Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raji re-signed...Now show me what you got!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Don't shit your pants quite yet Red. In 2006 Ryan Pickett was signed March 15th. Charles Woodson on April 26th. Free Agency started March 3rd.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Pretty sure he was a stud his first 3 years in the league until we moved him to DE his last two seasons. BTW who would you have signed at NT instead of Raji?
    Raji didn't play often his rookie year. He was a beast his second year and his third was good until he started to fizzle. 2012 was a bad year all around for him. Last year he started strong but everyone blew the hell up after game 4. I like the signing. He has a ton of potential, but he hasn't showed it lately.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Patler pointed out the other day that he couldn't think of a single instance of a big man turning it around and that got me thinking. I hope Raji we haven't overworked Raji in his first few years and worn him down like an early 2000's running back. The big guy should be a lot more stout at this point in his career. I'll pay a year to find out what he can do though.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m

Other teams interested in BJ Raji before he signed his deal with the #Packers? #Raiders and #Chiefs.
    Until the smell of the bullshit became overwhelming.

The entire NFC ignored him just hoping that TT would error in bringing him back for what....$4 million$ and Ohh Yes...incentives.

Priceless!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    bottom line: there is nothing physically wrong with Raji. While it makes sense to be skeptical about him playing as well as in 2010, there is also reason to be optimistic that he will bring better effort this year, UYAW.*

UYAW = unless you are Wist
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I like the signing. How can he not play his ass off this year? Let someone else pay him next year.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I like the signing. How can he not play his ass off this year? Let someone else pay him next year.
    As I said earlier, I hope he plays like a man possessed but the caveat for me is that he had everything to play his ass off for this year and he mailed it in.

Prediction: Raji will start like gangbusters the first five games. Then he'll tear a pectoral, be out for the season, be signed by someone else in free agency next year, and we'll be hearing "Why'd TT let Raji go?" for years...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    So he plays outstanding this season and about game 12 TT opens the bank and overpays him.

He then does a WTF and lays an egg once the money is his. This isn't a man we need at DT. He quit on himself and the Packers already and he'll likely do it again. There's something wrong with the maturity level of BJ Raji. He's obviously got issues to quit as he did last season.

I'd much rather that TT spent the money on a man that wantS to be a Green BAY PACKER.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so the defense sucked because a-rod was injured

and mathews is the only guy that matters on defense

our defense was bad in 2012-injuries

defense is historically bad in 2011-injuries

quick giving the D and M3 and TT a free pass because some guys get injured every year. every team has injured players
    If you think Rodgers being out doesn't hurt the defense, you aren't paying attention.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so, to sum up

we have now spent almost half of our available cap in order to keep together the defense that ranked dead last over the last half of the season, while not spending a single cent trying to fix or improve the defense

top notch
    we started with 33m and it's down to 24m i believe. lots left...to sign cobb and nelson, sign rookies, and roll over to next year. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Prediction: Raji will start like gangbusters the first five games. Then he'll tear a pectoral, be out for the season, be signed by someone else in free agency next year, and we'll be hearing "Why'd TT let Raji go?" for years...
    Well, I got that he'd get a season ending injury right. Just not how many games we'd get out of him first.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Well, I got that he'd get a season ending injury right. Just not how many games we'd get out of him first.
    He tore his biceps, so I'll give you 1 out of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He tore his biceps, so I'll give you 1 out of 3.
    I'll take a 1 out of 3. I'm usually never right in the prognostication category (had to remove the Brad Jones/Andrew Quarless/the fullback whose last name started with Q Fan Clubs from my signature list).

I thought red would be in here having a cardiac event after Ted signed him to another 1 year deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Are you talking about Quinn Johnson, smigeon, or Ina Liaina?

I'm surprised they did this before Randall and Bulaga. Oh well, it was pretty much a given after the pics for Letroy Guion surfaced. I'm happy he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I'm surprised they did this before Randall and Bulaga. Oh well, it was pretty much a given after the pics for Letroy Guion surfaced. I'm happy he's back.
    Check the date (year) of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Are you talking about Quinn Johnson, smigeon, or Ina Liaina?
    Quinn Johnson. I always forget his name.

But my track record has basically doomed both Casey Hayward and Jeff Janis.

The Smidgeon Smack of Sadness.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Check the date (year) of this thread.
    I hate it when people dig up old threads
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck