Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1314

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    FIXED
    We will have our revenge this year when he makes THE jump.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3h
    No idea what make of: RT @JermichaelF88 I 'm striving toward this acting thing. I'm definitely gonna work hard on that whatever comes my way
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No, Bretsky, Brad Jones is a situational player. I think there are a couple particular situations in which he can be effective. You think there are no situations in which he can be effective. Either way, he's situational. See?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We will have our revenge this year when he makes THE jump.

One stop forward...three steps back
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No, Bretsky, Brad Jones is a situational player. I think there are a couple particular situations in which he can be effective. You think there are no situations in which he can be effective. Either way, he's situational. See?
    Situationally sub par....just like Newhouse
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Newhouse makes Gary Brown look like Jonathan Ogden.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It seems Finley is done. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Newhouse makes Gary Brown look like Jonathan Ogden.
    Now that is just mean. No one is that bad.

(Long Live Bruce Wilkerson!)

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3h
    No idea what make of: RT @JermichaelF88 I 'm striving toward this acting thing. I'm definitely gonna work hard on that whatever comes my way
    He's taking acting lessons from professional soccer players so he can convince the refs that he's been molested by a safety when he's actually merely gotten a bump on the arm.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he looked horrible the few times he got in there late in the year

i held my breath every time i saw him out there because i knew we couldn't loose anymore qb's

it also made me wonder about sherrod. why, if he has any future, and he was suppose to be completely healthy at the end of last year, was he not the main backup instead of newhouse. i mean, i think i remember one play where he didn't even get out of his stance before his guy was around him and on top of a-rod.

he was a disaster imo. he may not have bitched when he got demoted, but his work effort when he was on the field last year made raji look like "overachieving employee of the year"
    Yea, watching Marshall do his best matador imitation and seeing Sherrod on the bench bothered me. Now, knowing stubby, he doesn't like to use guys who haven't practiced much over guys who have...he continually gave MD Jennings the start only to bench him for Richardson. Its his thing. I hate his thing, but it least it gives me hope that Sherrod isn't an entirely lost cause. Truth though, we will know the whole answer by the end of TC this year.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

by that time sherrod will be on IR again

Hush, Red. Don't be talking that way.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    It seems Finley is done. Alas.
    I thought that was Sharper
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Is Flynn still on the team?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Is Flynn still on the team?
    FA

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1h
    Blog post about Packers remaining cap space and possible upcoming costs: http://tinyurl.com/nw9m8jb

Short version: about $14 mil

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1h
    Blog post about Packers remaining cap space and possible upcoming costs: http://tinyurl.com/nw9m8jb

Short version: about $14 mil
    I'm lazy: does that include rookie salaries?

can someone explain to me why "real reporters" keep saying this shit?

The Packers are trying to sign at least a couple more of their free agents; likely will need between $5 million and $7 million for their rookie class; and likely will try to extend the contracts of receivers Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson, perhaps among others, sometime this year.
    how the fuck do you even come close to this number?

the salary cap counts the 53 or 55 guys on the roster with the highest cap number

our 1st round pick last year (datone, #26 overall) had a cap number of about 1.5 million. our second rounder cost 600,000, and the numbers go down for each player from there. tretter counted 500,000 for a 4th rounder, hyde counted 450,000, sam barrington, a 7th rounder, cost 360,000 against the cap

so to add up, one guy making 1.5 million, and about 9 guys averaging about 450,000 each =

so there their stupid 5.6 million dollar number

the problem is, those guys are going to be replacing 10 guys that are already on the roster, who at worse are making the minimum. so rounds 2-7 are gonna be close to a wash, you're replacing minimum wage guys with other minimum wage guys. the only guy who will move the cap space is the first rounder. and guess what, he'll be at worse, replacing another minimum wage guy, so at the most the cap space would move about a million bucks for the whole draft class.

am i missing something, because every national guy and everyone who follows them keeps chirping about how you need 5 to 7 million in cap space to devote to your draft class

is there some weird rule, where rookie contracts don't displace other guys already on the roster?

anyone?

and where does this clown get 14 million from, both my sites for cap space (which are both pretty damn accurate, have us with more then 16 million, even after the starks signing. must be nice to be a packer beat writer. don't have to know jack shit, can just make up things out of thin air (14 million), and just spout off your opinion as fact and anyone that dares question you is an ignorant fool who isn't "in the loop", and take home a nice paycheck.

so all i have to say. wheres my fucking money?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm lazy: does that include rookie salaries?
    no it doesn't. but its all wrong anyways. it may as well be an article on the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    nm