Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Green Bay Packers 7 Round Mock Draft

2014 Green Bay Packers 7 Round Mock Draft

We begin with a trade with the Cleveland Browns...

Packers trade: 1st round pick (21st )

Browns trade: 2nd round pick (35th) and 3rd round pick (71st)

2nd Rd. 35th pick TE TROY NIKLAS (Notre Dame)

STRENGTHS Outstanding size with a well-proportioned, muscular build. Big target over the middle and in the red zone. Athletic with flexible hips and knees to run the full tight end route tree. Bursts into routes and stretches the seam. Good hands. Has playmaking ability. Lined up flexed and in-line. Good potential as a blocker. Bends his knees, shuffles and fans rushers wide. Works well in tandem and can combo block effectively. Takes care of his body and maintains low body fat. Has NFL bloodlines.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...las?id=2543628

2nd Rd. 53rd pick FS MARQUESTON HUFF (Wyoming)

STRENGTHS Lean, athletic build. Fluid and sudden with terrific balance. Outstanding speed -- carries receivers vertically and flies around the field. Sudden plant and drive. Can elevate to contend in the air and make athletic interceptions. Does not hesitate to support the run. Scheme versatile. Sharp mentally. Three-year starter. Rose to the occasion against better competition and produced big against Nebraska.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...uff?id=2543776

3rd Rd. 71st pick OLB Jeremiah Attaochu (Georgia Tech)

Strengths
    Good burst off the snap. Heats up the edge and runs the arc. Quick inside move. Disruptive ability. Motor runs hot -- keeps coming after the quarterback and chases hard from the back side. Moves well laterally and can zone drop. Has experience in even and odd fronts, having played defensive end and stand-up linebacker. Power-leverage potential. Mature and intelligent. Cares about the game and prepares like a pro. Arrow pointing up (will be a 21-year-old rookie).
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...chu?id=2543717

3rd Rd. 85th pick ILB PRESTON BROWN (Louisville)

STRENGTHS Outstanding size. Physical tackler. Steps downhilll and attacks the run with the proper shoulder. Good eyes and instincts. Delivers some pop on contact and strikes with force. Experienced three-year starter. Good football intelligence -- makes the calls and lines up a defense.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...own?id=2543814

3rd Rd. Compensatory pick for Greg Jennings DT Brent Urban (UVA)

Strengths
    Looks the part -- has stature on the defensive line thanks to a long, well-proportioned physique with relatively little body fat. Has ideal dimensions for an odd front and has a large wingspan that enables him to disrupt passing lanes (nine PBUs in eight games as a senior). Engages quickly off the snap, jolts blockers and gains extension. Can stack and shed or press single blocking and generate push. Flashes disruptive ability. Can slide inside as a nickel rusher to cave the pocket.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ban?id=2543765

4th Rd. 117th pick DE TAYLOR HART (Oregon)

STRENGTHS Terrific size and length. Good eyes and awareness. Plays on his feet. Holds his ground at the point. Gains extension and can stack and shed. Collapses the pocket. Good range and pursuit effort. Closes hard. Strong wrap tackler (very good production) -- snares ball carriers and drags them to the turf. Good soldier who falls in line willingly and has clean character. Three-year starter.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...art?id=2543747

5th Rd. 149th pick WR CHRIS BOYD (Vanderbilt)

STRENGTHS Excellent frame. Chews up ground with long strides. Controls his body and uses size to his advantage. Good hands -- extends to catch off his body. Adjusts to throws. Good potential as a blocker -- can engage and stalk. Good work ethic.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...oyd?id=2543679

6th Rd. 181th pick QB JEFF MATHEWS (Cornell)

STRENGTHS Experienced, four-year starter. Very good arm strength. Good decision maker -- works through progressions. Fine accuracy and placement -- places the ball well. Highly intelligent, extremely determined, vocal team leader with an intricate command of the offense. Is given a lot of pre-snap responsibility to read defenses and audible into the right play. Three-time team captain (first in Cornell history). Outstanding football intelligence. Fiery on-field temperament. Challenges his teammates. Good eyes, anticipation and awarenesss. Coach on the field. Is very tough and battles through injuries. Outstanding production -- re-wrote the school's record books.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ews?id=2543797

6th Rd. Compensatory pick for Erik Walden C Corey Linsley (Ohio St)

Strengths
    Stout base. Works to re-anchor. Jolting punch. Strong upper body to latch onto and control defenders in short area. Generates movement in the run game. Understands angles and positioning. Excellent weight-room strength -- bench-presses 500 pounds and squats a small house. Smart and dependable. Communicated all the line calls and checks. Is tough and will play hurt. Hardworking team captain with leadership traits.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ley?id=2543631

7th Rd. 213th pick CB BENNETT JACKSON (Notre Dame)

STRENGTHS Good height and hands (former WR). Tough and durable. Has special-teams experience. Team captain with leadership traits and solid football and personal character.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...son?id=2543834

MAKE IT HAPPEN TED!!!
    Last edited by Brandon494; 02-27-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Uh, dude, you got that 6th round compensatory pick for Erik Walden all wrong.

