Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm thinking the Packers are going to either draft Calvin Pryor or another safety or they will roll with Micah Hyde at safety. It's cost-effective. They'll dip their foot in the water to see if they can get some bargain FAs. If not, they'll use the money to extend Nelson and Cobb. It's pretty much that simple. If you keep reloading the live FA blog on ESPN waiting for something to happen, I'd suggest you take a walk outside, hang out with the kids, or start that next project because the Packers are probably not going to get involved on the first day. I do expect them to look into some deals in about a week or so though.
    Nah, I don't expect the Packers to do anything. I've just been kind of half-ass paying attention in order to see what the other teams are doing and to see if any crazy contracts are being handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Nah, I don't expect the Packers to do anything. I've just been kind of half-ass paying attention in order to see what the other teams are doing and to see if any crazy contracts are being handed out.
    How about this:

OT Rodger Saffold | New team: Raiders | Old team: Rams | Deal: 5 years, $42.5 million, $21M guaranteed

for a GUARD.

Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko 2h
    ??? RT @SoftliSTL: Source in Oakland Raiders organization confirmed that Saffold will play OG in 2014
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Free agent Golden Tate will visit the Lions Tuesday night.

The LIONS are looking for help for WR Calvin Johnson. Golden Tate is very athletic can also help in the return game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5583/golden-tate
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I think the Saffold and perhaps the Griffin contracts have been the two head scratchers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3h
    Cal guy like @AaronRodgers12, right? RT @AdamSchefter: Falcons Pro Bowl safety Thomas Decoud to be released by 4 pm EST, per source.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 56m
    The @NFL’s transaction wire is out. DeMarcus Ware is on it. Among those not on it? Chris Johnson. Julius Peppers. Steve Smith. #Staytuned

I agree PB and Harvey. Saffold and Griffin look to be the most ridiculous contracts so far. I also thought the Falcons giving 33 mill./5 years to Paul Soliai was a little bit much. He's a good player but that's a lot of cash to give a 30 yr. old NT. The Falcons front three with Jackson, Babineaux, and Soliai could be a pretty good front in a 3-4 D although Babineaux was a DT in a 4-3 and he's also 32 yrs. old.

I'm actually a little surprised at how reasonable some of these other deals have been so far. (Ward, etc.) I thought with the cap increase, the amount of money some of these teams have available, and the normal 1st day craziness we'd see some more head scratchers.

another possible upgrade at safety off the board

bethea signs with the 49ers for between 5 and 6 a year for 4 years

Blog Entries
    I'm curious where the other CB's fall; I don't think anybody would argue Sam Shields was the best out there.....but I'm still GLAD they kept him
    Free agency always appears to be bad news for Packer fans
    The good news is in Aaron Rodgers we have about the most dominant player in the game who nearly assures us of a spot in the playoffs each year.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm curious where the other CB's fall; I don't think anybody would argue Sam Shields was the best out there.....but I'm still GLAD they kept him
    Free agency always appears to be bad news for Packer fans
    The good news is in Aaron Rodgers we have about the most dominant player in the game who nearly assures us of a spot in the playoffs each year.
    I'd argue that he is as good as anybody out there, if you aren't counting Revis. It's close between Shields, Davis, and Verner, but I wouldn't take those two without question over Shields. I'm surprised that Shields is so underrated for a guy that has made so many big plays in big games. I know he got a bad rep the year he wouldn't tackle anybody, but he seems to have gotten over that the last couple of years.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Mitchell got 5y/$25M with $14M guaranteed. I'd rather save that money for Nelson, Cobb, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Mitchell got 5y/$25M with $14M guaranteed. I'd rather save that money for Nelson, Cobb, and the like.
    I agree that seems a little high for Mitchell. He was kind of a bust with Oakland and then had a decent year with Carolina last year, (4 ints.) which he parlayed into this new contract with the Steelers. I think his productivity last year was partially due to Carolina's excellent all around D.

I think his productivity last year was partially due to Carolina's excellent all around D.
    Yes.

I agree that seems a little high for Mitchell. He was kind of a bust with Oakland and then had a decent year with Carolina last year, (4 ints.) which he parlayed into this new contract with the Steelers. I think his productivity last year was partially due to Carolina's excellent all around D.
    tj ward was cheaper

thats a bad deal

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    tj ward was cheaper

thats a bad deal
    Ward was 4 year deal with same guaranteed. Mitchell is longer deal with worse average unless I have become completely confused.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ward was 4 year deal with same guaranteed. Mitchell is longer deal with worse average unless I have become completely confused.
    shit i didn't look at the years, just the other numbers

the real bad news is that the eagles and bears have filled other holes but still have not fixed their holes at safety

they both badly need safeties and both draft ahead of us in the draft

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3221/darren-sproles

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints are no longer planning to release Darren Sproles, and now plan to trade him "due to heavy interest."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6505/andrew-Hawkins

Browns signed restricted free agent WR Andrew Hawkins to a four-year offer sheet.

The Bengals will have ten days to decide whether to match the deal and keep Hawkins in Cincinnati.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h
    Source tells PFT that Donte Whitner's deal with the Browns averages $7 million per year.

S Donte Whitner | New team: Browns | Old team: 49ers | Deal: 4 years, $28 million

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11m
    Safety market... RT @MikeKlis T.J. Ward gets 4 years, $23 million; $14 million guaranteed

S Antoine Bethea | New Team: 49ers | Old Team: Colts | Deal: 4 years, $26 million

S Malcolm Jenkins | New team: Eagles | Old team: Saints | Deal: 3 years, $16.25 million, $8.5M guaranteed
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-11-2014 at 06:33 PM.