Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1314

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Cracker Barrel has rockers outside that they sell, so the tags make sense. Good eye Iron Mike.
    are they from Pier One?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Kudos to the Texans to get that - he was definitely on his way out, I'm surprised they convinced a team to give them anything. Does he have a favorable contract?

just checked - far from it, $10mil base, $14M cap hit because of LTBE bonuses. What the hell were the Raiders thinking trading for that??? All they had to do was wait until he was released, and sign him for a Matt Cassel level contract.
    They traded for the exclusivity. The trade wouldn't of happened if shuab had refused to renegotiate his contract.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    They traded for the exclusivity. The trade wouldn't of happened if shuab had refused to renegotiate his contract.
    there have been no reports about that arrangement

usually it become know well in advance of a trade that the player would be willing to take a pay cut (like chris johnson) or the player will announce he won't take a cent less (revis), making a trade impossible

we heard nothing from schaub

plus, the raiders almost need him to count his 10 or 11 million against the cap. the raiders are somewhere around 31 million under the cap, with no real yong talents to resign, and all the high priced free agents on the market already gone. its almost impossible for them to get near the cap floor without them just handing out money to guys like schaub this year

one thing the raiders can do, which hasn't been talked about much, is he can be cut immediately, with no cap hit for the raiders. so they pretty much spent a 6th rounder to see if last year was just a fluke, or if schaub is completely done. also, if the raiders get franchise QB early in the draft, then they can just flat out dump him if they want
    Last edited by red; 03-22-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

usually it become know well in advance of a trade that the player would be willing to take a pay cut (like chris johnson) or the player will announce he won't take a cent less (revis), making a trade impossible

plus, the raiders almost need him to count his 10 or 11 million against the cap. the raiders are somewhere around 31 million under the cap, with no real yong talents to resign, and all the high priced free agents on the market already gone. its almost impossible for them to get near the cap floor without them just handing out money to guys like schaub this year

one thing the raiders can do, which hasn't been talked about much, is he can be cut immediately, with no cap hit for the raiders. so they pretty much spent a 6th rounder to see if last year was just a fluke, or if schaub is completely done. also, if the raiders get franchise QB early in the draft, then they can just flat out dump him if they want

Excellent points.

The Raiders have agreed to trade a late-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft to the Texans in exchange for quarterback Matt Schaub. He is currently on his way to Oakland for a physical.

The move is the latest in an attempt by Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie to win now and bridge the gap so that last year’s and this year’s upcoming draft picks are the centerpieces in the future. Nine of the 10 players the Raiders have signed this month are all at least 29 years old but their contracts are easy to get away from after the 2014 season if need be.
    Throw in their need to use up 2014 cap space, and it makes sense for the Raiders.

The Raiders don't *have* to use cap space per se. They should use it if it would improve their team. If it makes their team worse, it makes no sense. (The penalty for being under the floor is that you have to pay out the delta to get back to the floor in one manner or another.)

Our offensive line is now doomed, Newhouse has been signed by the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Our offensive line is now fixed, Newhouse has been signed by the Bengals.

FIXED.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m
    Woody Johnson mention, of DeSean, interest "at the right price" and "if he fits into the culture of our locker room." Questions persist.

Owners should be seen and not heard in football matters. What is the purpose of answering this question? Why publicly answer a question: "Maybe".
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Why publicly answer a question: "Maybe".
    I dunno
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Raiders QB Matt Schaub restructured deal with OAK, lowering base salary and cap # this year; still can earn $15-$20M the next two seasons.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m
    Woody Johnson mention, of DeSean, interest "at the right price" and "if he fits into the culture of our locker room." Questions persist.

Owners should be seen and not heard in football matters. What is the purpose of answering this question? Why publicly answer a question: "Maybe".

I would not want anything to do with Jackson; he was a hard negotiation last time and now that he has most of his guaranteed money he comes back and wants more THREE years before his deal is done. If I were the Eagles I'd do the same. His own team has had enough of his antics
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm with you, Bretsky. Screw that kind of drama queen.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

agreed, d-jack is a grade A POS

him and chris johnson our the current poster boys for the "me first" nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I would not want anything to do with Jackson; he was a hard negotiation last time and now that he has most of his guaranteed money he comes back and wants more THREE years before his deal is done. If I were the Eagles I'd do the same. His own team has had enough of his antics
    Where did you read that he wants to redo his contract? Because most of the noise about his possible departure seems to be that the team really doesn't want that cap hit/cash outlay on the team any more.

This article says the Eagles decided to pull the plug weeks ago (single sourced, so buyer beware): http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...month-ago.html

Where did you read that he wants to redo his contract? Because most of the noise about his possible departure seems to be that the team really doesn't want that cap hit/cash outlay on the team any more.

This article says the Eagles decided to pull the plug weeks ago (single sourced, so buyer beware): http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...month-ago.html
    It doesn't seem at all clear why they want rid of him - just that Maclin and Cooper were both extended this off season, so it seems one of those 3 will be squeezed out.

You would think DeSean would attract at least a little attention on the open market - Percy Harvin certainly did, and it seems you'd expect a bit more guaranteed production out of Jackson. Not much official noise outside of the Jets, although it's unclear if teams are allowed to talk about him...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

They can't talk about him as he is under contract. There are rumors about the Jets, 49ers and Seahawks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-is-elusive/

Pretty sure the 49ers and Seahawks arent interested.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Pretty sure the 49ers and Seahawks arent interested.
    they did both come out and say they absolutely weren't interested

Yep, and Nick Saban wasn't going to leave the Dolphins either. Not all rumors are true, but not all denials are either.