Bennett turned down 2 teams who offered more money than the Seahawks, only the Bears were known to have made an offer.

Houston isn't signed because he wants to get to free agency and get the most money he can and/or go to a team that isn't horrible.

Speculated contract for Houston from CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-target-prices

Defensive end Lamarr Houston
    Contract package: Five years, $45 million
    Guaranteed money: $22.5 million
    First three years: $28.5 million

Bonus Speculation:

Tight end Jermichael Finley
    Contract package: One year, $5 Million (fully guaranteed)

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Speculated contract for Houston from CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-target-prices

Defensive end Lamarr Houston
    Contract package: Five years, $45 million
    Guaranteed money: $22.5 million
    First three years: $28.5 million

Bonus Speculation:

Tight end Jermichael Finley
    Contract package: One year, $5 Million (fully guaranteed)
    If that first 28 has 12ish in the 3rd year I'd say that seems about right.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-s...9423--nfl.html

AP Source: Steelers to cut LB Woodley

By WILL GRAVES (AP Sports Writer) ... 2 hours ago

AP - Sports
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Was told last night current price for Jairus Byrd was $8 mil, TJ Ward $7 mil and Donte Whitner $6 mil per season. No idea where it is today.
    If that's true, we should be able to get one of those guys if the feeling is mutual. I was expecting higher numbers.

Louis Delmas going to the Dolphinss.

Bears release Michael Bush.

David Baas released by Giants, who are rumored to be interested in EDS.

Micael Bennett turned down 2 teams who offered more money than the Seahawks, only the Bears were known to have made an offer.
    RE: " David Baas released by Giants, who are rumored to be interested in EDS. " Fr. pbmax post

Surely Aaron Rodgers has informed management he'd like a center he's developed some rapport with..ie Evan Dietrich - Smith

what will be the cost though to retain E D-S with others in the bidding for his services?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

then for me its, yes, yes, and yes

to fix our biggest need on D with a pro bowler for between 6 an 8 million a year....

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!