Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's in your glass?

What's in your glass?

Borrowing a thread idea from a homebrewer's list, starting a thread about what everyone is drinking during the draft (making it on topic so it can stay in the football forum!)

I'm starting off with a wheat beer I've got on draught. It was supposed to be a Hefe, but the stupid thing cleared up. That's just my warm-up though, next in line is a Heady Topper!
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27039/16814/
    First time, really looking forward to it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

i'm going really fancy for tonight, i gota 12er of labatt blue

i was thinking of woody when i picked it out

i had a couple different beers from the hideout brewery out of grand rapids last week. not bad

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm going really fancy for tonight, i gota 12er of labatt blue

i was thinking of woody when i picked it out
    red that beer (Labatt blue) is popular out west....ie Alberta

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this but I swear by a new Molson product called Molson "M". It's a light microcabonated beer that's smooth and has little to no after taste and it's light or an approx.12 oz bottle (341 ml) has "only' 75 calories.

Mae and I were enjoying Miller Genuine Draft and Molson Export but have switched to Molson"M" and it's deliscious and very refreshing clean beer.

We also drink Highballs with:

Gibson's Finest Rye Whiskey (12 Year Old)...great with 7-Up and Ginger Ale on the rocks:

and lately it's Rum and Barbados - Mount Gay Rum and Pepsi on the rocks. Here is a pic of our liquor cabinet (in our dreams):

In the mornings we drink a lot of chocolate milk.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

New Belgium Rampant.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Absolut Citron and orange juice. Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace View Post
    Absolut Citron and orange juice. Go Pack Go!
    you want to make sure you don't remember our pick?

not a bad strategy

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    you want to make sure you don't remember our pick?

not a bad strategy
    HAHA...it worked last year

Crooked Stave Surette.
    C.H.U.D.

Just say no to the 'M' Woody! Micro-carbonated, wtf is that? The concept is up there with downloading more ram.

Had another of my wheat beers, moving onto a Kilanna's El Dorado Red. Watching the Habs and Bruins go into the third at 0-0 and keeping an eye on a draft ticker.
    --

Now that both Pryor is gone and Ha-Ha is going to be gone, I am aiming to forget...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Wisconsin Amber followed by sparkling water.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Bacardi and coke.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The Heady Topper was all I expected, btw. I highly recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on some - paid handsomely for it, but don't regret it at all.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Just say no to the 'M' Woody! Micro-carbonated, wtf is that? The concept is up there with downloading more ram.

Had another of my wheat beers, moving onto a Kilanna's El Dorado Red. Watching the Habs and Bruins go into the third at 0-0 and keeping an eye on a draft ticker.
    OK fill your boots on this beer knowledge and Molson "M".

http://worldofbeer.wordpress.com/201...%E2%80%9D-huh/

" ... Molson M is “injected with CO2 through smaller, finer bubbles with precision and consistency to attain a level of carbonation that we believe to be close to perfection.” ..."

I'm keying one the word "perfection" and have two thumbs up. I'm a simple beer drinker. Not simply a beer drinker.

This beer is really fresh to the taste and not heavy and there's very little aftertaste all which Mae and I like.

I really cannot imagine tiring of this beer Guiness. It's great with food. It came out about three years ago and sold for about $28.00 a case back then and we've got it for anywhere between $32.95 - 34.95 in the stores in our area.

The HABS lost soon intoOT after a scoreless three periods.

I'm not surprized and simply hope this series stays close and well "of course" see the Montreal Canadiens win.

I wasn't planning on much participation in this Draft but I was wrong.

Mae watched the hockey game and sdaid that bot goalies looked very sharp. She said PK Subban played a very physical game banging Briuns all over the ice. She said he paid for that with the attention of the game officials and a penalty.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK fill your boots on this beer knowledge and Molson "M".

http://worldofbeer.wordpress.com/201...%E2%80%9D-huh/

" ... Molson M is “injected with CO2 through smaller, finer bubbles with precision and consistency to attain a level of carbonation that we believe to be close to perfection.” ..."

I'm keying one the word "perfection" and have two thumbs up. I'm a simple beer drinker. Not simply a beer drinker.

This beer is really fresh to the taste and not heavy and there's very little aftertaste all which Mae and I like.

I really cannot imagine tiring of this beer Guiness. It's great with food. It came out about three years ago and sold for about $28.00 a case back then and we've got it for anywhere between $32.95 - 34.95 in the stores in our area.

The HABS lost soon intoOT after a scoreless three periods.

I'm not surprized and simply hope this series stays close and well "of course" see the Montreal Canadiens win.

I wasn't planning on much participation in this Draft but I was wrong.

Mae watched the hockey game and sdaid that bot goalies looked very sharp. She said PK Subban played a very physical game banging Briuns all over the ice. She said he paid for that with the attention of the game officials and a penalty.
    lol! You're buying that marketing buzzword? Read to the bottom of that very same blog post and the guy who's writing it says he has no idea what they're talking about! I've tried it, thought it was familiar - and in a blind comparison to Canadian found they were identical.

Heck of a game tonight - both goalies stood on their head. I was more than happy with the split in Boston, but now they go back there all tied up.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    lol! You're buying that marketing buzzword? Read to the bottom of that very same blog post and the guy who's writing it says he has no idea what they're talking about! I've tried it, thought it was familiar - and in a blind comparison to Canadian found they were identical.

Heck of a game tonight - both goalies stood on their head. I was more than happy with the split in Boston, but now they go back there all tied up.
    Guiness it's been some time since I drank a Canadian.

I don't really get it but right now I really enjoy this Molson "M". I'm generally somewhat fickle with my desires for beer. I've drank so many different ones in my adult lifetime. I used to collect different brands when In was travelling to the states a lot.

The hockey game last night. I wore my Irish Green Habs hat all day yesterday and also a carey Price T-shirt and damn if I didn't watch a second of that game. I feel guilty as "H" but this draft just sucked me in again.

Mae watched and hollered and hooted for both of us. she loves the Montreal Canadiens to.

After the game she made me feel a tad guilty. If I was cheering hard for the HABS might they have scored the OT goal!?

I hope the next game isn't Sat. afternoon. I want to give it 100% of my attention as it will be a battle.

I hope that PK Subban has the best game of his life. Max Pacioretty gets on track. Carey Price is solid and we'll ( Les Habitants) be OK.

So you're all too fucking high brow to drink the beer that made Milwaukee famous? Sounds like draft day 25 years ago for the LosAngels Rams. I got a PBR in my hand and by "a" I mean a 6 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    So you're all too fucking high brow to drink the beer that made Milwaukee famous? Sounds like draft day 25 years ago for the LosAngels Rams. I got a PBR in my hand and by "a" I mean a 6 pack.

I've drank a lot of this stuff in years past.