Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just think the Raiders are so bad that their players aren't willing to re-sign with them unless there is a hometown premium.
    Go PACK

Anyone else see this?

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1382902.html

Jared Allen - I don't think so.

Moved from one thread into the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 2h
    I'm told wide out James Jones receiving heavy interest from the Detroit Lions & New York Jets...Green Bay Packers may still be in the mix..

Silverstein has gone with this twice now so he is not just throwing this out there. Still not sure if its a source other than Ian Rapoport. You would think so, given there is no citation given.
    Silverstein has gone with this twice now so he is not just throwing this out there. Still not sure if its a source other than Ian Rapoport. You would think so, given there is no citation given.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From Jeff Darlington, the list the NFL sent out about Salary Cap space yesterday.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 19m
    Colts look like favorites to land Arthur Jones http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qMN

if were not players in the free agent frenzy today for a safety, watch for the eagle, bears, browns, lions, titans, steelers, cowboys and rams do in the next couple of days

these are the teams drafting ahead of us with safety needs. obviously, if they sign a free agent safety, then they won't have to draft one high

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if were not players in the free agent frenzy today for a safety, watch for the eagle, bears, browns, lions, titans, steelers, cowboys and rams do in the next couple of days

these are the teams drafting ahead of us with safety needs. obviously, if they sign a free agent safety, then they won't have to draft one high
    Scuttlebutt around here is that the Eagles might be players for Ward or Byrd. Byrd to reunite with college coach? Makes sense.

Yeah, saw Owen Daniels released, and I started to think hmmmmm...until I realized he's 31, coming off an injury, and averages about 4rec/40yds a game. At 6-3 250 he's not big or a bruising blocker either.
    They can probably get that from a lot of guys.

Sounds like Dansby is heading to Cleveland.

The Browns are reportedly poised to use free agency to bolster their linebacking corps.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports that he’s “hearing” the Browns and Cardinals free agent linebacker Karlos Dansby have the workings of a four-year, $24 million deal, with $14 million guaranteed.

Multiple reports have the Browns as a serious suitor for Dansby, with NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reporting that Cleveland had become the top candidate to land the 32-year-old linebacker, who projects inside in the Browns’ 3-4 scheme.

Dansby filled up the stat sheet for Arizona in 2013, notching 122 tackles, defending 19 passes, recording 6.5 sacks and intercepting four passes. He returned a pair of picks for scores.

Dansby checks in at No. 23 on PFT’s Free Agent Hot 100. He is the top-ranked inside linebacker in free agency. If the deal with the Browns is finalized — and it cannot even be officially offered until 4 p.m. Eastern — he will be counted upon to replace the production of the departed D’Qwell Jackson, who signed with Indianapolis last week after being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Sounds like Dansby is heading to Cleveland.
    Factory of sadness continues. They cut D'Qwell after he finally got healthy and seemed to be playing well. Did they do it for cap reasons? No, they sign an older player to a near identical contract. Plus they likely have dead money from cutting D'Qwell.

Why not just keep him?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Factory of sadness continues. They cut D'Qwell after he finally got healthy and seemed to be playing well. Did they do it for cap reasons? No, they sign an older player to a near identical contract. Plus they likely have dead money from cutting D'Qwell.

Why not just keep him?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...in-for-jackson

Karlos Dansby steps in for D'Qwell Jackson

March, 11, 2014 ... 4:23 PM ET

By: Pat McManamon | ESPN.com
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h
    The Arthur Jones deal averages $6.6 million a year and includes $16 guaranteed. That's huge money. Colts always willing to spend.

The Dansby deal makes me annoyed we are not signing him.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 31m
    Have confirmed the #Packers have tendered LB Jamari Lattimore at $1.431 M. I think they were convinced they might lose him if they'didn't.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 31m
    Have confirmed the #Packers have tendered LB Jamari Lattimore at $1.431 M. I think they were convinced they might lose him if they'didn't.
    Good. I saw enough him to think he should be tendered, and I was surprised they didn't do it a couple of weeks ago.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Good. I saw enough him to think he should be tendered, and I was surprised they didn't do it a couple of weeks ago.
    This doesn't really count as a free agency move. Hell if it were sex, it wouldn't even be a stinky finger.

I must say, at least it's been fun to watch Minnesota give out absurd contracts to Linval Joseph and Everson Griffen though.

Quote Originally Posted by PlantPage55 View Post
    I must say, at least it's been fun to watch Minnesota give out absurd contracts to Linval Joseph and Everson Griffen though.
    just an FYI, they're saying the same thing about us resigning shields

bears fans too

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    just an FYI, they're saying the same thing about us resigning shields
    Maybe so, but they're the ones who keep watching us win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by PlantPage55 View Post
    It's always fun to watch them hang themselves. Although I always feel bad for AP, I think he's a helluva player and deserves a decent team.