Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrong Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I like the idea of the RR being public without a logon. Put it to a vote in the Packers area.

FYI one of the images you posted was blocked by a proxy server. The reason Zool moved it is because we don't want to cause problems for those posting from their job.
    Romper Room has good information and just might be the ticket to give non members the courage to want to join Packerrats and post throughout the forum.

Posting in Romper Room isn't as intimidating as it may be for many that shy away from the football section.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Quit your rambling and post more stuff like this.
    Sorry.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gee, this thread went to the RR and just took off, didn't it?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I like the idea of the RR being public without a logon. Put it to a vote in the Packers area.

FYI one of the images you posted was blocked by a proxy server. The reason Zool moved it is because we don't want to cause problems for those posting from their job.
    wha? You want me to set up a poll to decide this? Make an executive decision for crissakes.

Fixing polls makes it seem more legitimate. Because everyone still cares. And they all post from work or have their 6 year old sit on their lap while browsing the internet.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

well if it wasn't for polls, rand and all politics would be gone from this site

thats probably what would have happened if mad had made an executive decision instead of allowing a poll to play out

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well if it wasn't for polls, rand and all politics would be gone from this site

thats probably what would have happened if mad had made an executive decision instead of allowing a poll to play out
    that would be fine with me, but then it would be a site like any other Packer site. Most of them have no personality at all. If you like just Packer football discussion, that's great. I was looking for something else. But, in effect that's pretty much gone anyway.

well if it wasn't for pussies complaining about every fucking little thing, polls would be gone from this site and it wouldn't have been reduced to the equivalent of a boring suck-ass semi-private AOL chat room years ago.

thats probably what would have happened if mad had made an executive decision instead of allowing people like you to destroy what made this place popular and interesting in the first place.

But that ship sailed years ago. And amazingly enough some of the same people who fucked this place up in the first place are still complaining over the corpse.

Get a haircut and some jeans made for men and stop acting like other people talking about stuff you allegedly aren't interested in somehow makes your life more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    But, in effect that's pretty much gone anyway.
    What part of it is left? I do appreciate the couple of people left in the packer section who know what they're talking about, but outside of that there ain't dick that makes this site any different than the other couple hundred dozen that failed due to the same reasons you point out. The Tory Humphry "interview" was the tipping point. Someone with an enormous head and absolutely terrible, horrible judgement thought mainstreaming the site by chopping off all the legs that had built it into what it was could catapult it into some kind of "legitimate" website. Instead, it tipped over and died. But it was the legs' fault somehow.

But every good thing must end. It was just too bad that this place was murdered as a result of egomaniacal behavior instead of dying naturally from lack of interest.

The Tory Humphry "interview" was the tipping point.
    what did I miss? I vaguely recall that. Was it totally fake?

what did I miss? I vaguely recall that. Was it totally fake?
    Now that you mention it, it might have been given what happened afterward, but me thinks someone thought that "interview" meant this site was a legitimate packers news site and as such, was no place for lesbians, humor, politics, off color jokes, pictures of other member's breasts, religion, bad words, mom jokes, allusions, hyperbole, dissension, or anything else a six year old might find offensive, confusing, or sexually arousing. The result, predictably (to some of us anyway), was the exodus of the interesting conversations that used to have people logged onto the site all day involved in several different conversations, usually due to a certain someone banning anyone with anything to say, usually after he threatened to beat them up and insulted their internet manhood, the irony of which apparently never realized.

Not that it matters anymore, but it is poignant to bask in the nostalgia of the good ol' days occasionally, no matter how long ago it was, especially when some asshole who cheered the very path that led us here demands we kick the corpse some more.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Now that you mention it, it might have been given what happened afterward, but me thinks someone thought that "interview" meant this site was a legitimate packers news site and as such, was no place for lesbians, humor, politics, off color jokes, pictures of other member's breasts, religion, bad words, mom jokes, allusions, hyperbole, dissension, or anything else a six year old might find offensive, confusing, or sexually arousing. The result, predictably (to some of us anyway), was the exodus of the interesting conversations that used to have people logged onto the site all day involved in several different conversations, usually due to a certain someone banning anyone with anything to say, usually after he threatened to beat them up and insulted their internet manhood, the irony of which apparently never realized.