The Packers have to give up a sixth rounder for getting Indy to take him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    An amazing piece of work. I think I say this every year, but I wish I paid attention to college football so that this time of year I'd have something to say. I do appreciate the guys to give a look at.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I could get excited about a draft like this. Seems both realistic and also a reasonable prediction based on TT's past. One exception though is Chris Boyd. I'm sure I could get over the accessory to rape thing if I heard him tell the story, but he's also in a really weird extra slow Side Rice kind of mold. He got it done on the field in the SEC but somehow its hard to imagine Ted not finding something wrong with him.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Are we actually getting a 3rd for Jennings?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Conservatively most seem to be guessing a 4th but we still don't know for sure.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

fuck no

in theory we should, but we never get what we should

it'll be a 4th

Reasonably big contract and played all year. Of all the recent disappointments, his case is pretty strong. Limited by mediocre year and no awards. I'd still bet 4th, but its the best case for a 3rd in a while.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I could get excited about a draft like this. Seems both realistic and also a reasonable prediction based on TT's past. One exception though is Chris Boyd. I'm sure I could get over the accessory to rape thing if I heard him tell the story, but he's also in a really weird extra slow Side Rice kind of mold. He got it done on the field in the SEC but somehow its hard to imagine Ted not finding something wrong with him.
    His speed was a concern for me as well and I almost went with Kevin Norwood (Alabama) http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ood?id=2543689 with that pick but I Chris Boyd game reminds me a lot of Marques Colston. My main reason for drafting him because we were horrible in the red zone last season, having him and Niklas would provide Rodgers with some big targets to throw to. I can almost hear it now... Rodgers to Boyd for the TD!!!

Who knows after we got screwed last season but from what I've been reading we are projected to get a 3rd.

Of course the Packers will not get a third for Jennings. The hell with the big contract he signed; the hell with him playing all season. He didn't put up big enough numbers (thank you sucky Viking QB's), though that won't stop the NFL gods from giving some other team that lost a similar player a third rounder.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Mike Wallace is the only player deserving of a 3rd rounder, if Jennings doesn't get one.

Based on that fact, it seems more likely we do get bumped to a 3, but I still have my money on the 4th rounder.

Blog Entries
    GOTTA GIVE KUDOS to a GREAT JOB on this !!!!

Would still have liked to see one or two of my Badger Boyz in here; They are going to be way better than the combine stuff.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I like it, good job. I like going with one of the athletic TE's in the draft with our first pick. A lot of good Wr's though, I would like to pick one higher than the 5th.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Who knows after we got screwed last season but from what I've been reading we are projected to get a 3rd.

Packers Projected for 3rd and 6th Round Compensatory Picks

By Jason Hirschhorn  @JBHirschhorn on Feb 9 2014, 4:00p

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...ensatory-picks

Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski sees Green Bay receiving an extra third and sixth round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I like it, good job. I like going with one of the athletic TE's in the draft with our first pick. A lot of good Wr's though, I would like to pick one higher than the 5th.
    I tried to go heavy on defense after taking a TE with the 1st pick but I could see them taking a WR in the 3rd or 4th round depending on what they do in FA.

Ok, one more question. If your scenario plays out, the Browns have 3 1st round picks in a deep draft....will they still suck due to management chaos?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Ok, one more question. If your scenario plays out, the Browns have 3 1st round picks in a deep draft....will they still suck due to management chaos?
    Vikings had 3 first rounders last year and they are still umm... yeah...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

this isn't the first time the browns have changed management, and they're always a mess

gotta be something in the water, probably the same stuff that causes lake erie to burn

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this isn't the first time the browns have changed management, and they're always a mess

gotta be something in the water, probably the same stuff that causes lake erie to burn
    http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/...nt?oid=3709320

You Can’t Escape the Curse of Cleveland: It’s Not Just About Sports, People

by Chris Clem

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...y-of-cleveland

The Ultimate Sports Curse: The City of Cleveland

By Jim Folsom , Analyst ... May 15, 2010
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau