Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1314

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Looks like Burnett and Richardson starting at safety in Week 1 doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Or Hyde. Or Banjo. Or Dix/Pryor if they are within range. Who knows.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I like that a lot more than Jennings/McMillian. But It's pretty thin after that with Banjo and nothing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I like that a lot more than Jennings/McMillian. But It's pretty thin after that with Banjo and nothing.
    Agree it's better than last year's Week 1 combo of Jennings/McMillian. FWIW I think TT will draft a safety, I'm just not convinced they'll be the starter in Week 1.

I suspect Ted will draft a safety or 2 next month that will push Richardson, Hyde and Banjo.

I would hope it will be Hyde or rookie starting opposite of Burnett.

Richardson's not horrible, but yeah, I hope he's providing depth and not starting.

I wonder if Richardson has any room for improvement, or if what we saw late last year is what we'll get.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    As a specimen it doesn't get any better than Richardson. Hope he got a talent transfusion in the offseason.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    As a specimen it doesn't get any better than Richardson. Hope he got a talent transfusion in the offseason.
    I prefer planaria or newts.

Planaria: you can cut their head in two down the middle and what do you get? Two heads:

Newts: you can do this cool experiment where you cut off the hand at the wrist, then sew the wrist onto the torso. Then you cut off the arm at the shoulder. And dammit if a new hand doesn't grow out of the amputated arm!
    Last edited by mraynrand; 04-03-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I prefer planaria or newts.

Planaria: you can cut their head in two down the middle and what do you get? Two heads:

Newts: you can do this cool experiment where you cut off the hand at the wrist, then sew the wrist onto the torso. Then you cut off the arm at the shoulder. And dammit if a new hand doesn't grow out of the amputated arm!
    Not sure I agree. Because as you have clearly demonstrated in your experiments their reactions times are for shit.

Back to Richardson for now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I feel sad for newts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder if Richardson has any room for improvement, or if what we saw late last year is what we'll get.
    Good question. Richardson seems like he's more of a SS, which means Burnett plays FS. Not sure that's the preferred arrangement but I expect TT will draft a S or two, and Capers will come up with ways to use them. I hope.
    Maybe Burnett at FS and Richardson at SS on early downs, with Burnett sliding to SS and Hyde at FS on passing downs?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
    Also today, @RavensInsider reports Owen Daniels signing 1-year deal with #Ravens. Had previously met with GB (before Quarless re-signed).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Good question. Richardson seems like he's more of a SS, which means Burnett plays FS. Not sure that's the preferred arrangement but I expect TT will draft a S or two, and Capers will come up with ways to use them. I hope.
    Maybe Burnett at FS and Richardson at SS on early downs, with Burnett sliding to SS and Hyde at FS on passing downs?
    I foresee Hyde and Burnett lining up at safety and being largely interchangeable. You can make an argument that their skill sets are both that of a tweener.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Didn't see this posted anywhere..."Chris Johnson was officially released by the Titans today." I'll be curious to see where he ends up and how much he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Didn't see this posted anywhere..."Chris Johnson was officially released by the Titans today." I'll be curious to see where he ends up and how much he gets.
    Last speculation I heard was Jeff Fisher and the Rams might kick the tires on him. Heard there were several teams looking into making a trade, my guess is taking on the contract (or the asking price) was too much.

Also heard Lovie traded WR Mike Williams to the Bills for a R6 pick. Thought it was a pretty good deal for a talented WR, then I remembered he's on a 2nd contract, had injuries and had rumors of being a bit of a head-case. Not a Desean level of nutso, at least. He'll fit in great with Stevie J.

Blog Entries
    Williams...heard the interview by the guy who re signed him in TB. He came off a banner year and has made some bad choices in last year. It sounds like he just got pulled over or made a real bad choice a few days ago and TB said enough. Bills got a real good talent for a 6th .....if he finds his head again.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Alex Mack (Center) has the offer sheet from the Jaguars matched by the Browns.

$46M contract with $26M guaranteed, the highest guarantee of any free agent signed this season! What are we paying Tretter, $500k? This seems unbelievable for a Center.