Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barney Fuckdoggle Award

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

The Barney Fuckdoggle Award

Quote Originally Posted by guywhoshouldwriteforPackerrats
    Chiefs at Packers: The Packers have a knack for having unheralded players step up and play well when it matters most and it is fucking INFURIATING. I would like the loss of a star player to crush them. But NO… no, they always have some asshole behind him ready to go because they’re committed to internal player development because they’re so goddamn PERFECT. Bah! I want scrubs to be SCRUBS. I want to be able to laugh at a rival team for having to put Barney Fuckdoggle in at corner or whatever. It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!” That never happens with my team. With my team, the shitty players are shitty.
    This guy is awesome. If he isn't a member of Packerrats, he should be. Someone extend an offer. It's like he was writing this for us.

In his honor, I think we should have a Barney Fuckdoggle award each week. Obviously, week two is Jayrone Elliott, to whom this upstanding gentleman was referring. Jayrone is an awesome guy, who deserves this honor not only for coming out of nowhere to force two turnovers, but for also being a brilliant playa off the field. A young buck who dresses well and knows that at a charity benefit with hotties in miniskirts, the last person you want to talk to is a some balding 48 year-old who wants to talk Xs and Os like your position coach. Head for the hotties, Jayrone! Accept the week two award with all the attendant glories!

Someone else can backtrack and nominate/award Week 1.

2015 Barney Fuckdoggle Award Winners:

Week 1: ???
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I swear Collinsworth's voice was in my head as I read “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!” Spot on.

I think the Fuckdoggle needs to be handed out on an as-earned basis. Can't force a Fuckdoggle. They are extruded out of the heat and pressure of unpredictable intersections of complex events.

Oh but the Fuckdoggle is real to be sure and Jayrone is deserving.

Point of clarification please: in the JE anecdote were you balding or wearing a mini?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I heard that over 40% of our roster is undrafted or drafted in the final two rounds.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I heard that over 40% of our roster is undrafted or drafted in the final two rounds.
    Sooo...40% are Fuckdoggle eligible. Good to know.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Week 1 - Nate Palmer in for Barrington?

Quote Originally Posted by Brohm View Post
    Week 1 - Nate Palmer in for Barrington?
    Or Starks for Lacy? A semi-forgotten vet that gets no press, but steps into a big role and holds the fort...

I tend to agree with Swede though. To pick someone during week when there might be no one deserving cheapens the glory of a true Fuckdoggle.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Starks went in for Lacy versus the Seahawks. Can a Fuckdoggle Award go to a former starter? If yes, then perhaps Barclay for subbing in for Bulaga (reason: no one suffered season ending injury)?

Week 1's Stud list:

Studs

Aaron Rodgers - 18-23, 189, 3 TD 0 INT

James Jones - 4-51, 2 TD's (Shoulda been 3)

Lacy - 19-85, 1 TD Bounced it outside a bit too much, but ran hard inside.

Clay Matthews - Key INT and great play to run down Forte

ST: Adams (not being Bostick), Monty (returns)

O Line

There aren't a lot of scrubs on that list.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Looking at your list pb, I gotta say it goes to JJ. Cut by two teams this season, moves from the Giants roster to the Packers at final cutdown and catches 2 TD passes 7 days later? Ya, that's a Fuckdoggle extraordinaire!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Threads like this make Packerrats the bastion of enlightenment and higher thought that it is. This place is a lonely candle light in the vast, ever growing, dank, dark wilderness that is the interwebs.

Count my vote for not forcing the Fuckdoggle. A Fuckdoggle must be earned, not just handed out like a participation award.

Starters, generally, don't get the Fuckdoggle. JJ being the exception for week one as G so eloquently articulated.

Blog Entries
    This Fuckdoggle guy, is he the new owner of Rats?

Nice
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This Fuckdoggle guy, is he the new owner of Rats?
    I think he's a Tweener.

Tech Support and OLB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I agree. Don't force the Fuckdoggle. But keep it in mind and we'll hand out the award when it's due.

And Swede, I was the balding guy, but I was watching the skirts (sort of, the wife was hovering nearby).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The James Jones situation is an interesting one Fuckdogglewise.

He was no unknown. He has been a hot commodity as a free agent. He was a good receiver for Oakland. But then he gets cut by two teams and plays like a league star for us.

That is a Fuckdoggle of a different color.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    The James Jones situation is an interesting one Fuckdogglewise.

He was no unknown. He has been a hot commodity as a free agent. He was a good receiver for Oakland. But then he gets cut by two teams and plays like a league star for us.

That is a Fuckdoggle of a different color.
    I would call it a Doggfuckle, which is a reverse Fuckdoggle. Cue John Madden. It's when a guy who used to be okay gets cut and then--BOOM--he comes back and bites you in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I would call it a Doggfuckle, which is a reverse Fuckdoggle. Cue John Madden. It's when a guy who used to be okay gets cut and then--BOOM--he comes back and bites you in the ass.
    Repped for contributing to the Fuckdoggling and making me laugh. Perhaps, given the prodigal son nature of the Doggfuckle Award, the customary awarding of the honor should go something like, "James Jones! Where have you been you damned Doggfuckle?"

It could easily be a verb, as we got Doggfuckled by Jeremy Ross after he went to Detroit.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I think mraynrand gets the Fuckdoggle award for the week for posters with finding this.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Alonzo Harris is well positioned for a Fuckdoggle opportunity, but probably not this week. Lacy is going to play hurt, just like he did the last time he had bad ankle. But 3rd string running backs always seem to get their moment.

Montgomery is not playing like a rookie. Unfortunately, I picked him to be the breakout star WR for the packers this season. An endorsement that prestigious raises expectations, drains the fuckdoggle away.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think he's a Tweener.

Tech Support and OLB.
    That sounds like Zool. He's got the junkyard dog temperament for both jobs.

I feel a Jim Croce song coming on.

(PS. I once knew some 11-year-old kids who formed a sarcastic Jim Croce fan club back in the early 80s. A brother and sister who I lived with as a border. Great kids. "Croce rules!" spray-painted all around town. CDs and misc paraphernalia for new members. )
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 09-26-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I think mraynrand gets the Fuckdoggle award for the week for posters with finding this.
    Pugger found it first.