Thread: Official We no longer draft BPA thread

Official We no longer draft BPA thread

Just when I was getting used to tolerating TT, he does this. He's much better at BPA than reaching IMO

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Might change with this choice.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

So who exactly are we passing on since we are reaching on our picks? He hasn't drafted BPA in a while now, the last few drafts have been for need.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    BPA?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    So who exactly are we passing on since we are reaching on our picks? He hasn't drafted BPA in a while now, the last few drafts have been for need.
    You mean that its been a while since HaHa and Adams? Yes its been a while

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    You mean that its been a while since HaHa and Adams? Yes its been a while
    True but they also filled a need, both will be starters for us this season. Yes Adams will start over Boykins I believe.

I agree. That's what made those two picks so great. BPA and need. Third and fourth round, can only be called need. 5th round was BPFWA for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I agree. That's what made those two picks so great. BPA and need. Third and fourth round, can only be called need. 5th round was BPFWA for sure
    You don't think that in the 3rd and 4th round that TT had a bunch of very similar talents ranked out at various positions and it only makes sense that he would choose the position of need amongst similar talent?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I think Janis and Abbrederis were BPA moreso than need. They could've stopped drafting WRs at Adams.
    I actually thought TT would draft more defense considering that was the lesser unit last year.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think Janis and Abbrederis were BPA moreso than need. They could've stopped drafting WRs at Adams.
    I actually thought TT would draft more defense considering that was the lesser unit last year.
    I expect a slew of defensive player UFA's and several more OL

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I expect a slew of defensive player UFA's and several more OL
    Agree.
    Nobody drafted Dion Bailey or Craig Loston, so they could chase those guys to add more competition at safety.

I also think they'll bring in a QB (that Matthews guy from Cornell?)