Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    RT @rvacchianonydn: I've heard free-agent C Evan Dietrich-Smith could sign quickly tomorrow. Giants are the favorites, from what I can tell.
    giants are going to be having some buyers remorse early in training camp

Speculated contract for Houston from CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-target-prices

Defensive end Lamarr Houston
    Contract package: Five years, $45 million
    Guaranteed money: $22.5 million
    First three years: $28.5 million
    no thank you then, thats WAY WAY to much money for a 3-4 lineman

another site has houston listed as the biggest bargain in free agency right there with james jones. for 9 million, thats no bargain

the only other FA i would want to pay more then 6 million a year at this point would be a safety

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    no thank you then, thats WAY WAY to much money for a 3-4 lineman

another site has houston listed as the biggest bargain in free agency right there with james jones. for 9 million, thats no bargain

the only other FA i would want to pay more then 6 million a year at this point would be a safety
    Is this what Houston wants, or did he sign with someone?

I say let the market play out now...see what Quarless, Neal, EDS are looking at. Decide what they're worth, and if you get outbid, then wave goodbye. If they fall into what you think is their worth, then re-sign them. Same with James Jones, though I suspect he'll get a bigger contract than what the Pack can afford.

Reserve enough to re-sign Nelson, save enough to make a run at Cobb, set aside your rookie draft pool and "emergency" money, and if you've got any left, after a week of FA see if anyone's left whom you think can help this team.

Let Raji dangle...and dangle...and dangle. If he doesn't get an offer elsewhere, make him come crawling back with a ball gag in his mouth.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

I say let the market play out now...see what Quarless, Neal, EDS are looking at. Decide what they're worth, and if you get outbid, then wave goodbye. If they fall into what you think is their worth, then re-sign them. Same with James Jones, though I suspect he'll get a bigger contract than what the Pack can afford.

Reserve enough to re-sign Nelson, save enough to make a run at Cobb, set aside your rookie draft pool and "emergency" money, and if you've got any left, after a week of FA see if anyone's left whom you think can help this team.

Let Raji dangle...and dangle...and dangle. If he doesn't get an offer elsewhere, make him come crawling back with a ball gag in his mouth.
    Raji with an apple in his mouth on a Hawaiian silver plater, with hula dancers!
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

it was speculation by the site PB linked, another site aid he would be the biggest bargain in free agency

agree on raji and the others

if the others are getting offers close to what TT is willing to pay, then resign then, if they're getting 2 or 3 million more, then let them go

let raji come crawling if he comes back

looks like the bears are going into desperation mode after missing out on bennett and are prepared to throw all their money at lamaar houston

houston is a 4-3 end coming off his "breakout year" where he totaled a massive 6 sacks for the season

if the bears want to blow their wad on him to be a pass rushing 4-3 end and peppers replacement, then i say.....

sweet

I can't imagine Houston will be the biggest bargain in FA in any conventional sense of the word. There has to be a reason the Raiders, with that kind of cap room, haven't signed him. He has to have interest and the agent wants to see the numbers on paper.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I sort of have the feeling that these Raiders free agents realize just how much cash the team has to spend and they want to go out and get the largest offers to take bake to Mom and Dad for matching.

As for how good the guy is, I know he had a ton of pressures. It seems unlikely that he'd be so effective at pressuring the QB in 2014 without having his sack total rise (toward the mean)

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I sort of have the feeling that these Raiders free agents realize just how much cash the team has to spend and they want to go out and get the largest offers to take bake to Mom and Dad for matching.

As for how good the guy is, I know he had a ton of pressures. It seems unlikely that he'd be so effective at pressuring the QB in 2014 without having his sack total rise (toward the mean)
    I'm wondering that as well about the Raiders - so much cap room, their FAs are probably all looking for a little more. They have a chance to get competitive, they just have to play a bit of moneyball.

Of course, what's the chance of that with this guy owning them
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I just think the Raiders are so bad that their players aren't willing to re-sign with them unless there is a hometown premium.
    Go PACK

Anyone else see this?

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1382902.html

Jared Allen - I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    then for me its, yes, yes, and yes

to fix our biggest need on D with a pro bowler for between 6 an 8 million a year....

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes if that's what the market will bear for those three safetys.

What's left now is to get one of them to want to be a Green Bay Packer.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-partner-found

NFL Rumors: Bucs to cut Darrelle Revis if no trading partner found

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

March 10, 2014 11:04 pm ET
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-partner-found

NFL Rumors: Bucs to cut Darrelle Revis if no trading partner found

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

March 10, 2014 11:04 pm ET
    OK more on this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...neers/6278951/

Bucs' plan for Darrelle Revis: Trade, restructure or cut

Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY Sports 11:46 p.m. EDT March 10, 2014

and:

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/03/10/dar...ay-buccaneers/

Buccaneers prepared to part with Revis

Dumping Revis would be stunning end in Tampa Bay

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-11-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    hmmm, sounds a little like us

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK more on this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...neers/6278951/

Bucs' plan for Darrelle Revis: Trade, restructure or cut

Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY Sports 11:46 p.m. EDT March 10, 2014

and:

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/03/10/dar...ay-buccaneers/

Buccaneers prepared to part with Revis

Dumping Revis would be stunning end in Tampa Bay

GO PACKERS !
    I don't get this at all. They gambled on him, giving up a first and fourth in hopes that he's come all the way back from his ACL tear. He did, the fourth turns into a 3rd and they are considering just dumping him now? Seems like they're throwing away a pretty valuable resource there. Maybe the market considers $16m just too high for a CB?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't get this at all. They gambled on him, giving up a first and fourth in hopes that he's come all the way back from his ACL tear. He did, the fourth turns into a 3rd and they are considering just dumping him now? Seems like they're throwing away a pretty valuable resource there. Maybe the market considers $16m just too high for a CB?
    New GM.
    New head coach.
    New defensive philosophy perhaps not as well suited to Revis.
    $0 dead money if Revis is traded or released.
    With Revis' salary you could sign a couple pertty good FAs, maybe more.

Moved from one thread into the correct one.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 2h
    I'm told wide out James Jones receiving heavy interest from the Detroit Lions & New York Jets...Green Bay Packers may still be in the mix..

Silverstein has gone with this twice now so he is not just throwing this out there. Still not sure if its a source other than Ian Rapoport. You would think so, given there is no citation given.
    Silverstein has gone with this twice now so he is not just throwing this out there. Still not sure if its a source other than Ian Rapoport. You would think so, given there is no citation given.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    New GM.
    New head coach.
    New defensive philosophy perhaps not as well suited to Revis.
    $0 dead money if Revis is traded or released.
    With Revis' salary you could sign a couple pertty good FAs, maybe more.
    Yes. In the Lovie Tampa 2, you generally spend modest money on your CBs.

From Jeff Darlington, the list the NFL sent out about Salary Cap space yesterday.