Not that it matters anymore, but it is poignant to bask in the nostalgia of the good ol' days occasionally, no matter how long ago it was, especially when some asshole who cheered the very path that led us here demands we kick the corpse some more.
    Youre truly in pain huh? It also pains me to see it so. I believe I only threatened you, nuts, and Harlan with violence. Nuts is the only one who is a legit threat though. Since I actually met you I know the sad little man you really are. Tell me what can I do to help? Eat the barrel of shotgun? Work on your yard? I'm here for you.

Youre truly in pain huh? It also pains me to see it so. I believe I only threatened you, nuts, and Harlan with violence. Nuts is the only one who is a legit threat though. Since I actually met you I know the sad little man you really are. Tell me what can I do to help? Eat the barrel of shotgun? Work on your yard? I'm here for you.
    This is my totally unsurprised face. Why make this about me? I'm not the one who killed the site. I'm not the one who made those decisions, and certainly never agreed with them. You were wrong. Not much to do about it now other than make like an internet tough guy, I guess.

You can kill yourself if you'd like. I'm ambivalent. We were having a conversation here.

yes yes, we here all the time about how you hate this site, and how its dead, and how the others are all better

but you're still here, right?

yes yes, we here all the time about how you hate this site, and how its dead, and how the others are all better

he hardly contributes at all anymore. Same as about 20 or 30 other people who have left or been banned - or died.

I never said I hate the site. Or that others are better, although at this point, that bar isn't very high. If you don't think the site is "dead," compared to having somewhere around 100 (real) people logged in and contributing at a time for things like the draft, or 4 or 5 or a dozen people logged into a thread at a time on a weekday evening having a conversation about teen pregnancy, or a drunken divorce, or weightlifting routines, then you're dumber than I think you are, which is a pretty high bar to clear.

We've been fed bullshit about why this person left, or that person, usually to justify moronic decisions about what wasn't allowed on the site anymore. But there's only one reason people in general stop visiting a website - it doesn't interest them anymore. And this place has turned that into a science. In an effort to keep a few, it drove away the many. Then dropped off the internet for over a year. Then returned more boring than ever.

I'm mostly still here because I don't like saying, "I told you so." I'm content with just watching. I guess that's what makes me different than the dozens of others who put embarrassingly large amounts of time, effort, and thought into this place over the years only to have it spoiled by one person's mental instability, which was fed by people like you making demands out of people like me to act a certain way. Well, you got your way (although you still whine about sections of the website you don't even have to visit, much less read). Behold, your Nirvana! A starkly ununique place where a dozen people exchange ideas occasionally, solely about football, and one guy posts dozens of tangential links! Where else in this whole wide world could you find such extravagance?!

yes yes, we hear all the time about how you hate this site, and how its dead, and how the others are all better

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    yes yes, we hear all the time about how you hate this site, and how its dead, and how the others are all better

Oh shut up! What we really want to know is: where is Easy Cheesy??

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    he hardly contributes at all anymore. Same as about 20 or 30 other people who have left or been banned - or died.
    You always seem like someone who has some reason to him. Do you want admin access so you can see who is really banned? People just leave, like skin said, for whatever reason. Don't say something you have no clue about, there is only 18 names banned. Want to see who?

Help Showing Users 1 to 18 of 18
    User Name Email Join Date Last Activity Post Count Options
    antoniofreeman 06-13-2013 08-10-2013 0
    BobHanssen 06-25-2008 01-09-2012 2
    cpk1994 05-23-2006 05-23-2012 4,196
    get louder at lambeau 07-24-2009 07-15-2011 1,147
    ICU81MI 12-21-2009 02-07-2010 36
    Joe 11-14-2010 06-09-2011 74
    leenoz 12-07-2010 12-07-2010 1
    LegandofthePack15 05-23-2012 02-05-2013 448
    motrollatible 12-06-2010 12-06-2010 1
    Pacopete4 08-09-2006 06-25-2009 3,680